UnevenEdge

I don't know where to go on vacation.

Kagome-san101

**EDIT looking for honest opinions, again, feel free to troll, but also maybe think about where you would want to go***

Here's the deal: we are planning a family vacation.

we haven't been on one in YEARS, because we all have differentt schedules.

I have been blessed to travel the world with my Grandmother, God rest her soul.

SO these people want to go of Washington.

like... nothing against Washington state, it's beautiful and majestic and the mountains and blah blah blah, but it's basically just a colder, prettier version of Connecticut. With better (and probably friendlier) people.

THIS IS VACATION PEOPLE. THE USA IS AWESOME AND ALL BUT IT'S PRETTY FREAKING DULL COMPARED TO THE ALTERNATIVE.

MEANING EVERYWHERE ELSE.

we have the opportunity and funds to, literally, go anywhere.

THE WORLD IS OUR OYSTER.

so, we have discussed NOT leaving the country, however, these are our options.

where would you go?

p.s. I know Quebec isn't in the USA but it's still in Northern America, so it counts.

p.s.s. I really do love this country.... kind of.............. not trying to hate on anyones home state <3

******p.s.s.s. we have all been to Hawaii a few times (expect my sister)

my father has been to Alaska

we have all been to Canada

I have never been to California

the dude ranch sounds fucking awesome

THE ONLY problem with Hawaii, is that we've all been there a few times, only my sister hasn't.

now I would be THRILLEDDDDDDDDD to go back!!!!!!!!!!

that's my number one choice!

never been there before.

but ii dont usually travel much and hawaii just is so nice. i'd be interested in going to caribbean islands or some other nice gulf island.

Guest The Hound

Philadelphia  :fap:

<3

::spin::

;)

we have cheese steaks

the liberty bell

uh

sports teams

and a lot of art museums  :|

oh and some old buildings.

never been there before.

but ii dont usually travel much and hawaii just is so nice. i'd be interested in going to caribbean islands or some other nice gulf island.

if you have a choice between Hawaii and Caribbean islands, choose Hawaii!

the Caribbean is beautiful, but Hawaii is an EXPERIENCE!

st Thomas is one of my favorites along with st Maarten, but for real.......

do hawaii

California.  Not to brag about my home state, especially since there are a lot of places here I would never ever go, but there is something for everyone here.  If you like mountains, we have the tallest in the continguous 48, and they're mere hours from the ocean.  We have busy beaches and empty beaches.  We have a couple wine countries.  We have deserts and forests.  And, there's Disneyland, lol.

Really, There is a lot you can do here and it's all in close proximity to others.

California.  Not to brag about my home state, especially since there are a lot of places here I would never ever go, but there is something for everyone here.  If you like mountains, we have the tallest in the continguous 48, and they're mere hours from the ocean.  We have busy beaches and empty beaches.  We have a couple wine countries.  We have deserts and forests.  And, there's Disneyland, lol.

Really, There is a lot you can do here and it's all in close proximity to others.

I think you just decided my family vacation...

not for nothing, that was the perfect advertisement for your state!

I would love to go to the vineyards <3

and not for nothing, that described us to a T!

YOU WIN!

Guest The Hound

hahahahaha!!!!  >:D >:D

Honestly my city is more interesting to me, so I'd just be a side attraction for you  :D

Mackinaw island

Dude. No.

Thats not a thrilling and super fun vacation. Its alright... relaxing, and whatever. but thats just a nice looking place michiganders take their wee ones to eat fudge, ride bikes, and take carriages. Or for newly weds tryin to be all romantic. Its kinda just blah.

I voted for Hawaii before I read the thread, since I've been there a few times and I loved it. But since most of you have been there a few times, I don't know.

I have a brother who has been to Alaska, and he seemed to love it, though I think a lot of that had to do with hunting and/or fishing, and I don't know if those activities are things these particular family members of your do. It would be a trip to be in a place with so much daylight though, depending on when that happens.

I'm from California, and have been here my whole life. I don't find it anything particularly spectacular, but scoob described it in a way to make me be proud of my state.  :D I guess he does have a point, so many different landscapes, plus Disneyland. Also, we have Yosemite National Park, which is lovely.

My recommendation is New Orleans but its gonna be hot as sweaty balls down there. I would still go tho. The music, food, and culture is damn worth it.

Otherwise my vote is hawaii cuz thats the only place on your list I really want to go. Only ever been in SoCal which I enjoyed but also wasn't real impressed by.  Its kinda just nice cuz I get to spend time with my brother and be away for a while.

I guess it really depends on what you all like to do together when on vacation. I prefer mine to be mostly music oriented or outdoors activities like hiking, biking, camping biz if I can help it.

My recommendation is New Orleans but its gonna be hot as sweaty balls down there. I would still go tho. The music, food, and culture is damn worth it.

Otherwise my vote is hawaii cuz thats the only place on your list I really want to go. Only ever been in SoCal which I enjoyed but also wasn't real impressed by.  Its kinda just nice cuz I get to spend time with my brother and be away for a while.

I guess it really depends on what you all like to do together when on vacation. I prefer mine to be mostly music oriented or outdoors activities like hiking, biking, camping biz if I can help it.

You need to go to NorCal

I think you just decided my family vacation...

not for nothing, that was the perfect advertisement for your state!

I would love to go to the vineyards <3

and not for nothing, that described us to a T!

YOU WIN!

Well, we have a few of those to visit.  What else are you looking to do?

Dude. No.

Thats not a thrilling and super fun vacation. Its alright... relaxing, and whatever. but thats just a nice looking place michiganders take their wee ones to eat fudge, ride bikes, and take carriages. Or for newly weds tryin to be all romantic. Its kinda just blah.

traverse city?

^ This. I'll brag about our home state for the both of us. Cali is awesome. Plus we have a corgi beach day in the summer  8)

Although with one big earthquake you could become the next atlantis without warning

Although with one big earthquake you could become the next atlantis without warning

Different regions of the state are more likely to be hit by earthquakes than others. I lived in the Bay Area from 1983-1995. I experienced a handful of earthquakes, only one big. I lived in SoCal for about a year and a half in 2013-2014. I experienced one small quake. I've been living in Fresno the rest of the time, and have only experienced two small earthquakes the entire time.... both like last year and within one week of each other.  ::spin::