UnevenEdge

Outlaw Star Final Episode (#26) Discussion

Just now, CorbeauKarasu said:

brilliant series

BUT THE ORIGINAL MANGA CONTINUED AFTER THIS POINT

SO MANY REMAKES AND SEQUELS AND I'M STILL WAITING FOR A DAMN SECOND SEASON FOR OUTLAW STAR!!

Yeah I am looking at images

Apparently they encounter another Melfina clone.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

"See You Again..."

Interesting! C'mon, Toonami, make a continuation of Outlaw Star!

And air Angel Links!

Whoa, more!?

That would be pretty cool considering they are doing it with FLCL. Probably just a dream though.

• Sad 1

So... that was a thing that happened. xD

I knew this show had magic and supernatural aspects but I didn't think it would get that out there haha.

Think it would be better to destroy the leyline.

No Gene's hair! D:

How did Melfina get those clothes?

She pinched his cheek back haha.

One last ass grab lol.

They're never going to pay back Fred are they? :D

Yay Aisha and Suzuka came back!

We can only imagine what their next adventures will be!

Thank christ no one died.  I couldn't have taken that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DBZ4ever said:

That would be pretty cool considering they are doing it with FLCL. Probably just a dream though.

as I said unless they redeem Fred somehow or add a Gay character who's NOT fucking terrible I'd not be interested....but if they DID do that then I'd be more than happy to see Toonami produce an outlaw Star sequel

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

brilliant series

BUT THE ORIGINAL MANGA CONTINUED AFTER THIS POINT

SO MANY REMAKES AND SEQUELS AND I'M STILL WAITING FOR A DAMN SECOND SEASON FOR OUTLAW STAR!!

Whaaaaaa this series is based on a manga?!  And it kept going?!

Not sure where you would take the story from here though.  Seemed to wrap up pretty well, while leaving room in the viewers' imaginations for what the crew might get up to.

3 minutes ago, mochi said:

as I said unless they redeem Fred somehow or add a Gay character who's NOT fucking terrible

Maybe it'd just be better if the show had no gay characters at all... since you have annoyingly high standards regarding them. ¬¬

Alternatively, there's a good gay character but the show does a mean-spirited parody of Vegeta. That's how I'd expect things to shake out.

4 minutes ago, Blatch said:

Maybe it'd just be better if the show had no gay characters at all... since you have annoyingly high standards regarding them. ¬¬

Alternatively, there's a good gay character but the show does a mean-spirited parody of Vegeta. That's how I'd expect things to shake out.

I'd settle for Fred making no appearances in the sequel

IMO it's do gay characters right or don't do them at all

also I'm fine with Parodies of Vegeta, I just hate Toei shitting on the ACTUAL Vegeta

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2001 Edits:

1. Gwen Khan's "kill anyone" changed to "destroy anyone".

2. Leyline's "they are dead" changed to "they are gone".

3. Scene of Gene's bloody corpse cut.

4. Melfina's "fight him to the death" changed to "fight him to the end".

5. Scene of Anten Assassins melting at Hazanko's arrival cut.

6. Spray of blood digitally removed when the Outlaw Star pierces Hazanko.

7. Sign on Clyde's bar digitally changed to remove the word "bar". (Why bother? The sign was barely readable at DVD level video quality.)

8. Suzuka's "try to kill you" changed to "try to hurt you".

9. Melfina's "died because of the Leyline" changed to "gone because of the Leyline".

10. Scene of Gene hugging Iris and patting her butt in front of the Outlaw Star cut.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Blatch said:

Mochi is annoyed when an anime doesn't have any gay characters either, because it's under-representation.

• Like 1

Okay, I've caught up and I just finished the final episode.

I don't know what it is with anime I've finished lately, but shit just seemed to get really weird with this episode. Aesthetically speaking, it was very different from the rest of the series.

It was somewhat weird, but it's common for anime to go cosmic (or, at least beyond mere space) in their last episode, so I just accepted it.

My major issue was that some of the dialogue, especially just before the final battle, was delivered too fast and felt rushed. Maybe they should've mapped things out a little better if they knew they were in a crunch.