UnevenEdge

Lionsgate Naruto is happening, Kishimoto on board as consultant

Jman

I'm curious if they're gonna cast asian actors to play all the characters....or be typical hollywood and cast nothing but white people

I'm sure it's not going to matter to the quality of the movie.

It's gonna look like cosplayers jumping around a green screen, isn't it? Their outfits have that quintessential "this looks terrible in real life" quality to it on par with Tetsuya Nomura's zipper wear.

I'd like to think Kishimoto would help redesign them to look presentable, but again, doubt it.

I'm curious if they're gonna cast asian actors to play all the characters....or be typical hollywood and cast nothing but white people

Seeing as it's a different universe, there cant just be all Asian people. There are a lot of different lands/countries/villages. For there to be all Asian actors wouldn't make any sense at all.

Uhh, most of the characters don't look Asian.  Uchihas, Hyugas, should probably be Asian.  Rock Lee and Might Guy should be Asian, as they're clearly based on Bruce Lee.  Shikamaru and Shino, probably.  But I mean, Naruto himself has blonde hair and blue eyes...

It's sort of like Bleach.  Kubo gave all the Soul Reapers Japanese names because of theming (Hollows and Arrancars are Spanish, Fullbring American, Quincies German), yet many of them clearly aren't Japanese.  Not sure for Kishimoto's reason.  Probably just couldn't or didn't want to think of non-Japanese names, and it is about ninja, so makes sense to use Japanese names.

You could make an argument for half of them.  But having them all played by white dudes?  Even Shikamaru?  Hinata where her being Asian is why fanboys liked her in the first place?  You don't whitewash that.

Did you not read my reply to Mochi?  I said the Uchihas, Hyugas, Might Guy, Rock Lee, Shikamaru, and Shino should probably be Asian.  And Japanese people are Asian so why would they fetishize an Asian girl like Hinata?

It wasn't the Japanese that fetishized her.  Although she's probably been applied to every fetish.

On the costume tip, Kishi did some game art where Naruto got a suit akin to Jim Lee's Cyclops outfit.  Give him something redesigned like that.

It wasn't the Japanese that fetishized her.  Although she's probably been applied to every fetish.

On the costume tip, Kishi did some game art where Naruto got a suit akin to Jim Lee's Cyclops outfit.  Give him something redesigned like that.

Well, it doesn't get much better than Asian girls with big tits. 

1KntW07P254.jpg

That's like... having your cake and eating it too.  And I always liked Hinata, but I wasn't obsessed with her or anything.  And I mean... she's at least better than Orihime, who did fuck all, right?

Really?  Interesting.  You know Naruto's "part II" costume isn't too bad, but still... so much orange.  Maybe invert the black and orange, I dunno.  Hair would probably have to be... scaled back, at least on some characters.  Even seemingly "normal looking" anime characters, like Asada, look silly in real life.

16870524997_e2be1e339f_b.jpg

I hate when they do this because anime characters NEVER look white.

johan-johan-liebert-20223845-640-480.jpg

to be fair Naruto might actually be white since Konoha seems to be based on America (the have a mount Rushmore in their villiage) so I'm actually okay with Naruto being white if they so choose to cast him as white.....Sasuke not so much cause he actually looks asian(His eyes are almond shaped and black)

also being blonde aside that character who's picture you chose actually has asian features

if you had used Sailor Moon tumblr_inline_njpzpvBktT1rm43mm.png(who has huge round blue eyes and blonde hair) it would've been a better example

They could get away with adding white people to Naruto by virtue that there's some characters that have blue eyes and blonde hair, but most of the characters do look Japanese moreso than American. However, I'm curious more by what they'll do with Sakura, because she doesn't even have a natural hair color. Her and Ino could be white, but will she still have bubblegum pink hair, or are they going to change it in a bid to make it more realistic? As ill advised as the live action Bleach or Death Note are, they wouldn't be a complete nightmare for the costume designers like Naruto would.