UnevenEdge

It's not April 15th yet.

1938 Packard

34 minutes ago, Athena 92 said:

Like what, exactly? Like being able to buy a literal mansion for the same price as a shack in a more "affluent" area? 

it's not affluence that matters to me, it's being near a place that's growing and has jobs in my field. my old state was dying, people were moving out because it was too expensive but there used to be tons of jobs in the field i work in. also property tax is super cheap down here

2 hours ago, Noboru Yamaguchi said:

You'za a broke bitch and people a third your age consider your living conditions to be pure shit....You've wasted you life and in reality I know you cry yourself to sleep knowing you'll possibly be faced with another waking day of slum trudgery.  The fact that you come here to grasp at non-existent straws amuses the shit out of me.

It's not that simple.  As long as the government doesn't pull some hair brained stunt like declare a jubilee, I'm currently worth more retired than working.  So, yeah... owning a modest home in San Antonio at retirement is not outside of possibility for me.

Just now, 1938 Packard said:

It's not that simple.  As long as the government doesn't pull some hair brained stunt like declare a jubilee, I'm currently worth more retired than working.  So, yeah... owning a modest home in San Antonio at retirement is not outside of possibility for me.

ok. ok. 

how in the phuq are you worth more retired? like...explain this one please. 

• Like 1

I bet he's still crying with triple deadbolts that buddy is sneaking around knocking bottles together outside his shithole apartment screaming, "WARRRRIORS!!!! COME OUT AND PLAY!!!"

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Clu said:

And he hates himself for even having to debate a fucking loser janitor.

Not with me, Mon Idiot.  There are quite a number of other people at these gatherings.  So let all the arm chair quarter backs talk sports, the political nuts talk about politicians, other people talk about their jobs, etc.  Me?  I can't find anybody who talks anime.  So, I end up with my sister in law talking about her pastry recipes or whichever.

20 minutes ago, Naraku4656 said:

i'm not exactly sure if a suburb in a southern coastal state can exactly be considered extravagant but i'd rather be somewhere where companies want to move to. i can't name any tech companies that want to move to the midwest, unless you can

OK, gotcha.

I forget you have the luxury of just saying fuck it and moving

Edited by Noboru Yamaguchi

2 minutes ago, 1938 Packard said:

Not with me, Mon Idiot.  There are quite a number of other people at these gatherings.  So let all the arm chair quarter backs talk sports, the political nuts talk about politicians, other people talk about their jobs, etc.  Me?  I can't find anybody who talks anime.  So, I end up with my sister in law talking about her pastry recipes or whichever.

I thought for sure you would be one to talk about your job.

Just now, discolemonade said:

sure hope it stays in tact. i mean. there is a parade to pay for after all. 

Xenu willing something terrible happens on day one of retirement.

Edited by Clu

1 minute ago, Noboru Yamaguchi said:

LMAO, pensions aren't going to keep you alive in a home owner climate.....You will die owing rent.....Good job, Dr.

Oh they'll line Dr. Bro's pockets just fine.   Just think how banal it is for his wife to have to chat up the creepy, smelly old weeb just so they can lure him to his death.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scoobdog said:

Oh they'll line Dr. Bro's pockets just fine.   Just think how banal it is for his wife to have to chat up the creepy, smelly old weeb just so they can lure him to his death.

What for?  It's not like they'd have anything to gain from my death.

1 minute ago, 1938 Packard said:

Not in NJ or NY, perhaps.  San Antonio does have a much better climate for pensioners.  Houses and land are cheap there and so are the taxes.

that's because san antonio kind of sucks. 

except for lackland afb and 'the river walk'/alamo i mean...seriously. 

kind of sucks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1938 Packard said:

Not in NJ or NY, perhaps.  San Antonio does have a much better climate for pensioners.  Houses and land are cheap there and so are the taxes.

As someone that went through the air Force... You are a dumb mother fucker about San antonio

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Goddamnit   I actually kind of wanted to see it to.

it's only good if you're stationed there~in which case you have no option. . or passing through. 

like, still go and see it...but make it just an over night stay. that's all the time you'll need. 

Edited by discolemonade

Just now, Naraku4656 said:

i think New York also comes out ahead because of the city but yeah. i would have never owned property there

Yeah I wouldn't lump a large state in to that because of the city... All of jersey sucks.

• Sad 1

Just now, discolemonade said:

it's good if you're stationed there. or passing through. 

like, still go and see it...but make it just an over night stay. that's all the time you'll need. 

Fuck that.  I'm not wading across a thousand miles of cow shit and rednecks just to stay one night.

• Haha 1

Just now, Naraku4656 said:

nah, North and Central Jersey are fine. there's a lot of stuff to do there besides getting shot in Camden

The taxes are still awful. I've written mortgages for people moving out of jersey... A lot... And they didn't realize what they qualified for because the taxes in MA were so much less... And MA is called taxachussetts

Just now, Clu said:

The taxes are still awful. I've written mortgages for people moving out of jersey... A lot... And they didn't realize what they qualified for because the taxes in MA were so much less... And MA is called taxachussetts

oh yeah it's a renter state don't get me wrong. though i always used to get back money on my taxes there but here i don't so go figure.

22 minutes ago, 1938 Packard said:

Two pensions.  Fully vested in both.  The amount grows each year.  Been growing each year for nearly thirty years.

Start early or be left out.

You don't have those pensions anymore since the government is using those to pay off everyone's debt.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Clu said:

Jersey has some of the highest taxes in the country besides California maybe...

And after retirement, I can go anywhere I want.  I've also considered Pinedale, WY.  Nice there, with about $700 per YEAR in property taxes on a two acre parcel with a 1,500 sq foot house.

• Haha 1

Just now, 1938 Packard said:

And after retirement, I can go anywhere I want.  I've also considered Pinedale, WY.  Nice there, with about $700 per YEAR in property taxes on a two acre parcel with a 1,500 sq foot house.

Interesting you say Wyoming.... Remember all those pics we got of you there and you said it wasn't you?? 🤔🤔🤔 'splain Sempsey

• Like 3