UnevenEdge

Gen:LOCK Episode 8 "Identity Crisis" Season 1 (Series?) Finale Discussion

OwlChemist81

Rooster Teeth

Episode 8: Identity Crisis

Last time you remember, gen:LOCK 1 just got their Holons a SWEET upgrade, but will it be enough to take on and capture Nemesis, which judging from this video, apparently ALSO got one?

Let's get gen:LOCKed and loaded one last time...at least for now...

11:30 PM tomorrow night (9/21)--ONLY TOONAMI!!

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Cool.

Hopefully that "season finale" they still describe it as too ends up the case and they are indeed still trying to do more. Cause I'd like more!

Hell they continued RWBY without Monty Oum and those seasons are still great i hear.

Edited by elfie
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Cool.

Hopefully that "season finale" they still describe it as too ends up the case and they are indeed still trying to do more. Cause I'd like more!

But the series' creator got fired.  Apparently he kept asking for things to be redone all the time and was a pain to work for and blew a lot of money.  It seems unlikely that they would make more.

29 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

But the series' creator got fired.  Apparently he kept asking for things to be redone all the time and was a pain to work for and blew a lot of money.  It seems unlikely that they would make more.

Yeah, I read he was among those fired though I hadn't seen why until this potential project management news/complaints I just read.

Like elfie said though, losing the original creator hasn't necessarily stopped them, or other things, before. It's not like series are ultimately made by only one person once they get going even if they brought the original vision. I've got to assume they've got some kind of roadmap or series bible to work with for other people to potentially be able to continue it if there are still people there that want to take the series under their wing.

Not exactly sure but I wonder if maybe a decent amount of the cost for an all-CG show like this could possibly be somewhat front loaded with all that advanced modeling and rigging work already so far progressed for the main characters and main mechas (and some of the primary supporting characters and locations) which could make future seasons more cost manageable. Not to say that that would make it cheap or anything of course since they'd obviously need to continue improving these models so that they can keep doing more diverse actions and also need to build other new characters, new enemy mecha, and new locations, etc. of course.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

That and he apparently pulled something from the old playbook of Cannon Films, misleading investors by taking money from other projects and distributing to gen:Lock to make up for the budget shortfalls.  This is why, allegedly, the rank and file at Rooster Teeth don’t want to work on the show anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, I read he was among those fired though I hadn't seen why until this potential project management news/complaints I just read.

Like elfie said though, losing the original creator hasn't necessarily stopped them, or other things, before. It's not like series are ultimately made by only one person once they get going even if they brought the original vision. I've got to assume they've got some kind of roadmap or series bible to work with for other people to potentially be able to continue it if there are still people there that want to take the series under their wing.

Not exactly sure but I wonder if maybe a decent amount of the cost for an all-CG show like this could possibly be somewhat front loaded with all that advanced modeling and rigging work already so far progressed for the main characters and main mechas (and some of the primary supporting characters and locations) which could make future seasons more cost manageable. Not to say that that would make it cheap or anything of course since they'd obviously need to continue improving these models so that they can keep doing more diverse actions and also need to build other new characters, new enemy mecha, and new locations, etc. of course.

There is a whole thread about this, with two videos that are worth watching.  Or, if you don't want to watch them, the people who made the second video created a document that can be read of interviews with various Rooster Teeth people they talked to, talking about how horribly this Gray Haddock treated people and mismanaged the show.

I really don't see Gen:lock getting season 2, if the creator was a selfish egomaniac and abused his employees.  There's sure to be a stigma and bad memories attached to Gen:Lock within the company, so I can't see anyone wanting to work on it, even if they have the plans for the series and possible scripts etc.

You are right about costs associated with cgi series though.  That would definitely help.  I remember binging I think it was Transformers: Prime and seeing some assets being reused, like an old junked truck for background/scenery.

Edited by ben0119

25 minutes ago, Jman said:

The documents said that while publicly it was a resignation, privately WarnerMedia said “leave on your own or you’re going to be thrown out.”

It's like when a politician resigns to spend more time with their family.

You know they resigned cuz they dun fucked up.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, elfie said:

Buddy that's pretty low of you to say that. Yes, bad art exists and people point them out, but the least you can do is suggest ways of how to improve it.

Maybe a little harsh, but I don't care for the art style at all.  It doesn't look anything like Cammie.

22 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Cool.

while it's possible Toonami is funding future seasons....I dunno that we can make that assumption

• Like 2