Irma is now a category 5 storm

Phillies

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i only have the gas in my car. i don't have a generator. if shit get real bad i can go north as long as the roads aren't completely fucked

mere RAIN fucked us up for weeks. the gas could help me make it to atlanta which is what id do if we lose water and power for a week like we did with hugo. i would stay but i cant have my daughter suffer with no running water.

Some people on Twitter were saying they heard the PM state 1000 were dead earlier today but that was due to poor audio or something, apparently he didn't say that at all. I'd be surprised if it's just 1 dead considering the island was like all the way destroyed but that's all I've been able to find.

“It is clear that Antigua and Barbuda has stood up to a mighty test,” he wrote in the statement posted to Facebook.

But he revised his opinion after taking a helicopter ride to survey the damage to Barbuda, which is just 30 miles north of Antigua.

“I never contemplated any possibility that you could have such a contrast,” he said of the relative destruction.

Really stupid of him to say what he said earlier today before anyone was even able to contact the island he wasn't on.

fucking everything selling out. guess i better actually go into the store and shop like some pleib instead of doing online pickup. fuck!

actually i just decided to cancel bread, milk, eggs and water off my online pickup order and go to the store and got those things myself leaving like 40 items for pickup. fuck shopping. ive evolved past it lol.

Start filling up the buckets with tap water.

Make some ice too while you are at it even if that consists of some plastic cups half full. If you lose power and it seems like it'll be a bit before things turn back on, you can move the ice from the freezer to the fridge and only go into the fridge if you Really need to - that will help keep the food in the fridge from going bad quite so fast. When the ice melts, you can still drink it if needed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/06/world/americas/hurricane-irma-update.html

This is bad, if Irma doesn't calm her tits she might level parts of Florida as well

I thought witnessing Sandy was bad, that ain't nothin' compared to the devastation this hurricane can bring

To all the peeps in Irma's path stay safe

pail[/member] imchapp.in[/member]

I'm all stocked up on goods and have metal shutters up. Also live inland enough where it doesn't flood, so it'll probably be on-par with Francis or Wilma from the mid 2000's once it makes landfall by where I'm at. At most, the only thing I'd have to worry about is power or road blockage. Other than that, it's looking to be like any other hurricane by the time it gets here.