UnevenEdge

1 minute ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

yellow tom needs a name.

i like the designs a lot, but part of me wishes tht, if they were going to suggest that they have the same origins, the clone TOMs would be modeled after TOM 1 with the nuclear sign and the beer belly

Any vote entries for Yellow TOM's name?

This feels like a shark jumpy midi chlorian level reveal.

The ship is from the ancient evil empire?  We didn't really need to know where the ship came from.  But fine.

But Tom is just one of thousands of robots working for this empire?  That's hella lame.  And again, no one was asking "where did Tom come from."  But this is like the umpteenth body Tom has had??  Well, just have to remember these are the people who wrote IGPX...

9 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

This feels like a shark jumpy midi chlorian level reveal.

The ship is from the ancient evil empire?  We didn't really need to know where the ship came from.  But fine.

But Tom is just one of thousands of robots working for this empire?  That's hella lame.  And again, no one was asking "where did Tom come from."  But this is like the umpteenth body Tom has had??  Well, just have to remember these are the people who wrote IGPX...

... yeah after 2 decades of TOM, I find it awkward and just don't feel natural realizing we been following a rogue bad guy lacky. Maybe they'll go somewhere interesting with it.

Edited by elfie
  • Haha 1

There was a major overhaul in between TOM 3.5 and TOM 5.0 that was completely unexplained. So TOM 5.0 is actually one of these weird workers on the Vindication, and it's one of these new race's ships...

Kinda feel like a bit of red thread of fate here, but I'll go with it! Even if the backstory of TOM is a total coincidence with wherever the hell he just happened to end up post- Absolution, it IS engrossing!!!

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

On 11/17/2019 at 9:10 AM, elfie said:

Maybe that's just the backstory is THIS TOM, not any of the previous versions, which is much easier to swallow.  It reminds me of the backstory added in the remastered The Iron Giant rerelease, where he was built as a soldier meant to destroy planets.

the previous TIE's ended with us getting new TOM bodies

Spoiler

inb4 Yellow TOM is our new TOM