UnevenEdge

Can lightning really strike a sewer pipe and electroblast you off the toilet?

Poof

1 minute ago, empty said:

When I learned you can be killed if in the shower while lightning strikes your house I stopped taking showers during thunderstorms unless absolutely necessary.

I'm wearing a wired headset rn. Let's scramble me like an egg

2 hours ago, empty said:

You can always suffer a concussion.

I hit a car with my face when I was thirteen, that was pretty radical.

I hit a cement floor with my forehead from five feet up when I was four, it was pretty radical for sure.  I mean, the projectile vomiting that followed wasn't...so I've been told.

3 hours ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

You would need superconductive pipes, and a way more conductive toilet than the traditional porcelain one. 

So titanium-niobium EVERYTHING all rigged to one of those old fashioned grounding rods they used to put in houses...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vela said:

So titanium-niobium EVERYTHING all rigged to one of those old fashioned grounding rods they used to put in houses...

Honestly in areas with really frequent thunderstorms lightning strikes can cause deterioration/holes along buried copper piping I've heard. I'm pretty sure you'd have to really try for that extra push a good lightning bolt could give you in the bathroom though. xD

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

4 minutes ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

Honestly in areas with really frequent thunderstorms lightning strikes can cause deterioration/holes along buried copper piping I've heard. I'm pretty sure you'd have to really try for that extra push a good lightning bolt could give you in the bathroom though. xD

Gahaha! push