UnevenEdge

Is it bad to give ice cubes to puppies?

mthor

31 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I mean, it's just water. And I'm sure they chew on much worse.

I don't know if puppies are like human babies and don't have any teeth when born. :|

That's what I figured, but the last time I had a dog was back when it was still ok to give them chocolate. They apparently changed the rules.

They're about 4 months old, so they have baby teeth. I don't know if they're born with them either.

19 minutes ago, mthor said:

That's what I figured, but the last time I had a dog was back when it was still ok to give them chocolate. They apparently changed the rules.

They're about 4 months old, so they have baby teeth. I don't know if they're born with them either.

But ice is literally just water, and I know you know water is good for dogs (and all life, period).

Puppies and kitties love ice and it doesn't really hurt them. You just have to watch out for puddles later. :D

I prefer to toss ice cubes in Rak-rak's water bowl whenever it's freakishly hot out though. She gets to play with them and I don't have to step in them later. The tub is a second choice.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, little_girl_lost said:

i used to give my cats ice cubes, they bat them around the floor and corner them and lick em

kept them entertained for about an hour

What kind of super ice are you using that can stay frozen on the floor for an hour?