UnevenEdge

-

Guest poof

70pWV2D.jpg

I'm not gonna say they totally get what I'm all about but they're pretty close.

I'm pretty sure this is how "The Stand" happened

The Captain Trip's virus  that wipes out most of humanity

some lady banged the "Anti Christ" aka Randall Flagg aka The Man in Black

I'm not going to spoil the ending but the dog "Kojak" lives

I don't think I've ever actually read a Stephen King book now that I think about it

Edit: I read his short story "1408" after liking the movie so much

The Shining and The Stand are his best books.

The Dead Zone is also really good.

If you want maximum cornball schlock made by a coked-out-of-his-mind Steve you should watch Maximum Overdrive.

i haven't seen it. Any good? Stephen King screen adaptions seem hit or miss to me

It's Stephen King so usually the movie endings are better than the books, he's great until nearly like 9.8 through the book then rushes the ending

Salem's Lot is by far my favorite book by him 

I loved the Dark Tower Series and still nerd out over it to this day but the first book is kinda like "dafuq?"  until you read the 4th book which gives the backstory.  It gets better, and better and then the 7th book comes along and you're like "What kind of ending is this?" 

the Shining is one of my fav classic horror movies. I probably should read it. I read a lot a lot of fiction when I was younger, but for the last like 10 years I've mostly read nonfiction & biographies.

Great movie but it's totally Kubrick's vision. The book goes a lot more into why Jack turns out the way he does and has a different ending as well.

Also Wendy's not just a terrified lamppost in the book like she is for most of the movie.

i see the 'the mist' is series now. i have it dvr'd, but haven't started it.

because of the 8 other things i have dvr'd and haven't gotten too.  :|

Stephen King adaptations are usually good but then he decided he wanted to do it himself and ruined movies like Carrie, The Shining and Under the Dome.(was a TV series)

I won't be watching The Mist.  I have too much shit on my DVR as is >:D

Stephen King adaptations are usually good but then he decided he wanted to do it himself and ruined movies like Carrie, The Shining and Under the Dome.(was a TV series)

'the dome' should have never happened. the book was awesome, and i was so excited for the series. and about ep2, it went all kinds of off the track.

'the dome' should have never happened. the book was awesome, and i was so excited for the series. and about ep2, it went all kinds of off the track.

I absolutely LOVED the book but the series was really nothing like it and it could have been  instead of going full retard >:D

I've never read The Dome, but the show made me rage-quit. The Stand miniseries doesn't stick in my memory other than the M-O-O-N dude who was on Coach, The Shining was never my thing, I loved Silver Bullet, watching Dead Zone just makes me depressed now because I want that ending in the real world, and Kingdom Hospital was a good show because of the cast and being a decent length. I can't remember how good Needful Things was, but I think I enjoyed Storm of the Century. I'm lazy and wait for marathons to pop up on tv around Halloween or some kind of Stephen King anniversary.

I've never read The Dome, but the show made me rage-quit. The Stand miniseries doesn't stick in my memory other than the M-O-O-N dude who was on Coach, The Shining was never my thing, I loved Silver Bullet, watching Dead Zone just makes me depressed now because I want that ending in the real world, and Kingdom Hospital was a good show because of the cast and being a decent length. I can't remember how good Needful Things was, but I think I enjoyed Storm of the Century. I'm lazy and wait for marathons to pop up on tv around Halloween or some kind of Stephen King anniversary.

The Dome is a huge 1,000+ page book but it reads really fast.  The book had aliens but it wasn't stupid like the show, I stopped watching mid-way into season 2 and never regretted it.

Needful Things was another great book but I don't recall if I saw the movie. 

Scariest book by Stephen King, for me, was Cell, it was about people having their brains scrambled by cell phones.  Didn't fuck with my phone for a week >:D

The Dome is a huge 1,000+ page book but it reads really fast.  The book had aliens but it wasn't stupid like the show, I stopped watching mid-way into season 2 and never regretted it.

Needful Things was another great book but I don't recall if I saw the movie. 

Scariest book by Stephen King, for me, was Cell, it was about people having their brains scrambled by cell phones.  Didn't fuck with my phone for a week >:D

'needful things' was not terrible on the boob tube.

'the cell' pretty much kept up with the book, and again wasn't terrible...like right above.

i am very interested to see 'the dark tower:the gun slinger'  i hope they don't fubar this.

*edit*  'shawshank' was very well done...considering

'needful things' was not terrible on the boob tube.

'the cell' pretty much kept up with the book, and again wasn't terrible...like right above.

i am very interested to see 'the dark tower:the gun slinger'  i hope they don't fubar this.

*edit*  'shawshank' was very well done...considering

How could I forget Shawshank and The Geeen Mile?

Rita Hayworth and The Shawshank Redemption was a great short story made into an even better movie and The Green Mile, both book and movie makes me cry like a wus