UnevenEdge

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - Episode 23 Discussion!!

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

Yep.  Muzan is a cowardly delegating villain like Naraku heh.

Except Naraku is actually willing to get his hands dirty on occasion.

Muzan just subscribes to the holy book of Yosikage Kira.

17 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Not sure but all those spider demons had them, along with their white hair, in their second forms.

Well he had a scene all to himself where he vowed to defeat Kibutsugi.  No reason for him to put on an act for himself, so I don't think this is another Vangeance/Patry situation.  There is definitely something weird about him and those twins though.

3 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Well he had a scene all to himself where he vowed to defeat Kibutsugi.  No reason for him to put on an act for himself, so I don't think this is another Vangeance/Patry situation.  There is definitely something weird about him and those twins though.

Oh yeah I definitely think he's not lying about being out to get Kibutsuji and his demons, especially with him saying it to himself in private, but I'm very curious about his identity (and the twins too)

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Oh interesting, hadn't looked for any others from her.

Yeah, a bit weird that she didn't do one of the angry Nezuko looks too.

It was in the related videos, heh.  Well, she did the fighting demon version too, with a few minor alterations.

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 1

I have tried, but I gotta say that I don't really like this series. Disappointing because I really liked the idea of it. I just can't find myself to connect with any of the cast, and a lot of it just feels like it stole a lot from Inuyasha. The lack of liking any of the cast though is probably more of the issue though. It's weird because I can watch SAO in a it's so bad it's funny kinda way. This just feels like it falls short of something. I think it may be a pacing and build-up issue. Like killed a demon, caw caw next mission repeat till the spider forest. Then we have a lot of time devoted to villain backstory who are just going to die; before our main cast is even fully fleshed out. They ended up revealing a bit more about the MC's past, but for dear christ he is so damn bland I don't care. It feels like the demons are the real focal characters that carry the series, but you can't really connect with them because they aren't recurring and get killed off. Like if this series were written by anyone else a bulk of the spider family would have escaped and been recurring antagonists and possible allies down the road. The series is just very in the moment. Not to mention I really can't stand characters who do nothing but yell and cry all their lines and that's pretty much the main cast. Really doubt I'll be watching this come season 2. 

• Like 1