UnevenEdge

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders GRAND FINALE Discussion

3ngag3

1 minute ago, 3ngag3 said:

Funny story. When Al Yankovic's name was invoked, the man himself took to social media to talk about it. He was quite pleased.

please tell me he's gonna do a voice in this show at some point

• Like 1

Yeah I tuned in for the final fight and.... It was a bunch of time stopping nonsense with an asspull revival of grandpa Jojo. The fight was pretty terrible overall, they stopped after every punch to monologue for 5 minutes.

Welp people say the next Jojo is much better.

A+? Lol that reviewer.

13 hours ago, Daos said:

It was a bunch of time stopping nonsense with an asspull revival of grandpa Jojo. The fight was pretty terrible overall, they stopped after every punch to monologue for 5 minutes.

Huh... I have the most of the same complaints. The whole final arc had too much dialogue to be enjoyable, in the vein of Hellsing. A lot of shorter arcs, and even some individual episodes (like the one with Soul Sacrifice), definitely had more action.

I didn't mind Joseph being resurrected because it completely fits with the ridiculous nature of the show. What is kind of annoying is how he didn't become a vampire afterward. Basically, someone I follow on Twitter pointed out that there isn't enough blood in Joseph's body for him to be revived on his own, and a bit of DIO's would have to have be mixed in to work. And its been established that someone being infused with a vampire's blood turns them into a vampire as well. How come this guy isn't immortal now?

Spoiler

At least the entire universe explodes at the end of Stone Ocean, so how long Joseph lives for won't matter much in the end. :P

Also, how is it possible that Star Platinum can completely disembowel enemies? That feels like the real asspull to me, especially since DIO had already been punched many times before, but just one or two seconds was enough to do that. Maybe Jotaro knew he had that power but never used it, since there was no Stand user he thought was worthy of death... not even Dan of Steel or Alessi. But since DIO killed his great-great-grandfather, it was obvious that he would have to fry.

On to the next one.

Edited by Blatch

I do admit, compared to many of the other battles they had, Dio's was underwhelming. He should have the most dangerous, strongest, and most powerful stand ever, and he's still taken out by another of Jotaro's keen analysis just like he did with many of his underlings??  I recall being more shocked and disturbed by key moments in the previous battles than his!

Just to let you know, the 1993 OVA's for Stardust Crusaders are slightly different from the Anime. Jotaro and Dio's fight scenes were longer than what we saw last week. I don't know why they cut the scenes for the Anime.

In a way, I feel the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Anime episodes were rushed in general, especially for Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency.

• Thanks 1

I don't feel Battle Tendency was all that rushed, but Phantom Blood was indeed majorly rushed!

If anything, the pacing in 2014-15 Stardust Crusaders was a little too SLOW, which makes it surprising that the fight scenes between Jotaro and Dio were longer in the OVAs.

Edited by OwlChemist81

From what I've noticed, it seems like most fans favor Part 3: Stardust Crusaders. I like the first 3 parts. However, I favor Stardust Crusaders like most JoJo's Bizarre Adventure fans. Out of all 4 parts, it has the most episodes.

Now that Stardust Crusaders is over, it feels weird because some of us became used to watching, Joseph, Jotaro, Kakyoin, Polnareff, Avdol, and Iggy every Saturday night, since last year.

While Diamond Is Unbreakable will be premiering this Saturday night, Part 5: Golden Wind is scheduled to premiere in Japan this October.

Here's the burning question:

Did The Joestars EVER retrieve that blue ring, that Dio stole from the Joestar Clan centuries ago?

• Confused 1

Nobody remembers the blue ring from Phantom Blood? It had just as much significance as the phantom mask in Phantom Blood.:o

It was Jonathan Joestar's dead mother's blue ring. Before his father (George) died, he gave Jonathan his dead mother's ring.

Edited by PurgatoryGirl

There's a youtuber called Jellypocalypse who animates a series called So This Is Basically, and he made one of Jojo.  .... the only thing is, he's up to the latest manga chapters which have now introduced EIGHT different Jojos in eight arcs, meaning that I cannot watch it because I only kept up with the anime shown on Toonami!  And he didn't even tell anyone that he's including spoilers!

• Confused 1

So, I'd  been meaning to dig this up earlier this week to bring up something that kinda bothered me about this series (at least, something that stood out more than most).

What was the point of Iggy?

At the start of the season, I couldn't help but think, "Oh great, another comic relief gag character." Dreading every moment the writers could shove the hair-pulling and farting gimmick. Don't get me wrong, in that sense, I'm kinda glad that gag didn't last very long. There's also the coffee gum thing, another gag that didn't last.

So, it's great that those things didn't persist, but at the same time, it felt a bit like the writers just didn't really care to keep the character consistent. Sure, they managed to work him into some "important" moments. But I can't help but feel he easily could've been omitted from the show entirely and nothing significant would've been lost.