UnevenEdge

Worst games you've played?

That_One_Guy

1.Tomorrow never does for the ps1- everything about this game is pure dogshit. It's like it got released in beta lol

2. Duke nukem 3d for the n64- not nearly as fun as the PC version. Censored and no music

3. Final fantasy 9- a lot of people disagree with me on this one but this shit is way too easy and it's literally 70 percent dialogue. Just boring ass grinding until you can beat the next predictable boss. Fun.

4. Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde for the NES- The name alone tells you everything lol

5.Bulletstorm for the Xbox 360- boring, stale shooter. Nothing to it.

• Haha 1

Mario's Time Machine - SNES I think this was the bad video game rental I ever made. 

Shadowgate - NES point and click game. Might have enjoyed it on a computer, but on the nes having to move a cursor with a dpad sucked

Hey You Pikachu - N64 This is probably the point I hit where I realized that not everything with the word pokemon on it was amazing. Really I don't know what I expected out of it. 

Sirin -ps2 This game was bad simply because the creators made it so difficult that it would be impossible to beat via renting, and you would need to use the internet to help find the secret ways to beat the levels and get each ending. The game itself isn't bad now, but when I was 14 I didn't know any of that and would just hit impassible loops where I couldn't progress because the game doesn't tell you anything. 

17 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

only kudasai has worst game material on here the rest are really lucky to not play some of this high tier shit lol.

I can't remember the names of the atrocious NES games we had in our collection that I attempted playing as a child.  Thankfully I didn't have any at the AVGN level that were completely unplayable.

20 minutes ago, avec said:

I can't remember the names of the atrocious NES games we had in our collection that I attempted playing as a child.  Thankfully I didn't have any at the AVGN level that were completely unplayable.

it was a long time ago lol but surely you picked up some shit tiered games along the way? theres a good amount of them on almost every console. i guess as we got older, it became easier to avoid some of this high tier shit but some shit games still manage to slip though and get played. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Is this the N64 one?

Yeah, I should’ve put Superman 64 but had a brainfart. I rented it ages ago and made it to the bank’s interior. People always talk about the rings, but trying to fight indoors while trying to aim Superman’s heat vision is just as miserable. 

42 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

theres a good amount of them on almost every console. i guess as we got older, it became easier to avoid some of this high tier shit but some shit games still manage to slip though and get played. 

Yes and no. I had knock off N64 games to popular ones (i.e. MACE https://youtu.be/-WaQvGGnhhc, Hexen https://youtu.be/dTrI2im443k, and Diddy Kong Racing) and they were tolerable games. When I was able to buy my own games, I didn't have much money so I really only bought FF.  I did play my fair share of Mystic Quest, which people shit on, but definitely not the worst game.  

• Like 1

Ah now that I think on it, I did have Faxanadu for NES and did not understand how the fuck to play this game as a kid. 

Still though, it has a nostalgic factor where I can't say it's a terrible game or the worst.  I'd still shit on FFVIII instead because by the third disc I had no idea what the fuck was going on and/or lost interest. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, avec said:

I did play Wave Race N64 alot, and deeply hated it for some reason.  I wish I had fucking Zelda or Mario 64 or something, jesus christ.

Okay, I'll stop spamming this thread now.

i cant defend ffviii much since i never played it.

but come on! wave race 64 is one of the best games on the system!

you killing me! 💀

2 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

i cant defend ffviii much since i never played it.

but come on! wave race 64 is one of the best games on the system!

you killing me! 💀

Maybe I just got sick of it.  Like I didn't have many games to play and it just really irked me.

4 hours ago, naraku360 said:

I tried playing the CDi Zeldas once.

Dead to Rights was pretty terrible, too.

Xenosaga 2 was a gameplay abortion, though the story was great.

I fucking hated Hotel Dusk for being the most viciously mundane mystery to ever be conceived.

Hahahaha omfg someone who actually played the cdi Zelda game.  Jesus christ.

Also, I forgot about Xenosaga 2.  I think I bought it from a Gamers and was like...ew.

But that card game in Xenosaga...the. fucking. best.

I was sad to see FFVIII and IX get lumped in with some really terrible games, but it did give me a friendly reminder of how awful Dirge of Cerberus was. If you ever wanted a game that made the act of firing guns a miserable experience, then look no further than Dirge of Cerberus. 

On 4/8/2020 at 4:07 PM, That_One_Guy said:

3. Final fantasy 9- a lot of people disagree with me on this one but this shit is way too easy and it's literally 70 percent dialogue. Just boring ass grinding until you can beat the next predictable boss. Fun.

Normally I would respect someone else's opinions, but ya cut me deep. It's one of the worst games you've ever played? Ever? Feels like this is either a personal vendetta with the game for you or this is strictly for a reaction. There are plenty of games I personally find overrated but I'd never say they're among the worst games I've ever played. 

giphy.gif