UnevenEdge

Could *Insert shitty show here* be headed to Toonami?

OwlChemist81

3 hours ago, Daos said:

So Golden was one of the most requested and it's apparently fairly homo erotic... isn't Banana Fish also along the same lines in terms of gay appeal? Apparently Toonami has a massive gay fanbase.

Banana fish is literally gay, as in the main characters are two men who are in love with eachother

Golden Kamuy isn't supposed to be gay....all the guys the show focuses around like women.....the art is just really really REALLY homoerotic

like for example the guys are drawn naked and you can LITERALLY SEE EVERYTHING, and there's NO FEMALE NUDITY AT ALL, but the characters themselves don't like men

3 hours ago, Daos said:

I dunno this seems pretty gay

well yes but it's only Gay to the extent that Jojo's Bizzare adventure is gay

I.e. art and joke deep

it LOOKS gay, and they occasionally do SUPER GAY things for the sake of humor, but officially all the characters are supposed to be straight

Banana Fish is actually literally Men who love and are openly sexually turned on by other man and admit they are and are openly romantic and affectionate with eachother and implied to be consentually fucking other men gay

Edited by mochi

1 hour ago, Daos said:

So Golden was one of the most requested and it's apparently fairly homo erotic... isn't Banana Fish also along the same lines in terms of gay appeal? Apparently Toonami has a massive gay fanbase.

Banana Fish is kind of in a contract bind with Amazon, so that's out for Toonami.

But yeah, it's from the same anime staff as Yuri On Ice, not to mention there was SOME homoerotic subtext in the source material too.

3 hours ago, elfie said:

Banana Fish is kind of in a contract bind with Amazon, so that's out for Toonami.

But yeah, it's from the same anime staff as Yuri On Ice, not to mention there was SOME homoerotic subtext in the source material too.

if by some you mean it's literally a Shonen-ai Gay romance manga then yes

56 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The uncensored asshole close-up, I meant.

yeah we'll see, though they kept the gay posing scene (and made it Gayer by having indivdual closeup's of each guy that weren't in the manga)

Spoiler

Dtf4KP_VYAA48y1.jpg:large

Edited by mochi

Here is the definitive checklist for a show being on Toonami.

If it doesn't score at least three yeses, it won't be aired.

1. Does it have five socially awkward shut-ins using alts to make it appear popular on social media?

2. Does it have fan dis-service?

3. Is it directed by Shinichiro Watanabe?

5. Is it a sequel/reboot that no one expressed an interest in full of social justice archetypes and general trash?

6. Will it fail to capture even a marginal (yellow) share of the key demo?

7. Will Steve Blum sigh and shake his head sadly as he voices the promo for it?

8. Is it's MAL score below 5?

9. Does it have a confusing, nihilistic plot?

10. Is it aimed toward an audience aged 12-16?

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Ginguy said:

Here is the definitive checklist for a show being on Toonami.

If it doesn't score at least three yeses, it won't be aired.

1. Does it have five socially awkward shut-ins using alts to make it appear popular on social media?

2. Does it have fan dis-service?

3. Is it directed by Shinichiro Watanabe?

5. Is it a sequel/reboot that no one expressed an interest in full of social justice archetypes and general trash?

6. Will it fail to capture even a marginal (yellow) share of the key demo?

7. Will Steve Blum sigh and shake his head sadly as he voices the promo for it?

8. Is it's MAL score below 5?

9. Does it have a confusing, nihilistic plot?

10. Is it aimed toward an audience aged 12-16?

Damn, Ginguy took a shot at the easiest target in history and his comedy routine still sucked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Doing this test with Kinky Kunoichi and the elseworlds narrative I attributed to it.

1 hour ago, Ginguy said:

1. Does it have five socially awkward shut-ins using alts to make it appear popular on social media? At one time maybe, but I'm too honest for that now.

2. Does it have fan dis-service? You know my answer.

3. Is it directed by Shinichiro Watanabe? No, but Toshiyuki Tsuru boarded an episode of Bebop, so good enough?

If that "fail" comes out as "epic" and that "four" comes out as "there is no "there is no 4"", blame "Quitcherbitchin!".

5. Is it a sequel/reboot that no one expressed an interest in full of social justice archetypes and general trash? Not a chance.

6. Will it fail to capture even a marginal (yellow) share of the key demo? Only when the audience figures out the Kunoichi aren't the main characters.

7. Will Steve Blum sigh and shake his head sadly as he voices the promo for it? Actually Howard Parker does the promos, but I would imagine Blum shaking his head at the title were he to record the bumpers.

8. Is it's MAL score below 5? High 6, low 7.

9. Does it have a confusing, nihilistic plot? Confusing enough for the normies, and not nearly as nihilistic as the first episode would suggest.

10. Is it aimed toward an audience aged 12-16? 18-24.

I'm still gonna make that season 2 with Titmouse on board.

Edited by PokeNirvash
  • Like 1

that said the hotspring episode did remove SOME of the gay stuff....but made other scenes way gayer as a trade off

scenes that were cut include

Spoiler
  1. the main character's UNCENSORED dick flopping all around as he fought some guys
  2. one of the guys grabbing another guy's (seemingly erect) dick causing him to moan
  3. POSSIBLY the anus exposure scene as I've not seen anyone mention it

but then they also made a scene where one character mentions he got shot in the ass more homoerotic by drawing his ass waaaay more explicitly than it was drawn in the manga, and added a bunch of up-close glamour shots to the above posing scene

and left in a scene of one character getting slapped in the face by a dick....twice

Edited by mochi

could Love Stage be headed to Toonami?

71cesRK9z2L._SY445_.jpg

(I mean it IS on crunchyroll....and it's not like they have a ton of options since Funi cut them off)

Spoiler

some fun facts about this series, the Author Draws Yaoi Doujins of her IRL brother....who as far as I know isn't gay, her IRL brother is a character in Love stage too

Edited by mochi
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mochi said:

Reveal hidden contents

some fun facts about this series, the Author Draws Yaoi Doujins of her IRL brother....who as far as I know isn't gay, her IRL brother is a character in Love stage too

Spoiler

That sounds almost as bad as one of the authors of Kit and Kay Boodle's portrayal of his mother in the comic.

HLP is one of the best harem anime out there. Also a super weird phenomenon with that anime... I constantly see people saying "It's the first anime I ever watched." I wonder why that is? Was it one of the first anime on Crunchyroll or was there some huge ad campaign for it back in 2009?

18 hours ago, imchapp.in said:

Could Fist of the North Star Regenesis be coming to Toonami?

It's no secret that DeMarco really likes Fist of the North Star. If this were to ever get an English dub...

...wait, what's that you say? The actual title of this is "Fist of the BLUE SKY!?" Nope, he'd pass.