UnevenEdge

FLCL Seasons 2 and 3 Trailer

Looks promising so far.

Please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good

I still think this is the definition of unnecessary sequel.

2016 - 2017- 2018 is the Tri-year of Unnecessary sequels :|

I say that, because PPG 2016 was from last year.....every other unneeded reboot is from this one however (edit: also next year)

lets just wait and see how good or bad the FLCL sequel is

I still think this is the definition of unnecessary sequel.

They captured lightning in a bottle with that first season. Threw a bunch of stuff together and somehow had it work.

I think the odds they can recapture that magic are pretty low, but here's hoping.

They captured lightning in a bottle with that first season. Threw a bunch of stuff together and somehow had it work.

I think the odds they can recapture that magic are pretty low, but here's hoping.

That's one reason I still have reservations. The first FLCL were OVAs born from giving amateur animators at Gainax free reign to experiment and create their own short story with a decent budget and incentive to get weird with it.

FLCL 2 & 3 seem like they came about because Americans won't shut up about wanting a sequel, and Gainax has nothing better to do since Anno's been holding out on Eva 4.44 and the rest of their creative department that made good shows moved to Trigger.

Strangely, reportedly Kari Wahlgren hasn't been asked to reprise Haruko yet  ???

Maybe they haven't cast yet, I know dubs often happen pretty close to airing

Patience Grasshopper.  Dubs take time to make. Not everyone is Funimation.  It took Erica Mendez a while to hear about reprising Akko for the LWA TV series but she eventually did.

I foresee this getting the Jack treatment. First few episodes are amazing, then it falls into meh. Haruko will probably be the Aku of the series, be more downplayed in tone and only show up once every three to five episodes. Bonus Jack points if they give her a new VA that can't pull off the role.

Strangely, reportedly Kari Wahlgren hasn't been asked to reprise Haruko yet  ???

Maybe they haven't cast yet, I know dubs often happen pretty close to airing

get ready to have flashbacks to the disgusting voice Funimation replaced Ryoko's voice with

I foresee this getting the Jack treatment. First few episodes are amazing, then it falls into meh. Haruko will probably be the Aku of the series, be more downplayed in tone and only show up once every three to five episodes. Bonus Jack points if they give her a new VA that can't pull off the role.

Unless

Naota returns as an adult and kicks asserage.