UnevenEdge

the Toonami Tumblr just posted this

mochi

Why are y'all using Toonami's archaic tumblr page to judge whether or not a show is getting replaced?

Also, even if a show is getting replaced, it's not Jojo because they showed clips from the Egypt arc in their recent lineup promo.

Edited by 3ngag3
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, 3ngag3 said:

Also, if a show is getting replaced, it's not Jojo because they showed clips from the Egypt arc in their recent lineup promo.

I read that Stardust Crusaders supposedly has 48 episodes and was wondering, if this season would continue on the block. I wasn't sure if the other episodes were dubbed yet and expected Stardust Crusaders to go on hiatus, so that Viz could finish dubbing the next episodes. Hopefully, all the episodes got dubbed.:)

Edited by PurgatoryGirl

16 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

The original FMA isn't garbage. In fact, an episode of it was the highest-rated program across all pre-Toonami Adult Swim Action!

As far as all action programming on [as] all time is concerned, it's probably top 5 behind DBZ Kai and Akame ga KILL!

TBH I preffer the 2003 FMA anime over brotherhood

2 hours ago, mochi said:

TBH I preffer the 2003 FMA anime over brotherhood

I feel the same way. The final fight in brotherhood was great. But the pacing seemed much slower with an enormous cast of characters. It always felt like there were 10 different stories going at once.

But manga purists will savage anything that deviates from the manga, so there you have it =P

• Like 1

This is the only community I've seen that prefers the first series to Brotherhood, I refuse to call the 2003 one the "original" just because it was first, it differs greatly from the manga.

They're both pretty solid shows and different enough to watch both, but for me Brotherhood had a lot better conclusion and some of the most well executed action in a shonen, especially in the last 13 eps or so it was just a thrill ride.

On 1/25/2018 at 7:49 PM, Daos said:

I feel the same way. The final fight in brotherhood was great. But the pacing seemed much slower with an enormous cast of characters. It always felt like there were 10 different stories going at once.

But manga purists will savage anything that deviates from the manga, so there you have it =P

Some of the end game deaths felt forced too. 

Not to mention, no indication of how the boys felt about their father's death.  The thing with Winrey's earrings is never followed up on.

I didn't like how the first 13 episodes were handled.  Very rushed to get to the new material.  You definitely don't care nearly as much about Nina and Hughes in Brotherhood.  They also cut out things, like the train episode!

I like both series and I believe both have their strengths and weaknesses.  To say which I like better though, I'd probably have to re-watch FMA03.  Been forever since I've seen it.

If only Tokyo Ghoul had adhered to the manga, it would have been GREAT! =3

Edited by ben0119

On 1/25/2018 at 10:30 PM, scope said:

This is the only community I've seen that prefers the first series to Brotherhood, I refuse to call the 2003 one the "original" just because it was first, it differs greatly from the manga.

They're both pretty solid shows and different enough to watch both, but for me Brotherhood had a lot better conclusion and some of the most well executed action in a shonen, especially in the last 13 eps or so it was just a thrill ride.

Differing from the manga isn't necessarily a bad thing.  The Ghost in the Shell movie and Stand Alone Complex series are good.

On 1/27/2018 at 8:23 PM, ben0119 said:

Differing from the manga isn't necessarily a bad thing.  The Ghost in the Shell movie and Stand Alone Complex series are good.

Never said it was bad, just using it to illustrate why I don't consider it the original, or more original than Brotherhood.

On 1/29/2018 at 4:13 PM, mochi said:

tumblr_p34uyltwrr1rvb8cmo1_400.gif

the Toonami Tumblr just posted this gif of Yajirobe eating out Krillin's ass, their exposition for posting it was

" I, uh…huh. "

He's biting his butt, not "eating out his ass."  Remember, Yajirobe has straight up eaten people before, LOL.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

He's biting his butt, not "eating out his ass."  Remember, Yajirobe has straight up eaten people before, LOL.

true but out of context and not knowing that he's a cannibal it looks at first glance like he's tossing Krillin's salad

In fairness, if they ever manage to acquire one more timeslot, perhaps 10 PM, whole-show or season marathons of shows they acquired since the last time they stretched that long would then be possible. Those include Attack on Titan Season 2, One-Punch Man, and, yes, Dimension W.

Considering all 3 were at least modest commercial successes, that wouldn't be a terrible idea!

Edited by OwlChemist81