UnevenEdge

Live action Sword Art Online IS happening, blame Netflix

Jman

4 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

What relationship? After that petty and unoriginal jab over a mediocre anime adaptation that he could very well ignore like a sane person, I blocked his ass!

Elfie is like annoying as fuck but the only difference is I don't think he realizes he is doing that on purpose but then again that's how he was getting attacked on nodde before the final strike

1 hour ago, PokeNirvash said:

What relationship? After that petty and unoriginal jab over a mediocre anime adaptation that he could very well ignore like a sane person, I blocked his ass!

I'd rather not announce this in a post. Just block them if you want and move on.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Daos said:

Is it ok to fap to the Asuna rape scene or will that be frowned upon by society?

in the wake of the meetoo movement, I would assume either all the rape/incest/misogynistic objectification of women, would be removed, or rewritten in a way that demonizes it rather than plays it up as fap material for straight men

that said, since they aren't whitewashing it, I am EXTREMELY curious about what changes exactly they are actually going to make since the fact that they're casting asian actors implies some level of (unfortunate in this case) respect for the source material

I'm no longer upset that there's a rape scene in the anime that the movie production staff will be "faithful to" because we do not yet know the extent of that faithfulness. What I AM upset about is how so many media outlets are shelling millions of dollars onto this one light novel written by a then-inexperienced fan who couldn't write!

5 hours ago, elfie said:

I'm no longer upset that there's a rape scene in the anime that the movie production staff will be "faithful to" because we do not yet know the extent of that faithfulness. What I AM upset about is how so many media outlets are shelling millions of dollars onto this one light novel written by a then-inexperienced fan who couldn't write!

not unlike the Twilight novels

• Like 1

Fifty shades of grey was actually a Twilight fan fic that became so popular the author rewrote it as its own story.

Twilight is basically a reverse harem. A bunch of immortal good looking guys want some average looking girl and fall in love with her for no reason. The books apparently go into great detail about the guys and how handsome they are, and offer almost zero description of Bella. This lets women imagine themselves as her and allows it to become kind of a wish fulfillment fantasy.

It works in anime as well, there's a reason so many anime are just Harem + wildly overpowered protagonist. That's the male fantasy basically.

Long story short,  they're the lowest common denominator of literature.

• Like 2

On 2/13/2018 at 8:39 PM, Jman said:

Yup, it's happening!  Looks like it won't be on the CW after all lol.

And Kirito and Asuna will be played by Asian actors.  By extension, so must Suguha.  Hope they are able to find a busty Asian girl with acting skills!

Then again I have a feeling this show will mostly be in the Aincrad Arc, so perhaps no reason for her to appear, unless they change it so she does.  Either way lots of stuff got skipped over in that arc so plenty to mine there and even make up new adventures if they want.

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 1

On 2/16/2018 at 2:11 AM, mochi said:

in the wake of the meetoo movement, I would assume either all the rape/incest/misogynistic objectification of women, would be removed, or rewritten in a way that demonizes it rather than plays it up as fap material for straight men

that said, since they aren't whitewashing it, I am EXTREMELY curious about what changes exactly they are actually going to make since the fact that they're casting asian actors implies some level of (unfortunate in this case) respect for the source material

I'm sure the rape and cousin crush stuff will not be included.  I think that would've been true even before #metoo happened.  Probably helps that that the writer is a woman, as well.

No idea.  They said the game is world wide and that Klein and Egil aren't Japanese, so I'd expect a diverse cast.  Hopefully they stay in the Aincrad Arc for a long time and don't do a straight adaptation.  Lots of gaps that could be filled in.  Plus that is the most famous part of the show, with the whole death game aspect.

Edited by ben0119
  • Confused 1

On 2/16/2018 at 9:49 AM, elfie said:

Sounds like somebody's jealous. =3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2018 at 4:26 PM, elfie said:

Writing is not something I seek after. I'm in the drawing area.

I should also clarify that the raep scene happens in the second part, which I doubt the movie will reach, anyway.

Yeah but you wouldn't want to be "discovered" by someone with a big bag of money?  Come on.

It's a show not a movie.  And I agree they will probably stick to and expand on the Aincrad Arc.  Like I said earlier it could be redone really well since it had all those time skips and wonky pacing.  Lots of potential.  But either way they won't include stuff like that.