UnevenEdge

reminiscing about Akame ga Kill

mochi

I belive I mentioned this back on either the Lithium or node boards but it was brought up last night during Drunk Toonami chat

"Dr. Stylish" the gay villain they killed off Bulaut for in AGK's face was a Caricature of the fashion designer Christian Siriano

file_55_6369_top-project-runway-hairstyles-christian-siriano-10.jpg

283529.jpg

I just find it amusing

The best thing about it was all the hentai it spawned. The worst thing about it was its story, characters, and existence. The only silver lining was that it was better than the manga, but that's like saying the trash bin in your house is better than the trash bin at Burger King.

The best thing about it was all the hentai it spawned. The worst thing about it was its story, characters, and existence. The only silver lining was that it was better than the manga, but that's like saying the trash bin in your house is better than the trash bin at Burger King.

considering I've never seen any Gay bara art of Bulaut I disagree

granted I haven't looked

The thing is for how edgelord the cast was it still resonates with people.

Our hero the perennial loser - Who gets turned into a badass and eventually gets a magic suit of armor that makes him a henshin hero.

Waifus.

Evil waifus.

And insane flamboyant men.

This all equaled huge ratings, so...yeah.

The thing is for how edgelord the cast was it still resonates with people.

Our hero the perennial loser - Who gets turned into a badass and eventually gets a magic suit of armor that makes him a henshin hero.

Waifus.

Evil waifus.

And insane flamboyant men.

This all equaled huge ratings, so...yeah.

If Akame ga Kill got great ratings, it's a testament to the horrible taste of the viewers.

I'd rather keep the animated versions of Bols' wife and daughter safe and free from clown-based terror, thank you very much. :it:

I'd rather see a Version of AGK where Bulaut is the only character to survive all the way to the end

There's a One Piece joke here but that horse is glue by now.

I'll give you that despite being far worse in nearly every aspect, at least Akame ga Kill had the decency to end.

But then again I suppose, in a certain respect, so did One Piece.  >:D

A new show that fixes everything that was wrong in the first show.

..... no wait. Then it would be an entirely different show.

no kidding,

changes I'd make would be

1.Bulaut doesn't die

2.Chelsea doesn't exist (I hated her that much)

3. entirely new more original character designs

4. less Clichees

5. a love interest for Bulaut who's equally as manly as him

6. not every girl wanting to fuck Tatsumi

7. Esdeath being much creepier and less sexy

8. less Higurashi faces (I find them to be an incredibly stupid way to entice a horrified reaction out of a viewer, if anything they just make me laugh

29pvu6w.jpg

)

9. the Bizzaros still exist but are made more interesting somehow

10. Tatsumi does not die (though he can sustain an injury making Akame still have to be the one who makes it to the final battle)

11. Lime Green Sanji gets killed much earier

12. all the Gay villians get redeemed and join the heroes...that or they don't exist in the first place

hell I'm tempted to rip-off AGK but make it better....granted I can never commit to an ongoing comic ::]::

Remove that condition and we're golden. ::]::

if you insist(I kinda just threw that in there because I hated her)

edit: in fact

Alernate condition 7. only Mine and Esdeath wanna Crumple Tatsumi's Gurns and Mine gets to kill Esdeath instead of Akame

The show was so anime it hurt, and the ratings were through the roof.

I'm going to let this sit with all of you.

My faith in humanity's continued existence faded when I realized that there are people who genuinely enjoy the Big Bang Theory, so the fact that Akame ga Kill got good ratings is the least of my concerns.

My faith in humanity's continued existence faded when I realized that there are people who genuinely enjoy the Big Bang Theory...

Not to be rude or anything, but that's a stupid reason to lose your faith in humanity. :|

But really, the fact that everyone I know IRL who watched the show loved it while everyone I know on the internet who watched it hated it is the true anomaly here.

Not to be rude or anything, but that's a stupid reason to lose your faith in humanity. :|

But really, the fact that everyone I know IRL who watched the show loved it while everyone I know on the internet who watched it hated it is the true anomaly here.

I don't personally know too many people who like the show.  Though admittedly I'm a bit biased, since I was in a science major, and it seems that most people in science majors tend to hate the show.

I don't personally know too many people who like the show.  Though admittedly I'm a bit biased, since I was in a science major, and it seems that most people in science majors tend to hate the show.

People don't like the show that says they're antisocial freaks?

Never would have guessed.

What I loved were the claims that it "humanizes being nerdy."  And then you watch 10 seconds, hear the first canned laugh at someone mentioning they play D&D, and realize no, it's every bit a piece of fucking shit.

Seriously, the fact that people keep paying Chuck Lorre to make shows is nauseating.

In equal fairness, most of the people IRL I've heard say love it, I heard them say that when I was in middle school and high school. I didn't really bring it up in college, 'cause that was when I learned of its surprisingly large hatedom. But even then, I'm certain it would've been half and half.

I don't have the lack of heart to call TBBT shit like the rest of you critics, but I will admit that it actually was kind of overrated.

Top Gun[/member] And as usual, it's a pleasure to see that your scathing opinions of things I liked at one time still make me sick to my fucking stomach. >(

Now, moving back onto the topic at hand, remember this meme I created?

PSoXVXJ.jpg

[good times]