UnevenEdge

Skydance Television claims to be working on a live action Steins Gate TV show

Jman

On 1/26/2020 at 11:51 AM, elfie said:

Dammit Hollywood. Has ANY live-action Hollywood anime series been remotely good??

I stand by the opinion that the Wachowskis' Speed Racer movie was a fun piece of entertainment that critics just don't (and refuse to) understand.

Edited by PokeNirvash
I STAND BY IT, JMAN AND JINGAI.
  • Like 1
  • D'oh 2

2 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

I stand by the opinion that the Wachowskis' Speed Racer movie was a fun piece of entertainment that critics just don't (and refuse to) understand.

I thought the movie was pretty alright. From what I heard though the lead actor Emile Hirsch really took a big hit to his acting career with how poorly the movie was received.

That reminds me of that Speed Racer cartoon they released around that time... I kind of liked that one at first, but it became so cheesy and stupid in no time at all.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, elfie said:

... Oh yeah.

... but I still stand by my earlier point that I was asking about ........... SHOWSSS. Not MOVIES.

Nobody cares that you specified TV shows, Elfie. People read "Hollywood anime" in your post, so no shit they're posting movies instead of what you intended for them to lob at you.

3 hours ago, elfie said:

Cool that the last word in this thread's name isn't "show" then.

Do any hollywood live action anime 'series' even exist? I can't think of a single one. Cowboy Bebop isn't out yet so it doesn't count(since you were asking if any are good and we don't know on this one yet).

15 minutes ago, Ric said:

Do any hollywood live action anime 'series' even exist? I can't think of a single one. Cowboy Bebop isn't out yet so it doesn't count(since you were asking if any are good and we don't know on this one yet).

These series (And movies) get optioned and never made.

Remember back in the 90’s Alicia Silverstone was attached to a live action Sailor Moon and an executive actually optioned a live action Ranma 1/2.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

US live action series based on anime? Series? Uhhh. I'm thinking zero as well.

4 hours ago, Jman said:

These series (And movies) get optioned and never made.

Remember back in the 90’s Alicia Silverstone was attached to a live action Sailor Moon and an executive actually optioned a live action Ranma 1/2.

There's also how back around 2010/11 or whenever, all the talks about making an American movie based on Bleach. Think they even talked about Naruto 

8 hours ago, Fortnite Guy Keanu Reeves said:

There's also how back around 2010/11 or whenever, all the talks about making an American movie based on Bleach. Think they even talked about Naruto 

At least they confirmed why Bleach got pulled.  Kubo himself pulled the plug because they were going to change too much.  To be fair, that Japanese movie wasn’t too bad.

Naruto IIRC got optioned and nothing came of it.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jman said:

At least they confirmed why Bleach got pulled.  Kubo himself pulled the plug because they were going to change too much.  To be fair, that Japanese movie wasn’t too bad.

Naruto IIRC got optioned and nothing came of it.

I did finally see the Bleach live-action movie. It should be noted that even the Japan can adapt anime horribly too, like the two Attack on Titan movies.