UnevenEdge

Dragonball Super to end in Japan in March, unknown if this is permanent or a hiatus.

Jman

Just now, Blatch said:

It has to be a hiatus. Toei would be stupid to stop milking their biggest cash cow. A hiatus at least allows them to refresh the production staff and lay out a coherent plan for... probably several more years of the anime to come.

I'd welcome a Haitus if it means when the show returns they'll actually let Vegeta do something genuinely epic again

It's either a hiatus or it's moving to a new timeslot. But this WILL enable Toonami to catch up to the Japanese airing somewhat. We're about to begin a story arc which aired in Summer 2016 in Japan, right? If it takes a hiatus then comes back in October, we could only be like a year behind. Remember, Bleach was a monster hit and it was 2-3 years behind the Japanese airing!

10 hours ago, 3ngag3 said:

Maybe they realized the manga story is better than the shit they put out in the anime and hope to adapt it once it gets ahead.

as much as the Manga removes Vegeta's role even more than the anime does

I agree with this statement because at the very least in the Manga the characters behave in-fucking-character

(except Goku who is literally so bad in the manga that the rest of the cast are actively turning on him now)

to elaborate, the manga took Goku's lackluster parenting skills up a notch and had Vegeta be disgusted enough with Goku's treatment of his family to actively tell Goku to his face that he's a bad person, and apparently in the manga everyone is turning on Goku as he is on a small level partly responsible for the conflict in the current arc and they're all aware of it (in the anime they didn't turn on him) and they have chosen to blame Goku whole-sale for potentially destroying the universe if he's not able to win

Well, that's just great. When it comes to getting the hottest and the best, Toonami can hardly catch a break!

The GOOD news is maybe this time after Kai ends and we've just got Super, maybe Ultra will air concurrent to Super a la what's going on with Super and Kai. Maybe THIS time Toonami will get in on the ground floor and get a Black Clover-style simuldub of Ultra in an earlier timeslot while Super airs in the later?

10 minutes ago, Blatch said:

Wouldn't Dragon Ball Ultra be the preferred progression?

Also, it has some interesting potential for crossovers...

I was making a Joke because the Sailor Moon Anime had an arc called "Sailor Moon Super" which was followed by Sailor Moon "Super S"

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Well, that's just great. When it comes to getting the hottest and the best, Toonami can hardly catch a break!

The GOOD news is maybe this time after Kai ends and we've just got Super, maybe Ultra will air concurrent to Super a la what's going on with Super and Kai. Maybe THIS time Toonami will get in on the ground floor and get a Black Clover-style simuldub of Ultra in an earlier timeslot while Super airs in the later?

Toonami is like 2 years behind them.  They'll have a LOT of time to plan for a good replacement or rescheduling. After that, I wish wish WISH they wouldn't spam the block with so much Dragonball all the time.

Edited by elfie
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, elfie said:

Toonami is like 2 years behind them.  They'll have a LOT of time to plan for a good replacement or rescheduling. After that, I wish wish WISH they wouldn't spam the block with so much Dragonball all the time.

It's 1.5 years, almost exactly. Well, ok, probably more like 1.67 years, due to Toonami's approximately 2 months worth of marathons & the April Fool's stunt, but that doesn't change the fact that since Super premiered in Japan in July 2015 and on Toonami on 1/7/17, at least when they started they were pretty much exactly 1.5 years apart. 

Kai ends in June, and this new series I'm calling Dragon Ball Ultra, or DBU, for lack of a better name, would likely begin in October. As I stated before, I think we could end up with a situation in which DBU starts the block and leads into DBS, like what we have right now with Super and Kai. And as for Kai, I can't overstate its value from the beginning as an "anchor" show for the back of the block.

Edited by OwlChemist81

2 hours ago, StarPanda said:

Dragon Ball Super Shippuden

Dragon Ball Super Brotherhood 

Dragon Ball Super 2nd gig

honestly

I would love to see them remake GT....except make it actually good

I'd like to See Pan go Super Saiyan

I'd like to have Goku be an adult in it

I'd like to see Vegeta actually be engaged in the battles

if they return from the haitus and the return has a timeskip to Teenage pan, than I'll consider it a win

Edited by mochi

On 1/19/2018 at 11:20 AM, elfie said:

Remember when people asked for Dragon Ball and when it wasn't available Demarco claimed they didn't need it? :D Of course as soon as it was up for grabs they pounced on it.

But hey, welcome the new contender, Black Clover! :D Truly a worthy successor!

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, mochi said:

how do you think I feel?

I'm talking about the way you're acting, blowing things out of proportion, twisting things, and constantly whining.  Hell, if anything, Super has treated Vegeta better since he's much more on par with Goku now.

• Like 2

On 1/19/2018 at 11:41 AM, mochi said:

I was making a Joke because the Sailor Moon Anime had an arc called "Sailor Moon Super" which was followed by Sailor Moon "Super S"

What, you've never heard of the Ultra Series? I'm pretty sure they could work those giant alien dudes into it somehow.

11 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

You guys do realize that Toonami still has over a year's worth of Super left in the bag to air?

If there's any time to panic about Super in relation to block, now is not the time. So shut the fuck up.

also the implication is that they're going to resume production of Super but with a name change after the new Dragonball Movie finishes production

so basically it's just a Haitus so they can focus all their work on the new movie

THAT, or they're taking the Sailor moon Crystal season 4 approach and are going to continue Super's story purely in the form of movies as opposed to making any more episodes

2 hours ago, PurgatoryGirl said:

Spot on! I purposely leave my TV turned off, until the Dragon Ball franchise is done for the night. DeMarco blows this entire franchise WAY too damn hard. It's overkill.

Blame Toei for trying to milk this franchise to high Heaven to begin with. The pickins are otherwise very slim for flagship Toonami shows that aren't snatched up by either Netflix, Hulu, Hi-DIVE, Amazon, etc.

Edited by elfie

What is the next show to end on the block after Lupin? Since DeMarco is on that kick of re-airing older shows, he should bring back Witch Hunter Robin. It's not like it got played up the ass like Cowboy Bebop and Inuyasha. Otherwise, there are still other shows, that have been overlooked throughout the last 17 years. 

Full Metal Panic, Black Blood Brothers, Devil May Cry, and Tenjo Tenge are just a few examples. There's also Shakugan no Shana, Kaze no Stigma, Black Butler, Beelzebub, the Fate/Stay Night franchise, etc.

Edited by PurgatoryGirl

12 minutes ago, PurgatoryGirl said:

What is the next show to end on the block after Lupin? Since DeMarco is on that kick of re-airing older shows, he should bring back Witch Hunter Robin. It's not like it got played up the ass like Cowboy Bebop and Inuyasha. Otherwise, there are still other shows, that have been overlooked throughout the last 17 years. 

Full Metal Panic, Black Blood Brothers, Devil May Cry, and Tenjo Tenge are just a few examples. There's also Shakugan no Shana, Kaze no Stigma, Black Butler, Beelzebub, the Fate/Stay Night franchise, etc.

I'm just waiting for the day they remove Naruto from the Block, I don't care what replaces it, it has over-stayed it's welcome

• Thanks 2

I forgot to mention Blue Exorcist. Both seasons should be aired starting with a re-airing of Season 1 in its entirety. After re-airing Season 1, follow it up with Season 2.

That may not be the best idea with Blue Exorcist since it REALLY goes off the rails in Season 1! Like the first 15-16 episodes are all that is canonical; the rest is crazy fast-paced, but it's all filler! Season 2 pretty much picks up where the canonical portion of Season 1 left off with very little explanation, or at least it seemed that way from the one episode that I watched.

Black Clover, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, and Naruto Shippuden are the only shows I'm currently watching on Toonami. The rest of the current shows, I don't care to watch especially not Dragon Ball.

Only one I'm actually watching is Shippuden

JoJo is shit

Hxh is shit

Dragon Ball is over played

Clover was a horrible choice

Gits is a repeat 

Outlaw star isn't hd 

Bebop is just a filler

Lupin is the 90s reject 

Gundam is what? Demarco's masturbation material since he loves old shit 

5 minutes ago, elfie said:

... not Hunter x Hunter??

... Not Outlaw Star?

Nope! Depending on the way Toonami's schedule is arranged, I watch old music videos on MTV Classic, while waiting for certain Toonami shows. I get a bigger kick out of watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure because there's always a character named after retro artists and bands.

Speaking of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, did anyone catch the Michael Jackson and Prince name drops in the latest episode? Michael and Prince used to be friends. I'm surprised there was no name drop of Vanity.xD

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, PurgatoryGirl said:

Nope! Depending on the way Toonami's schedule is arranged, I watch old music videos on MTV Classic, while waiting for certain Toonami shows. I get a bigger kick out of watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure because there's always a character named after retro artists and bands.

Speaking of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, did anyone catch the Michael Jackson and Prince name drops in the latest episode? Michael and Prince used to be friends. I'm surprised there was no name drop of Vanity.xD

Thanks; now I'm gonna have to rewatch and listen for that!

Edit: it seems pretty subtle, but "Hail 2 U" is the Prince Reference, right? And maybe Polnareff-Land is like Michael Jackson's "Neverland?"

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Thanks; now I'm gonna have to rewatch and listen for that!

Yeah, it was that scene when they all were at Avdol's father's house and he was feeding his chicken's, Prince and Michael. Viewers who are 30 years old and younger and don't know much about music will probably have a more difficult time trying to understand the music references in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Because I am a music lover and grew up during the 1980's and '90s, I can easily recognize who and what these characters are talking about. Also, the stand that Polaneriff was fighting with was named after the singer, Cameo. Oh God! 2 decades later and I still hate Cameo's song "Word Up."