UnevenEdge

It's too late to go for it now but I think I could've been a great therapist

Ric

Stop that talk. Rodney Dangerfield didn't break through in the entertainment world until he was 46, and he made himself a legend. It's never too late to do anything. I hate that way of thinking. Just because you're in your late 20s or in your 30s and you haven't figured it out yet, that doesn't mean it's over for you.

You wanna be a therapist? Go be a damn therapist.

I feel like this is coming off as angry, but I mean it to be inspirational. :P

Stop that talk. Rodney Dangerfield didn't break through in the entertainment world until he was 46, and he made himself a legend. It's never too late to do anything. I hate that way of thinking. Just because you're in your late 20s or in your 30s and you haven't figured it out yet, that doesn't mean it's over for you.

You wanna be a therapist? Go be a damn therapist.

I feel like this is coming off as angry, but I mean it to be inspirational. :P

I am 30 and I feel like I'm done.

I am 30 and I feel like I'm done.

SHUT UP. NO ONE IS DONE AT 30.

Theoretically, you're not even a third of a way through your life, so there's plenty of time. But even if you're like me and you're definitely past the halfway point, then fuck it! Who cares? Just go do it! Fuck what anyone else says or thinks! Just go fucking do it!

SHUT UP. NO ONE IS DONE AT 30.

Theoretically, you're not even a third of a way through your life, so there's plenty of time. But even if you're like me and you're definitely past the halfway point, then fuck it! Who cares? Just go do it! Fuck what anyone else says or thinks! Just go fucking do it!

Yeah 1/3 means you are assuming I am gonna live until 90.  And its not as easy as it sounds. I am starting from square uno at age 30. uno!  And who really ever did become great late? you tell me. great late! I want a list!

Yeah 1/3 means you are assuming I am gonna live until 90.  And its not as easy as it sounds. I am starting from square uno at age 30. uno!  And who really ever did become great late? you tell me. great late! I want a list!

I doubt I make it to 60, much less 90.

As mentioned before, Rodney Dangerfield. Didn't get his big break until he was 46. Made himself a legend.

Talk all the shit you want about Michael Bolton. That guy didn't have a hit until he was 34, and he's since sold 65 million records.

J.K. Rowling was 32 when she wrote Harry Potter.

Alan Rickman didn't star in a movie until he was 46.

Samuel L. Jackson was a social worker until he said "Fuck it, I'm gonna be an actor," and at age 45, he broke out with his role in Pulp Fiction.

Morgan Freeman's first big movie role came when he was 52.

Should I keep going? Or are you gonna get off your ass and pursue your God damn dreams?  >:(

As mentioned before, Rodney Dangerfield. Didn't get his big break until he was 46. Made himself a legend.

Talk all the shit you want about Michael Bolton. That guy didn't have a hit until he was 34, and he's since sold 65 million records.

J.K. Rowling was 32 when she wrote Harry Potter.

Alan Rickman didn't star in a movie until he was 46.

Samuel L. Jackson was a social worker until he said "Fuck it, I'm gonna be an actor," and at age 45, he broke out with his role in Pulp Fiction.

Morgan Freeman's first big movie role came when he was 52.

Should I keep going? Or are you gonna get off your ass and pursue your God damn dreams?  >:(

Something to think about with all these examples is, did they just not get their big break until later in life, or did they not even get to start from square one until later in life? Because there's a big difference between wallowing in obscurity but still building your chops early and then succeeding later, and starting from square one with no prior experience or proper education later.

Something to think about with all these examples is, did they just not get their big break until later in life, or did they not even get to start from square one until later in life? Because there's a big difference between wallowing in obscurity but still building your chops early and then succeeding later, and starting from square one with no prior experience or proper education later.

Right, but they had to start. I'm just trying to get a motherfucker to start. Fuck where they might or might not end up and when, they won't get anywhere if they don't start.

Yeah dude that is a great point. I was kind of thinking along those lines^ 

Also fate/destiny/luck probably plays a role.

That post of mine is not concerned about when they ended up or where they ended up. It is about when they started.

That is such an extremely negative way to view it, though. It's not like Ric can't learn shit anymore, or Phillies is 30 so he's incapable of learning. You die whenever it is you die. In the meantime, go do the thing. ALWAYS DO THE THING.

That is such an extremely negative way to view it, though. It's not like Ric can't learn shit anymore, or Phillies is 30 so he's incapable of learning. You die whenever it is you die. In the meantime, go do the thing. ALWAYS DO THE THING.

Its too late for Ric. Hes already resigned to a life of final fantasy games, twinkies, and pg-13 pseudo hentai.

And you haven't properly responded to Doom's question. What is the point in pursuing your dreams if you don't even have the time to do so? What is the point of sacrifice and effort if there isn't the time to accomplish?

Its too late for Ric. Hes already resigned to a life of final fantasy games, twinkies, and pg-13 pseudo hentai.

And you haven't properly responded to Doom's question. What is the point in pursuing your dreams if you don't even have the time to do so? What is the point of sacrifice and effort if there isn't the time to accomplish?

Because pursuing your dreams is a lot more fucking fun than sitting at a desk job or working in retail. If I'm gonna barely get by, I'd sure as fuck rather barely get by doing something I actually want to do. Take the shot, do shit you wanna do.

Or don't. Keep sitting in the corner and being afraid to take the shot. Keep working jobs you hate. Keep waking up with no sense of purpose. If you can't motivate yourself, I'm just spitting into the wind at this point. :P

Because pursuing your dreams is a lot more fucking fun than sitting at a desk job or working in retail. If I'm gonna barely get by, I'd sure as fuck rather barely get by doing something I actually want to do. Take the shot, do shit you wanna do.

Or don't. Keep sitting in the corner and being afraid to take the shot. Keep working jobs you hate. Keep waking up with no sense of purpose. If you can't motivate yourself, I'm just spitting into the wind at this point. :P

Ok you have made your point so far... but one more thing... where do we find the time to pursue our dreams if we have to already work the jobs we hate? :|