UnevenEdge

MY HERO ACADEMIA COMING TO TOONAMI ON MAY 5TH

The1gairon

11 hours ago, elfie said:

So apparently Demarco made it clear on Twitter that getting MHA was totally unplanned and came out of the blue.  Apparently, some rule changed in the equation just recently.  This makes sense in hindsight.  They were planning to spend this time to plug FLCL 2 and 3 to high heaven with the FLCL reruns, the new bumps, and the behind-the-scenes featurettes with the staff we saw on TV. NOW they have MHA to promote, which means more work on a moments notice, but it's for the best.

It’s very possible that this wasn’t IBOs original replacement. Whatever it was most likely wasn’t going to air at 11:30. They were all set to keep that slot as an “FLCL” slot for now leading into Progressive. That changed quickly once they secured MHA. It may have been in the works for awhile but they possibly weren’t planning on running it until after Kai was done.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, brianycpht said:

It’s very possible that this wasn’t IBOs original replacement. Whatever it was most likely wasn’t going to air at 11:30. They were all set to keep that slot as an “FLCL” slot for now leading into Progressive. That changed quickly once they secured MHA. It may have been in the works for awhile but they possibly weren’t planning on running it until after Kai was done.

okay so then WHAT THE **dialtone** WAS THE SHOW SPACE DANDY POSTPONED?!

do we still not know?

1 minute ago, elfie said:

1.  do you mean "WHY" instead of "what"?

2. Space Dandy was postponed when? It's in reruns.

they claimed there was a show the licensed that they couldn't air or officially announce due to legal reasons so they replaced it's premier with a rerun of Space Dandy, unless MHA is that show I'm confused

7 minutes ago, mochi said:

they claimed there was a show the licensed that they couldn't air or officially announce due to legal reasons so they replaced it's premier with a rerun of Space Dandy, unless MHA is that show I'm confused

the rerun of Space Dandy was a replacement?  What new show would they choose to run at 2:30 or so in the morning??  Maybe I just don't remember that.

On 4/21/2018 at 9:45 PM, DangerMouse said:

Gotta say that as you'll see that's rather odd as a description for Deku, since he only does that in the first ep or two and it's gone almost immediately. He's much more the grit do it type and unlike a lot of hothead shonen leads almost always has a strategy like say Shikamaru or Joseph Joestar in the second arc of Jojo. He's not whiny about fighting like some of the characters you listed.

Reveal hidden contents

He basically only cries like that at the beginning when he meets All Might, his hero, and when All Might picks him as his potential successor and when he finally impresses All Might.

Reveal hidden contents

Fortunately this show is never really about him earning his name without a power, since he gets his power so early

and once he gets it no one really tries to convince you he doesn't have a Quirk anymore. They just comment that they're not sure what Quirk he has yet (since only he and All Might know).

His name is Deku, really? xD That doesn't sound too bad.  We'll see.  Man, you know I don't usually click spoilers! 

On 5/1/2018 at 1:10 PM, elfie said:

the rerun of Space Dandy was a replacement?  What new show would they choose to run at 2:30 or so in the morning??  Maybe I just don't remember that.

They were going to premiere a new show but couldn't yet do so as planned due to legal reasons, but said it was still coming.  In the meantime they are running Space Dandy as a backup.  ...Just because Dandy is running at 2:30 doesn't mean the new show would have.  Demarco also said that shows don't have to end for Toonami to add shows, meaning we won't have to wait for Dandy to end to get the new show.  If MHA was a last minute thing then that means it wasn't this legally delayed show.  Makes me also wonder if there was originally another replacement for IBO and what that would have been.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

Do you ever read the posts in this thread to make sure you aren't reiterating, or do you just give that little of a shit?

No. I never do.

Also he didn't give him Deku's last name so that's still new information.

Edited by elfie

7 hours ago, ben0119 said:

So it's a kanji joke?  Does that make it into the dub?

Izuku's nickname, "Deku", was given to him by Katsuki when they were little. "Deku" is another reading of his name 出久, and Bakugou uses it to mock Izuku, as "Deku" can mean "the one who can't achieve/do anything". Later, Ochako finds the nickname very inspiring because "Deku" gives off a feeling of "I can do it".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1