UnevenEdge

Well, that was a nice finale, although it didn't feel flashy enough. I actually didn't realize that SARA talked to TOM 6 about her plan to destroy the alien crew's ships in the prior episode and thought it was an ass pull when I saw it. Then said ships quietly imploded and their leader was unceremoniously knocked unconscious and ejected into the void. Between that and the yellow TOMs and Georgia sailing off into parts unknown, it was a little bittersweet. But hey, we got a new robot and a pretty new base to broadcast Malaysian cartoons from, so it's all good. This is the first time Toonami is being broadcast from a space station, which is something I saw Masquerade say they wanted a long time ago.

And on top of that, the new packaging looks very fine. Gaudy blues and purples for the win! I should buy a new T-shirt to complement the one with the 2017 look I have.

• Like 3

It did feel a bit routine and predictable. We got an explosion, but for some reason it didn't feel amazing. For a moment I thought the other yellow TOMs would be TOM's assistant when programming the Chinese cartoons, basically filling out the roles the Clydes had. But I must've missed the part where they were still on the ship when it exploded.

I didn't realize which one of those aliens this was because they already killed one of them didn't they? They all look the same and all have the same voice. So is this the main boss one?

How did Sara disable his gun?

How did she blow up those ships?

Did they eject him to his death or just marooned him?

So the Vindication is gone and I guess the new home of Toonami is this station.

That's a shame. It was a cool name and a cool station. And I guess we aren't seeing Orange Sherbert Sonny Strait voiced Tom ever again, or the worm Georgia.

But at least they didn't kill Tom off and replace him with the annoying Orange Sherbert Tom!

But is that planet below them inhabited? Are those city lights, or is it lava?

On 12/7/2019 at 10:19 PM, ben0119 said:

Haven't had a chance to watch the clip yet, but I remember reading a comic about the switch from Tom 2 to 3, which they never had total immersion event for.  I assume that's still canon.  Looks like this one is Tom 1 and not sure how it would conflict with what we are seeing here.

i hadn't seen this ever. very cool.

On 12/18/2019 at 9:41 AM, elfie said:

Are we certain Yellow TOM was Sonny Strait? I'm pretty sure that was also Steve Blum. If it was Sonny Strait, he would be tweeting about it, and it would be retweeted heavily.

I could have sworn it was Sonny Strait.  If there has been no indication from Toonami, Strait, or anyone else that it is, that is odd.  But a good impression of Strait's Tom by Steve Blum, if that was the intention.  But I don't know why they wouldn't just get Sonny Strait back.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, OwlChemist81 said:

WHY is this still floated?

Also, just in case you were wondering, Steve Blum came to Kami-con a few weekends ago, and told me he was also Yellow T.O.M. So there!

Oh, it is still floated, isn't it? :D

Oh, good to know!  Did he say if he was doing a Sonny Strait impression on purpose?