UnevenEdge

the Creepiest thing in Sailor moon

mochi

They probably got tripped up when they were told "draw big eyes" and wanted to take it one step further

I think it's more that Naoko Takeuchi can't draw children so she just draws all female characters with more or less the same body

latest?cb=20131030003910

interesting funny factoid

the 90's anime removed her breasts too.....at first

sailor_moon_r_episode_81_momoko_and_kyuusuke.jpg

then added them back in later....after she was presumably a few years older

latest?cb=20140424193936

which while still weird....is less weird than her being a toddler with boobs

Never understood the appeal of Sailor Moon.

I mean, I could see it being popular just like how Barbie, or Strawberry Shortcake or anything that is devoted to little girls would be, but the series has a very big adult unisex following and I'm baffled as to why.

I think most of it is because it came out and the right place at the right time.

If the same exact concept would come out nowadays, it wouldn't have been nearly  as popular.

Never understood the appeal of Sailor Moon.

I mean, I could see it being popular just like how Barbie, or Strawberry Shortcake or anything that is devoted to little girls would be, but the series has a very big adult unisex following and I'm baffled as to why.

I think most of it is because it came out and the right place at the right time.

If the same exact concept would come out nowadays, it wouldn't have been nearly  as popular.

Exact same concept came out a few years ago in Crystal seasons.

Hulu scores them regularly in the top programming, even outdoing heavy hitters like WWE.

There is a very, VERY bizarre charm to the series and the characters to the point where there are actually thinkpieces on the subject.

(JMan defending Sailor Moon.  Crazy I know).

Exact same concept came out a few years ago in Crystal seasons.

Hulu scores them regularly in the top programming, even outdoing heavy hitters like WWE.

There is a very, VERY bizarre charm to the series and the characters to the point where there are actually thinkpieces on the subject.

(JMan defending Sailor Moon.  Crazy I know).

you realize of course that this is the exact reason I like Sailor moon right?

it's weird and Campy, and I find it charming for those reasons

I don't take Sailor Moon seriously, I don't think ANY of it's fans take it dead seriously