UnevenEdge

scariest movie?

Phillies

• 1 month later...

Hmm... this is tough, since most don't scare me. This is all that comes to mind, right now.

The Gremlins franchise. They are so hideous (mainly their eyes), that they're frightening to stair at. Ever see something/someone so hideous that you scream?

The original IT from 1990. The spiders freaked me out. Speaking of spiders, does Arachnophobia count?

Just about anything with spiders. This can most definitely be said for that Spider Gremlin named Mohawk in Gremlins 2: The New Batch.

Edited by PurgatoryGirl

7 hours ago, Phillies said:

IT was ok. Kind of low budget/cheesy but i think the movie still holds up.

I didn't read the book so I remain confused as to what the spider thing is ( I thought "it" was a demon)

For nearly 30 years, Tim Curry's portrayal of Pennywise The Clown has been the primary source of many people having coulrophobia.

Even though there have always been people with a fear of clowns, most are quick to say that Curry's portrayal traumatized them.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess you can add Chucky and his wife, Tiffany from the Child's Play franchise to the list.

Like Gremlins, their hideousness is what makes them scary.

It sucks that I didn't have enough birthday money years ago to buy those Bride Of Chucky dolls from Spencer's.

Those dolls would've been perfect for scaring my roommates, their boyfriends, and friends out our dorm rooms and apartments.

Edited by PurgatoryGirl

• 10 months later...

I can't really say I've seen a horror movie that did anything to frighten me on the long term.

The Matrix was a serious mindfuck for me when I was 10, though. It raised questions about reality and existence that I never considered, and it affected me for months.

Edited by Gyaos