UnevenEdge

Beastars

stilgar

So, the first episode is out and I must say it was pretty good. I was nervous about the animation but it isn't that bad. A little stiff but watchable. The voice actors are pretty good and the music is fantastic. I can't wait to see even more. But I have a feeling that if this season is only 13 episodes long we might not get to find out who killed Tem. 

Also, I thought the sexual tension between Legosi and Louis was bad in the manga but you are gonna need a diamond tipped chainsaw to cut it in the anime.

louis, the master of farming brownie points. love it.

wasnt expecting the animation style (but i can deal), but i was hoping for this to be pleasantly different, and it is. 

this somehow reminds me of that Jinrui anime from 2012..ill be sticking around for this.

• 4 weeks later...

... I'm kinda annoyed that Haru, who is the second billed protagonist of the anime, is barely seen so far and we're already into episode 6. She's another student, but she isn't even included in any crowds or background shots! It's almost like they want us to consider her a figment of Legosi's imagination.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

9-10

Spoiler

So there's considerably more to the Dark Market than we were led to believe. I can say I certainly did not see Louis' backstory coming, and all the under-the-table stuff that involved. The mayor's blackmail was unexpected, since I thought Louis' "father" had seen to it that he was stricken from those books.

Haru's side of things was pretty harrowing, but I think this is an example of a rapey scene that's well-executed and makes an impact without being exploitative or, ugh, fan-servicey (cf. Blade of the Immortal's clumsy handling of such scenes). And I loved her fighting back and basically telling him to go fuck himself. Even if she needed rescuing (as did her rescuer himself), she kept her wits about her. All the more remarkable given that her overall lack of whimpering and begging is the last thing you'd expect from a bunny girl in anime.

this-fucking-episode..had-me rollinggg.

Spoiler

from the outside of the hotel, to the end of their intimate moment, i couldnt stop cracking up. legosi's reactions are great.

the ending was..interesting. a natural instinct to be prey, huh. how unfortunate and...strange.

you'd think it'd be to run away, which haru hasnt been doing a whole lot of when around him, as she managed to be pretty brave about concerning their interactions despite her slight fears/suspicions.

Edited by Hidden

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/20/2019 at 6:18 PM, elfie said:

.... how come Legosi and Haru are the only characters we see struggle to control their animal instincts? Are the other characters just normal and these two have a disorder?

Legosi literally beat the crap out of Bill for doping on rabbit blood, like a drug.

There was an elephant selling his own fingers.

There was a black market for selling herbivores meat.

Legosi and Haru are the only ones struggling to control it because most other people aren't fighting it. I'd argue Loius was fighting his instincts as well by aiming to become a predator.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...