UnevenEdge

It's not April 15th yet.

1938 Packard

42 minutes ago, Naraku4656 said:

is it actually humanly possible to live on 15,000 a year on your own? that'd be a miserable life I feel like

If you're on disability, it's basically your disposable income. There are janitors at my work who live like that. They aren't allowed to work full-time.

3 hours ago, Noboru Yamaguchi said:

No, because he IS the landlady....Squatter's make up their own stories in their head.

I'm not a squatter.  I'm here on a yearly lease.  As for gender, who is really running the show?  There's the female property manager on site, along with her secretary and then the owners are an LLC based in New York.  I suppose there's a healthy mix of gender in the LLC membership.

6 minutes ago, 1938 Packard said:

I'm not a squatter.  I'm here on a yearly lease.  As for gender, who is really running the show?  There's the female property manager on site, along with her secretary and then the owners are an LLC based in New York.  I suppose there's a healthy mix of gender in the LLC membership.

Why do you assume that? Lot of experience in setting up business entities, Shapiro?

16 hours ago, Naraku4656 said:

is it actually humanly possible to live on 15,000 a year on your own? that'd be a miserable life I feel like

I mean it's not that bad if your rent is low and you own your car and don't have anyone else to support and never go to like the doctor or anything like that, tho it does suck having to beg for money on a forum every ten months

29 minutes ago, Clu said:

Why do you assume that? Lot of experience in setting up business entities, Shapiro?

An LLC is usually more than one investor.  When I had seven percent of an LLC a few years back, there were both male and female investors in the group.  The more members, the more likely that a mix would form.

1 minute ago, 1938 Packard said:

An LLC is usually more than one investor.  When I had seven percent of an LLC a few years back, there were both male and female investors in the group.  The more members, the more likely that a mix would form.

No... You're an idiot. LLCs are typically single owners... Limited liability... Typically used for investment properties. You're thinking of a partnership.... Fucktard.

Edited by Clu

16 hours ago, Naraku4656 said:

The government is forcing me to live at or below 16k because our policies regarding poverty are abysmal.

I might move out of the country at this rate. The US is absolute trash. Canada sounds nice. Fuck this place.

5 minutes ago, 1938 Packard said:

Because it doesn't matter.  It can still be done even today.

$15,000 20 years ago is a lot more money than $15,000 today shit for brains. The year you did what you said you did matters a lot. Especially since I know the average rent for a 1 bedroom apartment in your shit hole town.

2 minutes ago, stilgar said:

$15,000 20 years ago is a lot more money than $15,000 today shit for brains. The year you did what you said you did matters a lot. Especially since I know the average rent for a 1 bedroom apartment in your shit hole town.

Okay, so get five or six of your pals together and rent a four bedroom house.  Even split on the rent and utilities.  That's what plenty of low income workers are doing here.

2 minutes ago, Naraku4656 said:

what the fuck? yes it is. if they're all living paycheck to paycheck with little savings, and one of them moves out you're fucked unless you can find someone else.

My older brother spent six years living that way while he was studying for his doctoral degree.  People moved out, people moved in.  Sometimes, they got together and hosted rent parties.

Just now, Athena 92 said:

Standard of living? Do you mean cost of living? I'd love to make 45k a year I made like 32k last year and got by alright 45 would be amazing. 

You live within your means, or beyond. If you make 30 you figure it out at 30... If you make 45...well you find another something you want... A new payment or buying better groceries... Or an extra vacation. I've been in finance a long time now and I see it with the people I've promoted and clients as well. As soon as they retired, well their income now became fixed.... So sacrifices need to be made.

You'za a broke bitch and people a third your age consider your living conditions to be pure shit....You've wasted you life and in reality I know you cry yourself to sleep knowing you'll possibly be faced with another waking day of slum trudgery.  The fact that you come here to grasp at non-existent straws amuses the shit out of me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1938 Packard said:

My older brother spent six years living that way while he was studying for his doctoral degree.  People moved out, people moved in.  Sometimes, they got together and hosted rent parties.

Your brother has his doctorate? LOL... Your holiday dinners must be fun.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1938 Packard said:

He also has a dipshit brother to sign off on a major purchases he can abandon in 7 years without toting any of the debt load....He's found his sucker

Edited by Noboru Yamaguchi
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Athena 92 said:

Standard of living? Do you mean cost of living? I'd love to make 45k a year I made like 32k last year and got by alright 45 would be amazing. 

both really. 15k means to me an actual literal cardboard box because 15k is not a sum of money i'd consider livable unless your area is that cheap to where you can pull that off and you have literally no vices and never eat out. maybe a shack in rural nowheresville can do it

25 minutes ago, Clu said:

You live within your means, or beyond. If you make 30 you figure it out at 30... If you make 45...well you find another something you want... A new payment or buying better groceries... Or an extra vacation. I've been in finance a long time now and I see it with the people I've promoted and clients as well. As soon as they retired, well their income now became fixed.... So sacrifices need to be made.

i'm guilty of that as well. i buy tons of shit i know i don't need because i have the money to do it

18 minutes ago, 1938 Packard said:

It's not like this is his very first time.  He never cheated me in the last two.  Besides, if he decides to pull a stunt like you describe , I'll just overtake the payments and move into the house.  Of course, I'd have to change jobs too.

LMAO. You can't afford to pay a mortgage, land tax and utilities

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Naraku4656 said:

both really. 15k means to me an actual literal cardboard box because 15k is not a sum of money i'd consider livable unless your area is that cheap to where you can pull that off and you have literally no vices and never eat out. maybe a shack in rural nowheresville can do it

I mean 15k is nothing just about anywhere you go if you're by yourself. But 30k in my state can get you a decent 1 bedroom apartment in a decent area of you live somewhat frugally. My first place was a 700 square foot one bedroom in a good suburb 20 minutes outside the city and I was still able to eat out and go to the movies and stuff on occasion. I was making ~30k a year.

The Midwest is dirt cheap though. A lot of people like to rag on it but I'm happy here. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Athena 92 said:

I mean 15k is nothing just about anywhere you go if you're by yourself. But 30k in my state can get you a decent 1 bedroom apartment in a decent area of you live somewhat frugally. My first place was a 700 square foot one bedroom in a good suburb 20 minutes outside the city and I was still able to eat out and go to the movies and stuff on occasion. I was making ~30k a year.

The Midwest is dirt cheap though. A lot of people like to rag on it but I'm happy here. 

i know the midwest is dirt cheap but idk if i'd really want to live like that.

14 minutes ago, Naraku4656 said:

i know the midwest is dirt cheap but idk if i'd really want to live like that.

Like what....I mean perhaps I'm not up to your standards but I've lived well even in the deep south.....If you just want to live in a notably extravagant location, just say so....You can live like a boss anywhere....Even Mexico.  You have lame excuses for what you are. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Noboru Yamaguchi said:

Like what....I mean perhaps I'm not up to your standards but I've lived well even in the deep south.....If you just want to live in a notably extravagant location, just say so....You can live like a boss anywhere....Even Mexico.  You have lame excuses for what you are. 

i'm not exactly sure if a suburb in a southern coastal state can exactly be considered extravagant but i'd rather be somewhere where companies want to move to. i can't name any tech companies that want to move to the midwest, unless you can