UnevenEdge

Sword Art Online: Aliciziation - War of Underworld Episode 5 Discussion

ben0119

6 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

as a harem protag, i nevr hated kirito. it's his deus ex machina power at the expense of all the women's chances to shine.

better to have a bland, boring, relatively upright harem protagonist than a gross perverted one

I've begun watching "is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon" at the insistance of a friend and I can assure you, there's a third option

a cute likeable Harem protag who is genuine sweet and isn't creepy at all, and who you can actually belive girls would find cute and be attracted to

Image result for Bell Cranel

Edited by mochi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CorbeauKarasu said:

go see birds of prey. it's very good

I'm annoyed that Harley Quinn was put into it when she has nothing to do with Birds of Prey, and Barbara Gordon doesn't seem to he in it.  And apparently it's a follow up to Suicide Squad which I didn't see.  And the director's cut is supposed to be better and don't know how easily accessible that is.

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

Next I need to see Sonic next week since I always played those games and it's getting good impressions

And they redesigned him after fans balked at the hideous first version.  I would have seen it Thursday but I got sick.

16 hours ago, ben0119 said:

And they redesigned him after fans balked at the hideous first version.  I would have seen it Thursday but I got sick.

it's actually really good

also it's apparently beaten Detective Pikachu in both viewer reactions AND opening weekend ticket sales so....that kinda tells you everything you need to know

• Like 2

On 2/15/2020 at 11:23 PM, mochi said:

I've begun watching "is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon" at the insistance of a friend and I can assure you, there's a third option

a cute likeable Harem protag who is genuine sweet and isn't creepy at all, and who you can actually belive girls would find cute and be attracted to

to be honest, though, this is what i assume people mean when they call harem protags boring and bland. I LOVE BELL CRANEL. i never even found Tenchi Masaki boring or bland.

7 hours ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

to be honest, though, this is what i assume people mean when they call harem protags boring and bland. I LOVE BELL CRANEL. i never even found Tenchi Masaki boring or bland.

Tenchi had some great lines.

When he thought Ryoko died..."She was such a good person!..... well... not really"

On 2/18/2020 at 11:56 AM, CorbeauKarasu said:

Tenchi is another good example of a Harem protag who's not boring, he has an actual personality and you can kind of understand why the girls like him
even if appearance wise Tenchi isn't much to speak of
 Image result for tenchi masaki

also Bell Cranel is adorable and I love him >_>

Edited by mochi

On 2/15/2020 at 11:23 PM, mochi said:

Somebody urged me to watch that show too a while back on the old boards.  I watched like the first 3-5 episodes and could not get into it at all.  It just felt like a big ball of nothing.  Hestia is annoying as fuck.  And the cutesy stuff like Bell and Hestia brushing their teeth during the OP gets on my nerves.  But I dunno, maybe I would have enjoyed it more if the reason for me watching it didn't spring from an argument over SAO, and if it was in English at the time.  But yeah I dunno.

Other thing is, I do not like harem series at all and avoid them if I can, and I could never stand Tenchi from the very beginning.  The characters on the show are annoying as fuck, and it made me question Tenchi's sexuality that he never fucks any of these girls he lives with.

Edited by ben0119