UnevenEdge

I fractured my middle finger

Vela

It's not an exciting story (I fell over and caught it in something).

But the splint makes eating dip off of chips in front of strangers goofy and awkward.

Why not just use my other hand you ask?  Because apparently I can't scoop for shit with my left hand!  It's hard to say which hand made me look more inept!  At one point I looked down at my guacamole covered splint, yelled "shoulda just used it as a shovel!!!" and stalked off to the faucet.

I'm typically a neat eater.

Also I can only assume it wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have hands the size of a child's as the nice lady at Urgent Care came in with the brace saying, "we have a nicer splint but I'm afraid it'll go too far passed the base of your finger".  It's my middle finger!  My longest finger!!!

So this is either a child's brace or, Idk...a grown-ups pinky brace 😶

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Poof said:

I love injuring my middle finger. Quite fun isn't it?

This is a reoccurring incident for you?  Is it an intentional endeavor of yours?

I think I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you on this one.  It was kinda painful and it made a gross cracking noise when it happened.  I mean it's not so terrible now and my retelling of how it happened when people ask has improved but the splint makes certain things annoyingly impossible to do so that I wind up taking it off half the time.  Things like the dishes...or typing >.> which just becomes mildly painful again.

I guess it depends on how badly you've injure it?  And which hand it's on.  I've only ever fractured one other thing before, never completely broken anything.  But please, do tell about your experiences.  I'm very interested.

13 hours ago, Cancer said:

Erm... yes

Oh, I almost forgot.  Sorry, something important came up earlier. (I ttly went downstairs for baby dills and got completely side-tracked.)

But here...

I give you the American 

UE4.jpg.0d9eda961c1e1861a697c42ae6bee231.jpg

AND the British version

UE5.jpg.05f8a55ca1a9da0cd1b5916686ef2f41.jpg

And look...I'll even put YOU in the post.

UE1.jpg.0e3be53830fe991d691b1742827370c2.jpg

Also...and I'm so very sorry for this but my hand wants what it wants...and it doesn't give fuck about what our ears and eyes want...

7 minutes ago, Vela said:

Oh, I almost forgot.  Sorry, something important came up earlier. (I ttly went downstairs for baby dills and got completely side-tracked.)

But here...

I give you the American 

AND the British version

Also...and I'm so very sorry for this but my hand wants what it wants...and it doesn't give fuck about what our ears and eyes want...

Now that looks like loads of fun

12 minutes ago, Vela said:

But here...

I give you the American 

AND the British version

They attached a vape pen to your finger? These millennials have gone TOO far!

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Vela said:

This is a reoccurring incident for you?  Is it an intentional endeavor of yours?

I think I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you on this one.  It was kinda painful and it made a gross cracking noise when it happened.  I mean it's not so terrible now and my retelling of how it happened when people ask has improved but the splint makes certain things annoyingly impossible to do so that I wind up taking it off half the time.  Things like the dishes...or typing >.> which just becomes mildly painful again.

I guess it depends on how badly you've injure it?  And which hand it's on.  I've only ever fractured one other thing before, never completely broken anything.  But please, do tell about your experiences.  I'm very interested.

https://unevenedge.com/topic/29029-ouchie-help-what-do/

not recurring, not a break, but I had it wrapped in bandage and medical tape so I couldn't bend it. it was like a splint.  It was my right hand, and I am right handed. it was just fun to have my middle finger out all the time.

I've been injured a lot.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 𝙍𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚𝘼𝙡𝙥𝙝𝙤𝙣𝙨𝙚 said:

Now that looks like loads of fun

You mean dancing around to the Bird's the Word?  Oddly it is.  WAY more fun than watching a fictitious character doing it...yes.

6 minutes ago, Cancer said:

They attached a vape pen to your finger? These millennials have gone TOO far!

They make vape pens for children now?!  They HAVE gone too far!

No srsly tho.  Think that thing's for a kid or is it an adults' pinky brace?  I've got unusually small fingers, don't I.  Maybe I should post a pic of my hand with some sort of reference...

12 minutes ago, Poof said:

https://unevenedge.com/topic/29029-ouchie-help-what-do/

not recurring, not a break, but I had it wrapped in bandage and medical tape so I couldn't bend it. it was like a splint.  It was my right hand, and I am right handed. it was just fun to have my middle finger out all the time.

I've been injured a lot.

I have gone.  I have seen.  WTFlady!!!  WTF PROGRESSO SOUP!!! Oh my gawd I will never approach a soup can so nonchalant ever EVER again! Nope NOPE! Mm!!! THATwasameancan!!!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vela said:

I have gone.  I have seen.  WTFlady!!!  WTF PROGRESSO SOUP!!! Oh my gawd I will never approach a soup can so nonchalant ever EVER again! Nope NOPE! Mm!!! THATwasameancan!!!!!

I open them with silverware now. I have a method.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Pic is broken.

But I too know what it's like to have tiny hands. Except I'm a dude, so it's far more embarrassing for me. :|

Fixed, I think...I mean, looks like it did when I posted the first time so we'll see.

Oh yeah?  TINY HAND HIGH FIVE!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

get well soon/postcard

Hah!  Thank you 😊

And "Hi!" ::waves:: How we doin today?

Can't be that bad of a fracture, they told me to keep the thing on for only two weeks.  Or is that normal for fractures, Idk.

2 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Nah, your hand doesn't look all that small.  I mean, they would probably be small on me, but they look about right for you.

🤪 I just had a few funny and not so funny images of different hand transplants run through my head.

okaygoodproportionateisgood thank you ^.^

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vela said:

Okay people, what do you think.?  Average or tiny carny hands? 

UE2.jpg.70258d13dbf554cbf9b8540981184b98.jpg My mouse for reference.

Looks like the size of my hand, lol. I can't compare mine to a mouse without getting up, I don't use mice, I (almost) never use mice, laptop touchpad all the way (and before that, while they still existed, the "eraser head").

10 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Looks like the size of my hand, lol. I can't compare mine to a mouse without getting up, I don't use mice, I (almost) never use mice, laptop touchpad all the way (and before that, while they still existed, the "eraser head").

David Lynch?!?!

No don't get up...I'm sure you can visualize the length of a pen in your hand...cause I took one of those too ::isdork::

UE3.jpg.ae6c6a84ca5f8e8d406ebd083506bb99.jpg

Yeah for some reason I really need to know if we have the same size hands.  I MUST KNOW!!!

4 minutes ago, Vela said:

David Lynch?!?!

No don't get up...I'm sure you can visualize the length of a pen in your hand...cause I took one of those too ::isdork::

UE3.jpg.ae6c6a84ca5f8e8d406ebd083506bb99.jpg

Yeah for some reason I really need to know if we have the same size hands.  I MUST KNOW!!!

You remember that episode of Friends where Joey randomly finds his "identical hand twin" in a public restroom?

Well, WE'RE IDENTICAL HAND TWINS! 

Seriously, my hands are like the same exact size, lol. 

And if you have tiny hands for a woman.... just imagine me... a man.... :D

2 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

You remember that episode of Friends where Joey randomly finds his "identical hand twin" in a public restroom?

Well, WE'RE IDENTICAL HAND TWINS! 

Seriously, my hands are like the same exact size, lol. 

And if you have tiny hands for a woman.... just imagine me... a man.... :D

Omfg yes I remember!  Ahahahahah! I really want this to be real for some reason! 😆

And I am imagining you as a man.  Or I guess I'm imagining me as a man now...

yeah still okay with that.

Now to tracking you down and carefully drugging you just enough to keep you complacent and still able to play Numbers with me...::rubs hands tgthr::

2 minutes ago, Vela said:

Omfg yes I remember!  Ahahahahah! I really want this to be real for some reason! 😆

And I am imagining you as a man.  Or I guess I'm imagining me as a man now...

yeah still okay with that.

Now to tracking you down and carefully drugging you just enough to keep you complacent and still able to play Numbers with me...::rubs hands tgthr::

Wait, you're imagining me as a man? I AM a man! And you don't have to imagine, there's pics of me in the pic thread floated at the top. :P I don't think my hands are showing though.

What's Numbers?

2 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Wait, you're imagining me as a man? I AM a man! And you don't have to imagine, there's pics of me in the pic thread floated at the top. :P I don't think my hands are showing though.

What's Numbers?

lawl 😆  I meant I was picturing you but this time in your proper stature.  Which then made me imagine myself as a man...again. 

It's like a patty-cake game and if you're good at it it's almost like your hands never leave the others' hands ::slips sedatives into paper sleeve then tucks said sleeve behind bra-strap::

1 minute ago, Vela said:

lawl 😆  I meant I was picturing you but this time in your proper stature.  Which then made me imagine myself as a man...again. 

It's like a patty-cake game and if you're good at it it's almost like your hands never leave the others' hands ::slips sedatives into paper sleeve then tucks said sleeve behind bra-strap::

When you were describing Numbers my eyes started glossing over then "bra-strap" got my attention again. :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

When you were describing Numbers my eyes started glossing over then "bra-strap" got my attention again. :ph34r:

Oh..this might be way easier than I thought then 🐱‍👤

• Confused 1

Just now, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Top video: wut?

Bottom video: I'm not normally a fan of wild hair colors, but she makes it work. She's beautiful. Those eyes! Could be the make up though, I guess.

Top video was for me don't worry.

Soooo pretty. I mean I'm mostly certain they're colored contacts but the combo is lovely.  And her minimal expressions are adorable.  

On I side note I've been listening to this and laughing intermittently while I post for about 10 min. now. 😄  The squeaky noises really get me for some reason.🙃

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, helpme said:

Well now you can flip people off and not feel bad 

Constantly, basically whenever I use my right hand for anything.

Omgosh thank you for getting me back on topic.  I so easily get distracted xD

3 hours ago, Vela said:

Hah!  Thank you 😊

And "Hi!" ::waves:: How we doin today?

Can't be that bad of a fracture, they told me to keep the thing on for only two weeks.  Or is that normal for fractures, Idk.

been a bit busy but going well for the most part. i got all my fingers in good shape so i cant complain.

i hope your work dont require much the use of the middle finger, unless it is your job to flip of people off.

4 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

been a bit busy but going well for the most part. i got all my fingers in good shape so i cant complain.

i hope your work dont require much the use of the middle finger, unless it is your job to flip of people off.

That's nice to hear.  Busy is good if it's the good kind of busy 😄

Nah, just need it for everyday stuff.  I'd like to say I can flip people off like a boss.  But in actuality I've always thought and felt it a little too crude for my style.

31 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

nah im not that lucky xD

but seriously, i bet you becoming more dexterous at using your other fingers. 

Oh noez!  Life. ::pets your head::

That's the thing, I thought I already used my left hand for a lot of stuff.  I read somewhere when I was like, 10, that using both hands helped stimulate both sides of the brain, which my be a crock of bull Idk...but I've been mindful of it ever since.

Thought I was decent with my left hand...'til I tried eating dip 😶

But maybe that experience had more to do with being impatient and hungry than my ineptitude...and maybe it was because I was sitting crotch level by a bunch of strangers at the time because there were no seats left and despite being successful at small talk that night I still don't like being watched when I eat or making messes when I eat...maybe possibly >.>