UnevenEdge

Tokyo Ghoul episode 8 "Circular" discussion

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is LITERALLY saying out loud what the conflict and theme is.  I don't know how clearer he can say what this show is about. Now I have no idea how they're gonna put an end to it.

The theme was obvious early on, but this should have been spelled out by the characters early in the series. They took too long establishing the world of this series to fit the 12 episode frame, and the pacing was off for that reason.

this show is a rather interesting insight into how Japan views Gay people

the Ghouls are a metaphor for the Aids epidemic

that's like saying The Sith Are Gay People And The Jedi Are Republicans trying to bring balance to the force by eradicating the dark side of the force...that being gays

could you stop trying to find a anti gay conspiracy in every anime?

He is LITERALLY saying out loud what the conflict and theme is.  I don't know how clearer he can say what this show is about. Now I have no idea how they're gonna put an end to it.

Whatever end season 2 may have it's all filler we know that, I just wonder if season 3 will continue

It's mommy.  Well, what's left of her.

The show is really bludgeoning us over the head here.  Subtlety is not its forte.

Sorry but I can't take that mask seriously.

Kaniki thinks he can make peace because he's half and half.  Good luck with that.

Now the little girl is fighting.  She has a combo of both Kagunes.  Cool.

Big eye guy is dead.  Thought for sure this show would milk more mileage out of his evilness.  Again really lazy way to make us sympathize with the ghouls.

He has a wedding ring.  So?

Oh hey it's that guy they showed for like 2 minutes.

Why the hell does Amon care about the big eye guy?

Come on your all broken up over that asshole dying?

Thank goodness he's dead!

Don't care if you were married since you took this too far, you were a sadistic bastard taking it to such extremes at this point in life even using the dead dad as bait.

Amon didn't seem to like that guy much before, so I'm not sure why he raged that much.

no episode of this show is good, never say that again :|

I was hoping for a better show.

With Lupin coming to Toonami, there are more shows I'll skip than shows I'll watch.  If the current trend in shitty (IMO) shows continues, well, I hope it doesn't.

I was hoping for a better show.

With Lupin coming to Toonami, there are more shows I'll skip than shows I'll watch.  If the current trend in shitty (IMO) shows continues, well, I hope it doesn't.

I like Lupin so THANK GOD for Lupin IMO

I preffer shows with no empty promises of gay representation because then I can't empathise  with any (horrible) charactes then feel bad when they die

if every character is straight I can't see myself in them and won't care at all when they die

Does anyone else think that the mother and daughter are both way too forced an emotional punch in this show?

Ha!  Lame punch, kid!

Wow that power looked like it's from Bleach.  Oddly, same animation studio.

Of course.  So is the big eye guy BAHAHAHAHA I'M SO EVIL FEEL SORRY FOR THE GHOULS!  Lots of stuff in this show like that.

Dead daddy's power reminds me of Zabimaru.

I like Lupin so THANK GOD for Lupin IMO

I preffer shows with no empty promises of gay representation because then I can't empathise  with any (horrible) charactes then feel bad when they die

if every character is straight I can't see myself in them and won't care at all when they die

HYPOCRITICAL HETEROPHOBE!!!!!!  :D :D :D :D :D

By the way,  there's no proof this show is a metaphor for gay people.  You're making it that so you have something to cry about.