ed36afe953d0e2e3c00a9542e4078720.jpg

Original Airdate:

December 14, 2008

Season: 10

Piece: 15

Opening:

We Are! (2008 Remix) by TVXQ!

Previously on One Piece:

Brook recalled the Rumbar Pirates' journey through the Grand Line, where they faced many dangers but still managed to enjoy themselves. Like for instent how the captain contracted an illness and attempted to leave the Grand Line through the Calm Belt with the other infected crew, leaving Brook in charge of the remaining pirates. The journey continued until some powerful enemies defeated the Rumbar Pirates in the Florian Triangle, fatally poisoning them. As they were dying, they sang Binks's Brew one last time, recording it in a Tone Dial in the hopes that Brook would revive

with his Devil Fruit power and deliver the shell to Laboon. Back in the present, Brook silently hopes Laboon will wait just a little longer for his return.

Join us tonight as we enter the swan song for One Piece's Thriller Bark

tumblr_m4p4m67P321rsdimto1_500.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

Who you may lose in this life is never truly gone, their memory will remain like notes in a song played on and on 

Only on Toonami

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My goodness, so we're finally at the end of this arc which seemed to last a year.

Maybe my fatigue towards One Piece will finally subside now that we'll soon be in fresh material...

OP will always be a long series so if that's the problem, I doubt the fatigue will go away.

But the next few arcs are indeed awesome and start off the 'climax' to the first half of OP, so to speak.

But there will be 3 episodes of filler before the start of the next canon arc.

My goodness, so we're finally at the end of this arc which seemed to last a year.

Maybe my fatigue towards One Piece will finally subside now that we'll soon be in fresh material...

No, it's only going to get worse as the show gets slower.

Just as an option, if the anime ever gets too slow but you still like the series, you can always just jump to the manga. That's what most people who have a problem with the anime's pacing do, anyway.

I'd probably start marathonning it then switch to the manga when I ran out of episodes.  I'm more of an anime guy than a manga guy.  If I ever got the time, of course.  I don't think I'll have too much of an issue, though.

You know, I wonder why they couldn't just make the runtime shorter, or use part of the runtime to show shorts, that way the pacing of the canon material itself is preserved.  Once something is padded, really no way to fix it.  Not like you can just skip it, like filler.  Though you know, I wouldn't put it past Toei to make a One Piece Kai of sorts years down the road.  FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

To be honest, the third is good for Brook's character.

The first two are... eh... typical OP filler stuff. Unthreatning villian, annoying filler kids, etc etc. Lol

Yeah the filler is usually pretty obvious.  It's just so... nothing, haha.  And why the kids?!

Still, can't nothing be worse than the time Luffy fell in a hole.

I'd probably start marathonning it then switch to the manga when I ran out of episodes.  I'm more of an anime guy than a manga guy.  If I ever got the time, of course.  I don't think I'll have too much of an issue, though.

You know, I wonder why they couldn't just make the runtime shorter, or use part of the runtime to show shorts, that way the pacing of the canon material itself is preserved.  Once something is padded, really no way to fix it.  Not like you can just skip it, like filler.  Though you know, I wouldn't put it past Toei to make a One Piece Kai of sorts years down the road.  FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I honestly wish Toei would just animate some of the cover stories that take place in the manga that feature other OP characters and what they're currently doing. they did it with Buggy and Coby early on, but animated no more after that. Meaning that sometimes a chracter just comes back randomlly in the anime, when in the manga, you know how they got where they are currently.

Oda basically gives them filler/canon material, but Toei doesn't take advantage of 'em. Meh.

I honestly wish Toei would just animated some of the cover stories that take place in the manga that feature other OP characters and what they're currently doing.

Oda basically gives them filler/canon material, but Toei doesn't take advantage of 'em. Meh.

I heard about that too.  Don't get why they wouldn't. *sigh*

So if Brook dropped dead just like that, who pushed stop on the recording? >:D

Being alone with your thoughts for so long.  Especially when you've had that kind of stuff happen to you.  Gotta' be rough.

Way to ruin the emotional moment, Brook!

"So does the offer to join your crew still stand?"  "Yeah welcome aboard." :D

"I'm confused, too!  CHEERS!" :D

Oh yeah, Red Line goes all the way around the planet.  How they are going to get past that the next time they cross it?

Is that Laboon now?  Awesome, he seems happy.  He... knows?  Was that The Force just now? :D

Laboon's sound effects are awesome now, by the way.  I've always loved whales.

Grave... so he still has their bodies?!  No burial at sea, I suppose.

Oh yeah, the island came from the West Blue.  How the hell did Moriya dislodge it anyway?  But what if he comes back and desecrates the grave?!

Violin version...T__T

Whoa... it's Zoro.  Oh yeah, his sword that got destroyed by that rust guy.  Nice little moment here between Zoro and Brook.