UnevenEdge

LOL TRUMP IS PRESIDENT LOL

Lasty

"All these bleeding heart liberals are throwing a hissy fit, they obviously can't handle reality" is a statement baited with stereotype threat... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereotype_threat This: http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/bloguploads/u-mad-2.jpg is not the way to help them cope with things, if you really care about your fellow Americans. That being said, this: http://gaurarader.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/1376977_516512691769815_621875082_n.jpg isn't any better.

Politics is a system explicitly designed to divide the American public with virulent, slanderous rhetoric emanating from every point on our cultural spectrum.

I hate the game, not the players...

"All these bleeding heart liberals are throwing a hissy fit, they obviously can't handle reality" is a statement baited with stereotype threat... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereotype_threat This: http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/bloguploads/u-mad-2.jpg is not the way to help them cope with things, if you really care about your fellow Americans. That being said, this: http://gaurarader.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/1376977_516512691769815_621875082_n.jpg isn't any better.

Politics is a system explicitly designed to divide the American public with virulent, slanderous rhetoric emanating from every point on our cultural spectrum.

I hate the game, not the players...

nobody cares about anyone in this country unless they're straight and white

The thing is the terrible republicans will always use a scape goat to blame

millennial or these "liberal pussies"

the republican party now is clearly regressive and doesnt even want tolerance

you understand how bad it is to just have to be tolerant of the lgbt for example when we should be accepting of them

People in general will always let you down and in mass numbers are just a tumor spreading out making things worse in general

nobody cares about anyone in this country unless they're straight and white

and all you're doing is proving that

You embody that image. Did you read the thing about stereotype threat at all or did you just come in here to whine that your demographic isn't being represented and blame it on everyone else and everything except for your own whining?

You embody that image. Did you read the thing about stereotype threat at all or did you just come in here to whine that your demographic isn't being represented and blame it on everyone else and everything except for your own whining?

when being killed or having my rights taken away because the majority of out country thinks I don't deserve to live and be who I am I think I have a right to be upset

stop being a flat earth republican for a second and consider, I live in constant fear that I will be killed now, I cannot handle the pressure, and being a complete and total asshole to me because of it is not the right way to respond, you are being an asshole and if you honestly think my fear is "liberal whining" you are filth

have you ever lived with the fear that your whole existance is going to get you killed for reasons you cannot understand?

The thing is the terrible republicans will always use a scape goat to blame

millennial or these "liberal pussies"

the republican party now is clearly regressive and doesnt even want tolerance

you understand how bad it is to just have to be tolerant of the lgbt for example when we should be accepting of them

People in general will always let you down and in mass numbers are just a tumor spreading out making things worse in general

These things always sway back and forth. It'll be a few hundred years before we achieve anything bearing the remotest semblance of balance, if we ever do.

Guest The Hound

#jumpfortrump

lol people think our presidents actually do something and aren't puppets of the same business owners. >:D :D >:D>:(

Guest The Hound

I don't want to be killed just for being gay

why do you assholes not understand how terrifying this is for me?

No one is going to fucking kill you for being gay.

No one.

when being killed or having my rights taken away because the majority of out country thinks I don't deserve to live and be who I am I think I have a right to be upset

stop being a flat earth republican for a second and consider, I live in constant fear that I will be killed now, I cannot handle the pressure, and being a complete and total asshole to me because of it is not the right way to respond, you are being an asshole and if you honestly think my fear is "liberal whining" you are filth

You're making assumptions out the wazzoo just because I'm not taking your extremist stance. I'm not a republican, I'm not a liberal. National politics do not represent my interests what-so-ever. Republicans call me a bleeding heart liberal, Democrats call me a flat earth republican and my real message gets drowned out in the hate filled rhetoric. This is a great example of exactly what I'm talking about, here. Every human being has the right to survive in peace, regardless of race, opinion, sexual orientation or what have you. I'm not judging you because you're not straight or not white, I'm judging you based on the content of your character. "Asshole, asshole, filth" is not language used by rational, tolerant people. I identify with your struggles as a misrepresented demographic, but you need to CHILL OUT before we can actually talk about this in a way that will help solve real problems. :P

I don't want to be killed just for being gay

why do you assholes not understand how terrifying this is for me?

I do understand that you're terrified, and I also understand that 99% of all fear experienced by human beings is due to tunnel vision... a lack of a wider perspective. >_>

Sounds like the sore winner syndrome that's been going on since November because 2/3rds of America think he's illegitimate.

"Why aren't you sucking Trump's dick!? Just suck it up, buttercup, America's great again, he won, he said it would be great again so it must be true! Why don't you believe in me? Why don't you just give him a chance!? Why are you walking away from me!? So much for the tolerant left! This is why Trump won!"

I do understand that you're terrified, and I also understand that 99% of all fear experienced by human beings is due to tunnel vision... a lack of a wider perspective. >_>

you understand nothing

if something does happen that gets all my human rights taken away or results in my death you will just shrug and act like everything is fine

nobody gives a fuck about anyone in this country unless they are white and straight

Guest The Hound

Categorically false  :-\

mochi[/member] the american government won't kill you for being gay....civil rights issues may come up '>.>

You know what I ment.  :D

Sounds like the sore winner syndrome that's been going on since November because 2/3rds of America think he's illegitimate.

"Why aren't you sucking Trump's dick!? Just suck it up, buttercup, America's great again, he won, he said it would be great again so it must be true! Why don't you believe in me? Why don't you just give him a chance!? Why are you walking away from me!? So much for the tolerant left! This is why Trump won!"

Just to be clear, I'm not a Trump supporter. Like I said a few posts ago, national politics do not represent my interests.

you understand nothing

if something does happen that gets all my human rights taken away or results in my death you will just shrug and act like everything is fine

nobody gives a fuck about anyone in this country unless they are white and straight

Go back and look at my other response. The one where I gave you a whole paragraph. Read the whole thing. Can you respond to what I said in an intelligible manner that lets me know you're listening to and care about what I have to say? If not...  then yeah, shrug city babe.  :|

Go back and look at my other response. The one where I gave you a whole paragraph. Read the whole thing. Can you respond to what I said in an intelligible manner that lets me know you're listening to and care about what I have to say? If not...  then yeah, shrug city babe.  :|

I read it, I just honestly do not believe you understand anything about how it feels to be a "misrepresented demographic" because you literally told me my concerns are Liberal whining and that I am a stereotype

I am legitimately upset and all you have to say is "lol trump is prez Murrica is great Lol dank memes"

you understand nothing

I know you're scared. I'm not trying to make light of your concerns, but you need to, literally, step away from the computer and take a breathe. You're going to unnecessarily compound your stress with these hysterics.

I read it, I just honestly do not believe you understand anything about how it feels to be a "misrepresented demographic" because you literally told me my concerns are Liberal whining and that I am a stereotype

I am legitimately upset and all you have to say is "lol trump is prez Murrica is great Lol dank memes"

Do you have a job? Are you able to pay your rent? Even if you struggle and scrape the bottom of the barrel. If so, you're part of a well represented demographic, the working class people. I happen to struggle with homelessness. I am not an over-privileged striaght white guy. Being straight and white actually doesn't amount to shit. You can be those things and still get ostracised. I am NOT a trump supporter, I am NOT a republican.  I do not believe you should be killed or even have your civil liberties taken away. Call me a liar if you want. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. <3

I know you're scared. I'm not trying to make light of your concerns, but you need to, literally, step away from the computer and take a breathe. You're going to unnecessarily compound your stress with these hysterics.

I sat and calmed myself down a little because I was legitimately afraid I was gonna have a heart attack

I'm still not happy though

Do you have a job? Are you able to pay your rent? Even if you struggle and scrape the bottom of the barrel. If so, you're part of a well represented demographic, the working class people. I happen to struggle with homelessness. I am not an over-privileged striaght white guy. Being straight and white actually doesn't amount to shit. You can be those things and still get ostracised. I am NOT a trump supporter, I am NOT a republican.  I do not believe you should be killed or even have your civil liberties taken away. Call me a liar if you want. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. <3

trump becoming president with disregard for scientific fact and the environment has hurt my job and my stability.

I sat and calmed myself down a little because I was legitimately afraid I was gonna have a heart attack

I'm still not happy though

Nobody's happy...welcome to adulthood  :D

Just be aware and take whatever sensible steps you can, but don't let it consume you...

Regarding that image of the "tolerant liberal," it's personally baffling to me how some people see accusations of Islamophobia, homophobia, sexism, etc. as a matter of "not agreeing" with people. It's rarely that simple. My devoutly Christian great-aunt, since the federal recognition of same-sex marriages, and her support of Kim Davis' bewilderingly unfounded crusade, has claimed the Antichrist is going to appear on this world with a same-sex partner. Now, I'm going to go ahead and call that homophobic. I also don't agree with her, but my reason for calling that homophobic isn't because I don't agree. It's because it's literally grouping me and a whole community of people who have experienced everything from poorly-executed characterization in media to legally recognized trans panic defenses and hate-motivated murder, as inherently evil.

There are things that I agree are mostly simply a matter of "not agreeing", such as what to do with gun control. There are certain concerns regarding the "good gun-carryer", such as the concern of how often a black citizen legally carrying a gun will be afforded the same freedoms as white shoppers in Target. But intersecting topics aside, that's a topic I don't mind weighing in on.

However, a Muslim registry, as promoted by certain people of certain repute, is Islamophobic and racist because it promotes inherent suspicion/distrust of a group of people, and it would only be a matter of time before it came down to merely what one looked like (as if we'd have to wait for Islamophobic attacks on purported Muslims; post-9/11 was a particularly hard time for brown-skinned folks in general.)

And this particular image entertains the idea that all of these particular issues are the same, by belittling the anger expressed by people who are affected directly by matters that mean so little to the average American that the majority can only see it as "opinions."  As a result, it's surprisingly common to find people who are so expecting of me to justify my existence, or why I should have the privilege of equal rights, because for them, who I am is little more than something to debate.

You lost because you said "racist."

The word racist lost all meaning because liberal SJWs were calling everybody racist.

That's how these things work.

Who knew the sociopolitical landscape was really just a bunch of hardcore Taboo players? :o