UnevenEdge

One Piece Episode 381 Discussion Thread, Thriller Bark Finale

The Strawhats don't care. They just beat em up to get them outta their way and thats it.

I dunno they definitely have bloodlust in some cases.  You saw how they went after the Franky Family.  Which, this is something I do give the show credit for, even for all the light-hearted, largely positive nature of things, it doesn't do the whole REVENGE IS BAD AND CAN ONLY LEAD TO YOUR OWN SELF-DESTRUCTION BLAH BLAH BLAH bullshit.  Fairy Tail didn't do that either, which I liked.

Also, if you don't put someone down for good, they can come back to cause problems for you in the future, or harm someone else.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm just saying, it might be Oda's code, but the StrawHats themselves don't really have a code. Luffy just wants to beat someone up and he mainly punches so typically you won't die from that. But it's not like he's got some moral code like batman or something.

Not to mention, while the like helping out a friend, they're not really the type to go 'saving the world from evil dooers'. 

the hell is this?..Batman

We Just Send Everyone to arkham asylum and hope they don't become a pain in the ass later

Abasalom was a pervert

Hogback was a lunatic operating on corpses

Moria was practically a demon

and While Perona was just as crazy i gotta admit she was kinda cool just for being a weird creepy ghost princess(plus i love using her in OP Burning Blood)

still i agree Oda never kills any of the villains(most of the time)and it's like the strawhats have a no kill policy we never hear about...they don't make sure these guys are dead  they just forget about them after the fight

they didn't even notice gecko moria's body was gone...nobody thought it was strange that a dude that size would just up and vanish after getting his ass severely kicked

Perona was cute, man.  Love her.  I think she's more redeemable than the others.  Especially if she joined Moria at a young age and she felt indebted to him or whatever.

The only guy I remember them killing "recently" was when Zoro killed that metal sword dude.  And he did kill that samurai... though he was already dead.  Zoro is the one I see the least likely to grant mercy.  I mean, he pretty much gets off on fighting and killing people.

But yeah, it's not satisfying for a villain that's defeated to just live and fight another day.  You mentioned Batman, and again, they're not supposed to have a no-kill rule, and we can chuckle about how One Piece will never end, but it's not like American comic series that literally will never end; there's no reason to preserve these villains for future story arcs.  They're done.  Kill them or at least lock 'em up somewhere.  It's annoying.  I mean, Eneru... fucking Eneru man... after all that shit he did... and he gets to live on the moon?  What the fuck kind of result is that?  The least that should've happened is he died going mad with that ship that ended up burning up in the atmosphere or crashing, or he asphyxiates in the vacuum of space or some shit.  *SIGH* At least I can take solace in the fact that the scene showing Kuro later on apparently wasn't in the manga.

Well, I'm just saying, it might be Oda's code, but the StrawHats themselves don't really have a code. Luffy just wants to beat someone up and he mainly punches so typically you won't die from that. But it's not like he's got some moral code like batman or something.

Not to mention, while the like helping out a friend, they're not really the type to go 'saving the world from evil dooers'.

You can beat someone to death.  It's quite possible.  And the way he's left some people... damn.  And I don't know how the hell anyone survives some of these fights with Zoro, not just because of his personality and bloodlust, but because of the attacks he uses, oh, and he uses FUCKING SWORDS.  It's a dumb code if Oda does have such a code.

Well no, but they do help people if they happen to show up somewhere just as the shit is about to hit the fan and people are in peril (which happens almost every arc), so going by that logic, it doesn't make much sense to just beat them up and leave, when said villain could return and undo everything they did to help those people.  Doesn't sound like something that would be in character for them, either.

You can beat someone to death.  It's quite possible.  And the way he's left some people... damn.  And I don't know how the hell anyone survives some of these fights with Zoro, not just because of his personality and bloodlust, but because of the attacks he uses, oh, and he uses FUCKING SWORDS.  It's a dumb code if Oda does have such a code.

Well no, but they do help people if they happen to show up somewhere just as the shit is about to hit the fan and people are in peril (which happens almost every arc), so going by that logic, it doesn't make much sense to just beat them up and leave, when said villain could return and undo everything they did to help those people.  Doesn't sound like something that would be in character for them, either.

Zoro has killed, but mostly nameless grunts.

Well, like I said, Luffy just wants to beat them up. If they die, they die but if they don't... they don't. He's not holding back from fear of killing them. But he's not going to take a knife and slit they're throats either. He just wants them out of his way and by defeating them he feels they're done for.

Perona was cute, man.  Love her.  I think she's more redeemable than the others.  Especially if she joined Moria at a young age and she felt indebted to him or whatever.

The only guy I remember them killing "recently" was when Zoro killed that metal sword dude.  And he did kill that samurai... though he was already dead.  Zoro is the one I see the least likely to grant mercy.  I mean, he pretty much gets off on fighting and killing people.

But yeah, it's not satisfying for a villain that's defeated to just live and fight another day.  You mentioned Batman, and again, they're not supposed to have a no-kill rule, and we can chuckle about how One Piece will never end, but it's not like American comic series that literally will never end; there's no reason to preserve these villains for future story arcs.  They're done.  Kill them or at least lock 'em up somewhere.  It's annoying.  I mean, Eneru... fucking Eneru man... after all that shit he did... and he gets to live on the moon?  What the fuck kind of result is that?  The least that should've happened is he died going mad with that ship that ended up burning up in the atmosphere or crashing, or he asphyxiates in the vacuum of space or some shit.  *SIGH* At least I can take solace in the fact that the scene showing Kuro later on apparently wasn't in the manga.

especially since ya know...guys like gecko moria shouldn't live i mean that guy is scary as hell and had been tormenting innocent people for years watching them suffer on his spooky graveyard ship

Zoro has killed, but mostly nameless grunts.

Well, like I said, Luffy just wants to beat them up. If they die, they die but if they don't... they don't. He's not holding back from fear of killing them. But he's not going to take a knife and slit they're throats either. He just wants them out of his way and by defeating them he feels they're done for.

He killed that metal dude at least.

So... he doesn't care if they immediately return and undo all the progress the Straw Hats made in said arc.  Okay, then.  That's retarded.

especially since ya know...guys like gecko moria shouldn't live i mean that guy is scary as hell and had been tormenting innocent people for years watching them suffer on his spooky graveyard ship

Yeah, but see, Luffy didn't care about that. He just wanted his crew's shadows back.

Yeah, but see, Luffy didn't care about that. He just wanted his crew's shadows back.

yeah and not killing someone like that means maybe sooner or later(if ever)they will get pissed and seek revenge

after surviving spooky ghost island You'd think you would make sure not to repeat that hellhole incident again

He killed that metal dude at least.

So... he doesn't care if they immediately return and undo all the progress the Straw Hats made in said arc.  Okay, then.  That's retarded.

It's Luffy. Simple minded. He feels they're done if he beats them up. That's all there is to it.

Do you really expect Luffy to think things thogugh that he HAS to kill them to stop the threat? That's a bit too dark for Luffy, don't you think?

yeah and not killing someone like that means maybe sooner or later(if ever)they will get pissed and seek revenge

after surviving spooky ghost island You'd think you would make sure not to repeat that hellhole incident again

He probably just feels if such a thing happens that he'll just beat them up again. Luffy doesn't really hold grudges or regrets. he beats them up to get them out of his way currently and then moves on. He doesn't consider himself a hero or anything. Or someone that has to serve justice. Most of the time he fights an enemy is for the sake of a friend or because they're in his way. Yeah, most times it helps out MORE than just themselves or that friend... but that's not his goal. That's honestly just a bonus.

I dunno they definitely have bloodlust in some cases.  You saw how they went after the Franky Family.  Which, this is something I do give the show credit for, even for all the light-hearted, largely positive nature of things, it doesn't do the whole REVENGE IS BAD AND CAN ONLY LEAD TO YOUR OWN SELF-DESTRUCTION BLAH BLAH BLAH bullshit.  Fairy Tail didn't do that either, which I liked.

Also, if you don't put someone down for good, they can come back to cause problems for you in the future, or harm someone else.

Or you can change their heart and mind and you won't have to worry about them anymore, like what happened with Vegeta!

I wouldn't say that since he clearly cared about those people and vowed to help them.  Hell, was doing to do it just to help Brook at first.  And there's been plenty of other times where the Straw Hats intervened when the didn't have to.  I mean you must not have been watching the whole show if you think Luffy doesn't care about these people in these different places they visit.  Same goes for the rest of the Straw Hats.

It's Luffy. Simple minded. He feels they're done if he beats them up. That's all there is to it.

Do you really expect Luffy to think things thogugh that he HAS to kill them to stop the threat? That's a bit too dark for Luffy, don't you think?

I'm sure, but like you said, it's not like he's holding back to stop himself from killing them, either, and he probably wouldn't care if they died or feel bad about it.  And sometimes, when it comes to protecting someone you care about and/or yourself, you have no choice but to kill the person.  You know, self-defense, as it were.

He probably just feels if such a thing happens that he'll just beat them up again. Luffy doesn't really hold grudges or regrets. he beats them up to get them out of his way currently and then moves on. He doesn't consider himself a hero or anything. Or someone that has to serve justice. Most of the time he fights an enemy is for the sake of a friend or because they're in his way. Yeah, most times it helps out MORE than just themselves or that friend... but that's not his goal. That's honestly just a bonus.

Again, not sure what you have been watching.  Luffy and the others have definitely set out to do things to help others, in ways that wouldn't necessarily benefit themselves.  I mean, Eneru is a pretty prime example of this.  Not sure about grudges because again he attacks people who hurt his friends.  This can be after the fact, after he's already saved them.  So I wouldn't really say it's not a goal.  You're making it out like Luffy is a sociopath to anyone who isn't on his crew, which is ridiculous.  I mean, Luffy's IRL friends list must be in the Guinness Book of Records!  And again, what's to stop the enemy you don't kill from returning and visiting even worse pain on the people you left behind and helped.  Many of the arcs' villains could in theory do this very thing, or at least do it to someone else.  It makes everything you did pointless.  Crocodile was at least thrown in jail.  Arlong died or maybe got arrested after they left.  Kuro hopefully dead.  But after a certain point they all get off scot free.  It's fucking retarded.  What kind of story is it where your villain gets no punishment and is free to wreak havoc as soon as they get finished licking their wounds?

Or you can change their heart and mind and you won't have to worry about them anymore, like what happened with Vegeta!

I just imagine a situation on One Piece where Gecko Moria's heart is changed and he becomes a loveable member of the crew in a Vegeta like move.

his once evil laughter is often heard during meal time on The Thousand Sunny 

Again, not sure what you have been watching.  Luffy and the others have definitely set out to do things to help others, in ways that wouldn't necessarily benefit themselves.  I mean, Eneru is a pretty prime example of this.  Not sure about grudges because again he attacks people who hurt his friends.  This can be after the fact, after he's already saved them.  So I wouldn't really say it's not a goal.  You're making it out like Luffy is a sociopath to anyone who isn't on his crew, which is ridiculous.  I mean, Luffy's IRL friends list must be in the Guinness Book of Records!  And again, what's to stop the enemy you don't kill from returning and visiting even worse pain on the people you left behind and helped.  Many of the arcs' villains could in theory do this very thing, or at least do it to someone else.  It makes everything you did pointless.  Crocodile was at least thrown in jail.  Arlong died or maybe got arrested after they left.  Kuro hopefully dead.  But after a certain point they all get off scot free.  It's fucking retarded.  What kind of story is it where your villain gets no punishment and is free to wreak havoc as soon as they get finished licking their wounds?

He beat up Eneru because he was in the way of letting him ring the Golden Bell, which is what he wanted to do to confirm to Cricket that the Sky island does exist. That was his main goal. Not to save Skypiea. He beat Crocodile because he wanted to help Vivi and Toto. That was his main goal. He beat Lucci to get back Robin. He beat Moria to get Brook and his crews shadows back (yes, the other people asked for his help, but he was already going to fight Moria for Brook regardless, as Zoro confirmed saving their shadows was just a 'bonus'). Yes, all these acts ultimately helped out in the bigger picture, but Luffy never set out to 'save the land from oppression'. He never says "I must beat them so I can serve justice and help all these people across the land", even though it ends up being that way anyway.  I think you're not reading into Luffy's character enough. Every enemy he's faced, is only because they're either in his way or they're harming someone he likes. He never has a "I have to save the world" mentality. Ever.

You seem to be really nitpicky with OP lately. Tell me, how many times has Goku allowed an enemy to leave. Do you ever get on his case for that? To this level? And Goku is much more of a justice warrior than Luffy. Oh and how about Natsu... not like he ever kills his enemies, either. He's basically Luffy with fire. You gotta remember, this is a children's comic book. They're not going to depict the hero wanting to outright 'kill' the enemy. Do I wish there was more death in OP? Perhaps. But not in the way you seem to want. Point being, you're this far into the series so you might as well get used to it. Dislike it if you want, but it's pointless to make a big deal about it like you're currently doing . Again there are other series with far grater problems that you conveniently disregard, but when it comes to OP - WHOO BOY, you sure are critical M I RITE? Where's your fine-tooth comb when you're watching DBZ or Fairy Tail or Bleach? Nowhere to be found.

I just imagine a situation on One Piece where Gecko Moria's heart is changed and he becomes a loveable member of the crew in a Vegeta like move.

if gecko moria becomes a hero i will facepalm...because that is the biggest wtf move by oda if that were to happen

he's pure evil

Yeah, I don't see that happening with Moria and Hogback, lol.

Hogback yeah no way in hell....

Moria Yeah Not a chance but I'd say more of a chance than hogback because well...he managed to somehow keep his minions loyals to him(not one word about trying to stab him in his back or being irritated by him like CP9 were at Spandam)

He beat up Eneru because he was in the way of letting him ring the Golden Bell, which is what he wanted to do to confirm to Cricket that the Sky island does exist. That was his main goal. Not to save Skypiea. He beat Crocodile because he wanted to help Vivi and Toto. That was his main goal. He beat Lucci to get back Robin. He beat Moria to get Brook and his crews shadows back (yes, the other people asked for his help, but he was already going to fight Moria for Brook regardless, as Zoro confirmed saving their shadows was just a 'bonus'). Yes, all these acts ultimately helped out in the bigger picture, but Luffy never set out to 'save the land from oppression'. He never says "I must beat them so I can serve justice and help all these people across the land", even though it ends up being that way anyway.  I think you're not reading into Luffy's character enough. Every enemy he's faced, is only because they're either in his way or they're harming someone he likes. He never has a "I have to save the world" mentality. Ever.

You seem to be really nitpicky with OP lately. Tell me, how many times has Goku allowed an enemy to leave. Do you ever get on his case for that? To this level? And Goku is much more of a justice warrior than Luffy. You gotta remember, this is a children's comic book. They're not going to depict the hero wanting to outright 'kill' the enemy. Do I wish there was more death in OP? Perhaps. But not in the way you seem to want. Point being, you're this far into the series so you might as well get used to it. Dislike it if you want, but it's pointless to make a big deal about it like you're currently doing .

When he ends up making friends with literally everyone and then doing things on their behalf, it pretty much ends up being that, by default.  It's not a save the world mentality, but when you're helping and saving that many people, you pretty much are.  You're going through serious mental gymnastics here to try to say Luffy would only help a select few people, when we know that isn't the case.  I mean, anyone who seems like a genuinely decent person he will befriend.  And I never said he sought out to do these things; they kind of fall into his lap.  But if it's in front of him, he's not going to turn away someone in need or tell them to go fuck themselves.

This has been a pet peeve of mine all along.  So it makes sense it would come up again when the arc's villains get off scot free, which happened just recently, and we are also reflecting on the arc in general now that it's ended.  This happened the first time with Eneru and I was fucking livid.  When Goku was a kid, he straight up killed people.  He gave no shits.  One of my major criticisms of his character as an adult is his stupid merciful bullshit, which annoys me to no end.  There's not really any explanation for why Goku changes his policy on this after he grows up, either.  Well, maybe Chichi took away his balls.  Makes as much sense as anything else.  Or the kind-hearted and naive nature of his childhood extended to the point where he would be aware of what he was doing and stop himself from killing his enemies.  Did he grow up or mature somewhat in this way?  I mean, he destroyed an entire army as a child, him and Yajirobe fucking ate that one Piccolo henchman.  Difference between wanting and happening to kill.  I'm not sure Goku intended to kill all the people he did as a kid... well, maybe sometimes, but point is, he gave no shits. 

Not sure how I am going to get used to it if I haven't gotten used it by now.  I had been used to the earlier policy of the show where a villain would either die or be imprisoned, or, at the very least, if neither of these happened, we were allowed to think that COULD have happened, because we didn't have shit like "OH BY THE WAY ENERU IS LIVING ON THE MOON NOW."  So, I got used to things when they were being done properly, before Oda's abrupt reversal.  I mean, if you want to make it so it doesn't look like the hero is a psychopath or whatever, why do we need to see that character ever again after they've been beaten?  Let us think they died.  Let us think the World Government threw them in jail shortly after the Straw Hats left.  Let us think whatever.  But no, we find out these characters are still around, for some reason living mundane, mild-mannered lives, and not trying to start shit again, because... because.  It's stupid.  Like I said, if you don't want to have the killing thing, just leave it to our imaginations.  There's no reason to show them again.  I know Oda likes to save characters for later, but just because he can, doesn't mean he has to, especially not in every case, and especially not in cases where it makes the story worse and undoes the satisfaction of villains getting defeated.

Hogback yeah no way in hell....

Moria Yeah Not a chance but I'd say more of a chance than hogback because well...he managed to somehow keep his minions loyals to him(not one word about trying to stab him in his back or being irritated by him like CP9 were at Spandam)

Well, Perona did steal all his treasure and food and try to leave, but Moria probably wouldn't have given a shit, either. 

The thing I did like about these villains were how they were like Bizarro Straw Hats.  Moria lost against a powerful enemy because he was alone.  So he vowed to never fight alone again, and that's why he gathered these friends minions.  Then each of them had their reasons for being loyal to Moria which also worked in with what they wanted to do, they all had their own goals/dreams, and they all wanted to make Moria King of the Pirates.  :D

Holy shit I can see it now! :D

this one is just so confusing because Gecko Moria's shadows are gone and really Hogback and Absalom have no reason to stay loyal towards him

since he has nothing left to offer them with thriller bark toast

He'd have to have done something really great for them or saved their lives for them to honestly save his ass when he's at his weakest

Well, Perona did steal all his treasure and food and try to leave, but Moria probably wouldn't have given a shit, either. 

The thing I did like about these villains were how they were like Bizarro Straw Hats.  Moria lost against a powerful enemy because he was alone.  So he vowed to never fight alone again, and that's why he gathered these friends minions.  Then each of them had their reasons for being loyal to Moria which also worked in with what they wanted to do, they all had their own goals/dreams, and they all wanted to make Moria King of the Pirates.  :D

yeah it took until they crippled oars for Moria to start freaking out and going into rage mode

until then he gave no shits and seemed pretty chillax with everything....even when things didn't seem to be going his way he didn't get pissed

he even toyed around with luffy for awhile and was like "Oh Hey Sup?" when he tried to get his shadow back from him the first time

this one is just so confusing because Gecko Moria's shadows are gone and really Hogback and Absalom have no reason to stay loyal towards him

since he has nothing left to offer them with thriller bark toast

He'd have to have done something really great for them or saved their lives for them to honestly save his ass when he's at his weakest

Yeah, they joined up because of mutual benefit.  But now there's really nothing they can personally gain from helping Gecko Moria.  Do they feel gratitude towards him?  Do they... care about each other?

i try to...but it's impossible

Moria is insane  the day we see him as a hero(or anti-hero) is the day Oda's lost his mind

Oh it's extremely unlikely and would probably never happen, but I could see how it could be made to work.  Maybe.  Only problem is all the cruelty Moria was responsible for.  Yeah he seems pretty silly and has that look and that laugh, that chill personality you mentioned, but he's done some evil as fuck shit.  It would take a lot to redeem him, and probably wouldn't fit with his personality anyway.

Oh it's extremely unlikely and would probably never happen, but I could see how it could be made to work.  Maybe.  Only problem is all the cruelty Moria was responsible for.  Yeah he seems pretty silly and has that look and that laugh, that chill personality you mentioned, but he's done some evil as fuck shit.  It would take a lot to redeem him, and probably wouldn't fit with his personality anyway.

and apparently after the time skip....nobody knows where he is but reports of people seeing him keep popping up

also

he had apparently been the sole survivor of his crew and would later use his devil fruit powers to make a new zombie crew that would never have to suffer or feel pain again so....guilt maybe?

but hey as a comic book fan I've seen guys like magneto and loki become good guys so i guess anything's possible

I honestly think you should just drop OP since you seem to have more problems with it than anything else. I know I don't ever see you going this hard on the criticism for other series with far greater problems like Dragonball, Fairy Tail and Bleach.

And until that is acknowledged, your little tantrum about how One Piece does things is bias bullshit. If you accept with open arms the other series you like with the multitude of bullshit moments they have, then OP honestly shouldn't bat you an eye.

So people should accept the countless faults and stop being mean?

Didn't work for Batman v Superman at the Razzies, doesn't work here.

I'm just saying be fair and inspect all the shows with a fine tooth comb, not just One Piece. Story-wise, Dragonball has far more problems. Shows like  Bleach and Fairy Tail - they have far more problems than anything One Piece has. Naruto. Fucking Naruto. Did we forget about that one? By comparison, OP's sins are nothing.

Considering how many people have dismissed those shows outright, no.

You're just mad the critical eye has been turned towards a shoe you like.

I'm all for being critical as long as it doesn't seem  hypocritical. If you're accepting of the many faults from those shows, there really shouldn't be anything in OP to bother you. Because if there is (which is fine) then those other shows should also have problems arise automatically. But you can't choose to ignore those and consider them fine, but then highlights OP's problems. That's being selectively critical.

Like this whole vilians living to fight another day thing. Almost every shonen does this. Hell, some of them take irredeemable characters that should have died and make them turn good . It's not just a OP problem. So why is it ok when other series do it?

See? Hypocritical.

It isn't saying much, but of the popular shonen, OP is usually considered better than most of them when it comes to quality of the writing. Yeah that's not saying much, but it still is. It's only here where I see a couple people be more critical about it. But of course it's this negative forum, eh? Just doesn't make much sense when we have Super and Naruto airing on the same block, two series with way more shoddy writing than One Piece.

It's almost like something is making everyone really examine One Piece for all its faults, while the other series can sometimes be endearing enough that those quirks are looked past.

If you honestly believe Naruto, Bleach and FT are better written than OP, then already you lose all credibility.

Not everyone, just you and Ben. Both proven to be hypocrites.  Like I said, anywhere else, OP is usually considered the better written of the bunch.

Are you seriously standing here saying that OP is the worst of the worst? That's bullshit.

If you honestly believe Naruto, Bleach and FT are better written than OP, then already you lose all credibility.

Not everyone, just you and Ben. Both proven to be hypocrites.  Like I said, anywhere else, OP is usually considered the better written of the bunch.

Are you seriously standing here saying that OP is the worst of the worst? That's bullshit.

No, I'm saying that charm and endearment can make subpar shows look better than others while those shows are examined with the most critical of eyes because they lack any form of charm or class.  I wonder why that is. 

Remember, this is the same guy who said he hated Naruto because the ending rendered the entire central conflict of the series a shaggy dog story.

No, I'm saying that charm and endearment can make subpar shows look better than others while those shows are examined with the most critical of eyes because they lack any form of charm or class.  I wonder why that is. 

Remember, this is the same guy who said he hated Naruto because the ending rendered the entire central conflict of the series a shaggy dog story.

But see, again, this is just you and Ben. And really just you because Ben does like OP. So what you're saying doesn't make sense. OP has ton of charm. One of its biggest strengths.

To me, it has the opposite of charm.  And a lot of times, charm is not enough.  Charm didn't save Bleach, and it didn't save Naruto.  But HxH has no charm, and OP has the opposite of charm where seeing it drives me into a frothing rage.

I think a good example of charm in a show is say, The Flash, where you excuse goofier elements and character pining because everything is so high concept and fun.

To me, it has the opposite of charm.  And a lot of times, charm is not enough.  Charm didn't save Bleach, and it didn't save Naruto.  But HxH has no charm, and OP has the opposite of charm where seeing it drives me into a frothing rage.

I think a good example of charm in a show is say, The Flash, where you excuse goofier elements and character pining because everything is so high concept and fun.

So you really consider OP the worst of all the popular shonen ? That is bizzare. How can you see charm in Bleach, charm in Naruto, but not charm in One Piece. What the fuck is that shit, really?

Funny seeing how OP was your favorite one once upon a time. Makes it hard to understand how you got into it In the first place.

Fair enough though. Just stop championing your opinion as if its fact and stop hijacking threads dedicated to fans.

One of the memorable episodes of Thriller Bark.  Funimation dubbed Bink's Brew extremely well and it again gave me the feels.  I just wish the anime didn't host these sad, moving episodes in-between 40 more episodes of action and plot though- I know those are important too.