UnevenEdge

My Hero Academia confirms Season 5 to the surprise of absolutely no one

Jman

7 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

This is probably coming in Fall 2021 or something like that, long after the coronavirus is just a painful memory!

Right now the Corona Virus is jamming its pointy little tip right up our asses.

1 minute ago, elfie said:

I am astounded Japan hasn't totally shut down all animation production by this point.

A fairly large amount of that can be done from home.

Western animators (Powerhouse comes to mind) are still working.  If this shit keeps up, expect a LOT of adult animated sitcoms come fall.

Man the 2nd half of S4 is a mistake. Might just wait around for S5 instead of subjecting myself to this "yippie!" filler nonsense.

How are Bones compared to other studios in terms of tech & worker conditions? Would they be more likely to give their employees the necessary hardware to work remotely?

Edited by MasqueradeOverture

1 hour ago, Top Gun said:

Dude I'm loving the hell out of this arc.

I did find it interesting we got a very Japanese story following their version of “The cure” from X-Men, and then the Principal breaks the fourth wall to defend it happening instead of more X-stories.

It’d be like if next season we get their version of “God Loves, Man Kills”, followed by a hot spring trip.

Edited by Jman
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, elfie said:

k but how do you really feel?

*lays down on the couch*

I dunno.  It just seems like we're all gonna die, ya know?  The doomsaying is getting way over the top and people everywhere are wearing masks and gloves and the stores have big barriers out front herding people in and spraying them down like dirty sheep.  My own family is buying into it and I'm just like "Guys, just stay away from other people and wash your goddamn hands."  But they don't wanna listen.  Nobody wants to listen.  Everyone is going psycho and it's just 2012/2001/2000 all over again with the armageddon worship.  Like people want the world to end so they can have an excuse to panic.

I mean, I get that folks are bored as hell and anything is better than nothing at all when it comes to something to talk about.  But fuck.  I just wanna buy some damn cheese, ya know?  The store has no decent cheese.  Hell, it doesn't even have ass cheese.  Somebody went in there and saw the good cheese was gone and decided to buy all the ass cheese just so they can be happy in knowing they have any sort of cheese.  I'm talking that 58 cent oil based crap you couldn't feed to a goat.  And those bastards eat anything you put in their face.  That cheese is that wretched.  Nobody buys that cheese.  But right now they are crazy enough that owning that terrible cheese is something they feel is necessary.  The world is ending and they want to be sure they have cheese.  Even if that cheese is terrible.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

28 minutes ago, Azalar Hex said:

The doomsaying is getting way over the top and people everywhere are wearing masks and gloves and the stores have big barriers out front herding people in and spraying them down like dirty sheep.  My own family is buying into it and I'm just like "Guys, just stay away from other people and wash your goddamn hands."  But they don't wanna listen.  Nobody wants to listen.  Everyone is going psycho and it's just 2012/2001/2000 all over again with the armageddon worship.  Like people want the world to end so they can have an excuse to panic.

Surprisingly poignant.

1 minute ago, PokeNirvash said:

Nothing is worse than the Space Dandy musical episode (the High School Caste System song, at least). Except for maybe the laugh track one.

The musical episode made me give up on Dandy.  It was cringe, top to bottom.

The school festival thing HAS to be an editorial mandate.  Especially since there are so many more clever things you can do with an internet streaming villain with a lot of money and taste.  Like Arcade for instance.  You don’t think Gentle trapping 1-A in Japanese Murderworld wouldn’t be fun?

• D'oh 1

1 hour ago, Jman said:

The musical episode made me give up on Dandy.  It was cringe, top to bottom.

The school festival thing HAS to be an editorial mandate.  Especially since there are so many more clever things you can do with an internet streaming villain with a lot of money and taste.  Like Arcade for instance.  You don’t think Gentle trapping 1-A in Japanese Murderworld wouldn’t be fun?

Yeah I didn't like the musical episode of Dandy either. Possibly because it was written by people who didn't understand how to actually do a musical scene. Like when south park does a spoof on Musicals, it works because the creators are musical theater fans and know how to write a song and have even made their own plays.  With Dandy you can tell that someone in the writers room was just like hey lets make fun of HS musical shit because it was popular 5 years ago and we're really behind current trends. Also the song has to also make sense in English and Japanese meaning that it won't make any cohesive sense at all. 

As for Gentle I don't think he's rich. He's just a Gentleman. 

11 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

Y'all have the worst fucking taste.  This arc is awesome and High School Musical Dandy was goddamn magical.

In all fairness, I did eventually come around to that episode of Dandy overall, but I stand by my opinion that the High School Caste System song is the show's absolute nadir.

10 hours ago, Azalar Hex said:

*lays down on the couch*

I dunno.  It just seems like we're all gonna die, ya know?  The doomsaying is getting way over the top and people everywhere are wearing masks and gloves and the stores have big barriers out front herding people in and spraying them down like dirty sheep.  My own family is buying into it and I'm just like "Guys, just stay away from other people and wash your goddamn hands."  But they don't wanna listen.  Nobody wants to listen.  Everyone is going psycho and it's just 2012/2001/2000 all over again with the armageddon worship.  Like people want the world to end so they can have an excuse to panic.

I mean, I get that folks are bored as hell and anything is better than nothing at all when it comes to something to talk about.  But fuck.  I just wanna buy some damn cheese, ya know?  The store has no decent cheese.  Hell, it doesn't even have ass cheese.  Somebody went in there and saw the good cheese was gone and decided to buy all the ass cheese just so they can be happy in knowing they have any sort of cheese.  I'm talking that 58 cent oil based crap you couldn't feed to a goat.  And those bastards eat anything you put in their face.  That cheese is that wretched.  Nobody buys that cheese.  But right now they are crazy enough that owning that terrible cheese is something they feel is necessary.  The world is ending and they want to be sure they have cheese.  Even if that cheese is terrible.

I am astounded at how many people in this country STILL don't practice social distancing! THIS is why other countries have actual lockdowns! This is why America is hated. Because we don't LISTEN!

• 5 months later...