UnevenEdge

Could *Insert shitty show here* be headed to Toonami?

OwlChemist81

40 minutes ago, elfie said:

... I ... don't think I heard of this anime.

They actually showed it on TV, on the network that took over after the Funimation channel ended. It went from Ping Pong and Fairy Tail to.... fucking your twin sister.

11 hours ago, Daos said:

Could "When Supernatural battles became commonplace" be coming to Toonami???

It has like ONE amazing scene. Otherwise, it's one of the anime I dropped shortly into it. I just couldn't bare to watch a subpar show coming from GAINAX after all their actually good artists moved to form TRIGGER.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The dub wasn't nearly as bad as it's often made out to be, at least once you get to Banner.  Crest is admittedly pretty rough.  Either way it was a low-profile license-rescue bundled with far more popular Bandai titles.  No one's going to bother spending the money on a new dub.

And what does FUNi having the license have to do with Japan deciding to create new content?

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, yes: the series that got turned from an enjoyable chunnibyou power fantasy to a super serious edgefest, presumably to compete with Shield Hero. And this was after the production got blown up and they had to start again from scratch. Lo and behold... it still looks like shit.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2019 at 8:25 PM, Daos said:

I think you're all missing the point here. At .57 they actually drew a female dragons anus AND showed a gigantic metal rod being inserted into it.

This is a groundbreaking anime. Or at least analbreaking.

I just read on ANN not too long ago that it's getting a 2nd season!

More dragon butt stuff??

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Daos said:

Could Rising of the Shield Hero be coming to Toonami?

This is a joke topic...but they could get it for free through Crunchyroll.  It’s super popular!  Literally nothing would stop them from airing it and introducing a new audience to the show ala gen:Lock, except this was successful before the airing.  (Let’s face it, gen:Lock got pushed over the hill by Toonami, which shows the old girl still has value).

Edited by Jman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/26/2019 at 4:06 PM, OwlChemist81 said:

Could "Toilet-Bound Hanako-Kun" be coming to Toonami!?

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=21983

Seriously, though, I don't see much in the Winter 2020 season that would be good for Toonami!

I'm actually expecting them to be offered Plunderer at some point, and I base this off the fact that FUNimation announced the English cast months before the show premiered, implying they're on the production committee, and the only two anime where FUNi's been on the committee (Dimension W and Fire Force) have aired/are currently airing on the block.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ginguy said:

There's this. Seems like something Toonami would grab.

While this DOES look awesome, I kinda doubt there's much chance of that unless it gets repackaged as a TV anime like Gundam Unicorn and Gundam The Origin did.

Given that this is Part 1 of a film series, we probably won't see it on Toonami until 2023 at the earliest. Also, this is coming out in July, not in the winter. But I imagine a dubbed version might make a U.S. Theatrical run in late 2020 or early 2021?

Edited by OwlChemist81

• 10 months later...