UnevenEdge

Toonami Unveils Schedule For July 25th, New Secret Anime Short at 12:30!

Yeah it's probably another Rick & Morty anime short (which DOES NOT come out of Toonami's budget) but we can certainly hope it will be something else. Having most of the shows airing in 35 minute time slots should allow for plenty of time for previews and other goodies.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Not yet, he said they're finishing it off and printing/shipping could take a little longer due to everything going on, feels like he's been posting new sketches every week or so since then.

I’ll be honest, if the pilot turns out as good as the footage is hinting at, and I was a Netflix executive asked to choose between Bean Bandit, Swat Kats, and Hazbin Hotel, I would choose Bean Bandit.

1 hour ago, Jman said:

I’ll be honest, if the pilot turns out as good as the footage is hinting at, and I was a Netflix executive asked to choose between Bean Bandit, Swat Kats, and Hazbin Hotel, I would choose Bean Bandit.

Yeah, though I'd really like to see Swat Kats back as well.

But yeah Bean Bandit + Gunsmith Cats is looking so good.

Edited by DangerMouse

7 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, though I'd really like to see Swat Kats back as well.

But yeah Bean Bandit + Gunsmith Cats is looking so good.

According to the guy heading the Kickstarter for the pilot, a certain furry musical of nightmares has killed anything with anthropomorphic creatures for the foreseeable future.

9 minutes ago, Jman said:

According to the guy heading the Kickstarter for the pilot, a certain furry musical of nightmares has killed anything with anthropomorphic creatures for the foreseeable future.

Oh yeah that's right I saw that in his update too about the current progress toward landing a deal.

That's gotta be super frustrating that execs would make that dumb comparison between Cats and a cool 90s action show like Swat Kats.

Edited by DangerMouse

23 minutes ago, Jman said:

And yet Beastars and BNA went huge.

(Goddammit I blame Oda for turning me into this.)

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

And yet Beastars and BNA went huge.

(Goddammit I blame Oda for turning me into this.)

I’m just the messenger here.  That and Western action cartoons have had a very rough go of it the past few years.  The Avatar clones are all merchandising duds, superheroes are sold through their big films, and everything else is either from Japan or designed specifically to mimic Japanese work.

19 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Oh yeah that's right I saw that in his update too about the current progress toward landing a deal.

That's gotta be super frustrating that execs would make that dumb comparison between Cats and a cool 90s action show like Swat Kats.

pretty much he stated that it had to do with big wigs seeing something fail and then refusing to green light anything that reminds them of that failure

so let's say A movie about Ninja's flopped hard...they would reject anything to do with ninja's just because of that failed ninja movie

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

pretty much he stated that it had to do with big wigs seeing something fail and then refusing to green light anything that reminds them of that failure

so let's say A movie about Ninja's flopped hard...they would reject anything to do with ninja's just because of that failed ninja movie

Quick!  Someone make a ninja movie that bombs at the box office before they finish casting Naruto!