UnevenEdge

One Piece Episode 381 Discussion Thread, Thriller Bark Finale

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just give it up Lola ffs.

Mermaids don't wear panties, because they're Mermaids.  Idiots!

So beautiful they give the Pirate Empress Hancock a run for her money?  Hmm.

Franky fixed that old broken down ship?  Impressive.  So it will be of use to somebody at least again.

These jokers came from the New World?  Really?  Vivre Card... Luffy has one of those from Ace.  So that's what it is.  I thought it was like some special ID or something.

NOOOO THE CARD IS BURNING AWAY!  Ace is dying?!

WHAT THE HELL ARE THOSE THINGS?!

Luffy is taking this well...

MORE DRINKING AND PARTYING!

Still don't like that the Sunny is cg...

okay so how the hell did thriller bark come into existence anyways?  Did Gecko Moria build that place with shadows?

They said the land mass part of it, maybe it's an island or part of a continent, came from the West Blue.  Don't know how the fuck Moriya uprooted it and turned it into a ship and built the wall around it, though.  Not sure if the buildings were already there, either.  They seem pretty purpose built for what they were used for as it being Thriller Bark, so I'm guessing they all had to be built, too.  It would definitely have been an interesting thing to learn about.

They said the land mass part of it, maybe it's an island or part of a continent, came from the West Blue.  Don't know how the fuck Moriya uprooted it and turned it into a ship and built the wall around it, though.  Not sure if the buildings were already there, either.  They seem pretty purpose built for what they were used for as it being Thriller Bark, so I'm guessing they all had to be built, too.  It would definitely have been an interesting thing to learn about.

and how Moria Absalom and Hogback escaped. on a mini thriller bark i gotta wonder...the hell was the purpose of that? we know most big bads don't amount to much in future appearances and it's not like hogback's gonna be able to do anything of this calibur again

i agree it would have been interesting to learn about....especially since Thriller Bark was far more interesting and worthy of an explanation than Ennies lobby(Though  I'd imagine even the world government can't imagine the bullshit around thriller bark and why it exists)

and how Moria Absalom and Hogback escaped. on a mini thriller bark i gotta wonder...the hell was the purpose of that? we know most big bads don't amount to much in future appearances and it's not like hogback's gonna be able to do anything of this calibur again

i agree it would have been interesting to learn about....especially since Thriller Bark was far more interesting and worthy of an explanation than Ennies lobby(Though  I'd imagine even the world government can't imagine the bullshit around thriller bark and why it exists)

From what I could tell it was a conventional ship they used to sail out from the big island ship.  I don't know either.  For some reason they just can't die anymore.  It's pissed me off quite a bit in some cases, especially with Eneru.

Oh yeah, definitely.  Though I was curious about that bottomless pit of water.  How far down does it go?  All the way through the planet?  That'd be pretty cool.  It will be hard to cover up.  They seemed to think Moria could recover and regain his position... but I doubt it.  He's been beaten to hell, had his whole HQ wrecked, lost all his shadows, and Perona, who was pretty invaluable, is gone.  I think they were planning on just putting it out there that Moria is still in power and no one would know any better because he's in the Florian Triangle (if anyone even knows that's where he is).  Meh.

From what I could tell it was a conventional ship they used to sail out from the big island ship.  I don't know either.  For some reason they just can't die anymore.  It's pissed me off quite a bit in some cases, especially with Eneru.

Oh yeah, definitely.  Though I was curious about that bottomless pit of water.  How far down does it go?  All the way through the planet?  That'd be pretty cool.  It will be hard to cover up.  They seemed to think Moria could recover and regain his position... but I doubt it.  He's been beaten to hell, had his whole HQ wrecked, lost all his shadows, and Perona, who was pretty invaluable, is gone.  I think they were planning on just putting it out there that Moria is still in power and no one would know any better because he's in the Florian Triangle (if anyone even knows that's where he is).  Meh.

They're most likely just going to cover it up. Crocodile was stripped of his title semi-recently (in-series time, I know it's been a hundred years IRL lol) so they wouldn't want another warlord to lose face so quickly, especially from the same crew.

yeah that's what I'm saying...they never seemed to do much with CP-9 After Ennies Lobby(except in the manga briefly i think)so chances of them doing more with the thriller bark crew is very low

i mean like i said what can hogback do now that Moria lost all the shadows and his zombie army is finished?  Absalom  has no reason to stick around outside of some small sense of loyalty towards moria

but what can moria provide those two now that thriller bark has been lost?

They're most likely just going to cover it up. Crocodile was stripped of his title semi-recently (in-series time, I know it's been a hundred years IRL lol) so they wouldn't want another warlord to lose face so quickly, especially from the same crew.

Right.  It's still lame, though.  Damn government.  The only thing I can think of where a World Government isn't evil is Star Trek.

yeah that's what I'm saying...they never seemed to do much with CP-9 After Ennies Lobby(except in the manga briefly i think)so chances of them doing more with the thriller bark crew is very low

i mean like i said what can hogback do now that Moria lost all the shadows and his zombie army is finished?  Absalom  has no reason to stick around outside of some small sense of loyalty towards moria

Absolom actually turns into a reporter after the timeskip and he 'leaked' some pretty important information in the current chapters.

As for Hogback... yeah, they haven't showed him yet.

It's like Oda just leaves them alive for the sake of leaving them alive.  It's annoying.  Especially when many of these characters deserved death or worse.  It numbs the satisfaction we get from their defeat.  At least Crocodile got thrown in jail. *sigh*

And I'm still not convinced Gecko Moria Wasn't A Demon

So The World Government to me was working with the devil...

I think Moria is confirmed human. He's had his body modified, of course. When he was a kid, he only had horns but his body was pretty normal.

latest?cb=20110804022343

And then during Gold Roger's execution.

latest?cb=20130624083802

And I'm still not convinced Gecko Moria Wasn't A Demon

So The World Government to me was working with the devil...

Yeah, no way that guy was human.  Unless that all came from Hogback's alterations.  Moria does have stitching on him.  But I dunno, he looks pretty vampiric and demonic to me.  I don't think it could all come from Hogback working on him.  Of course, Hogback himself is like a mash-up of a vampire and a mad doctor.

Pretty much.  Not that they're much better.

I think Moria is confirmed human. He's had his body modified, of course. When he was a kid, he only had horns but his body was pretty normal.

latest?cb=20110804022343

Even going by crazy One Piece character design standards, still doesn't look human.  He's got horns, pointed ears, and fangs.

It's like Oda just leaves them alive for the sake of leaving them alive.  It's annoying.  Especially when many of these characters deserved death or worse.  It numbs the satisfaction we get from their defeat.  At least Crocodile got thrown in jail. *sigh*

the hell is this?..Batman

We Just Send Everyone to arkham asylum and hope they don't become a pain in the ass later

Abasalom was a pervert

Hogback was a lunatic operating on corpses

Moria was practically a demon

and While Perona was just as crazy i gotta admit she was kinda cool just for being a weird creepy ghost princess(plus i love using her in OP Burning Blood)

still i agree Oda never kills any of the villains(most of the time)and it's like the strawhats have a no kill policy we never hear about...they don't make sure these guys are dead  they just forget about them after the fight

they didn't even notice gecko moria's body was gone...nobody thought it was strange that a dude that size would just up and vanish after getting his ass severely kicked

Even going by crazy One Piece character design standards, still doesn't look human.  He's got horns, pointed ears, and fangs.

He could be an unannounced race, but I'm pretty sure he's human. humans can pretty much look like anything and be any size in this series.

Yeah, no way that guy was human.  Unless that all came from Hogback's alterations.  Moria does have stitching on him.  But I dunno, he looks pretty vampiric and demonic to me.  I don't think it could all come from Hogback working on him.  Of course, Hogback himself is like a mash-up of a vampire and a mad doctor.

Pretty much.  Not that they're much better.

though Hogback was always a fatass weirdo mad doctor...i wonder if his insanity would have come to survive even if all that crap with his not really girlfriend never happened

the hell is this?..Batman

We Just Send Everyone to arkham asylum and hope they don't become a pain in the ass later

Abasalom was a pervert

Hogback was a lunatic operating on corpses

Moria was practically a demon

and While Perona was just as crazy i gotta admit she was kinda cool just for being a weird creepy ghost princess(plus i love using her in OP Burning Blood)

still i agree Oda never kills any of the villains(most of the time)and it's like the strawhats have a no kill policy we never hear about...they don't make sure these guys are dead  they just forget about them after the fight

they didn't even notice gecko moria's body was gone...nobody thought it was strange that a dude that size would just up and vanish after getting his ass severely kicked

The Strawhats don't care. They just beat em up to get them outta their way and thats it.

though Hogback was always a fatass weirdo mad doctor...i wonder if his insanity would have come to survive even if all that crap with his not really girlfriend never happened

Hogback was already an evil creep, on account of him just being a doctor "for the money," or whatever, and well, having that creepy crush on that girl.  I'm sure he would've ended up to no good somehow, even if it wasn't exactly like this.  He also said he was tired of helping people and hearing them begging Hogback to save their loved ones, and that it wasn't challenging enough for him or something, which is another reason why he joined Moria.  Dude was fucked up.

Hogback was already an evil creep, on account of him just being a doctor "for the money," or whatever, and well, having that creepy crush on that girl.  I'm sure he would've ended up to no good somehow, even if it wasn't exactly like this.  He also said he was tired of helping people and hearing them begging Hogback to save their loved ones, and that it wasn't challenging enough for him or something, which is another reason why he joined Moria.  Dude was fucked up.

yeah i agree he was pretty messed up....disappointed we didn't get to hear Perona and absalom's backstories during thriller bark

i can't imagine them being too normal either i mean they ended up working for Gecko Moria....a guy who lived to make people suffer and watch them desperately try to get their shadows back

most one piece villains are complete dicks anyways....so no surprise

yeah i agree he was pretty messed up....disappointed we didn't get to hear Perona and absalom's backstories during thriller bark

i can't imagine them being too normal either i mean they ended up working for Gecko Moria....a guy who lived to make people suffer and watch them desperately try to get their shadows back

most one piece villains are complete dicks anyways....so no surprise

Perona apprantly joined because she was bored.

But she was also young when she joined, so I think Moria might have saved her or something and she decided to go with him. She seems indebted to him so there's gotta be more to it.