UnevenEdge

Attack on Titan S2, Episode 1: "Beast Titan"

Blatch

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That episode seemed very brief.

But of course, to reiterate my previous thoughts: This is bringing up more questions and providing no answers. The Titans are a fucking mystery.

And according to friends who read the manga, this "always more questions than answers" trend is prevalent even until now. That's a sign of bad writing from the mangaka, who's obviously making shit up as he goes along.

But of course, to reiterate my previous thoughts: This is bringing up more questions and providing no answers. The Titans are a fucking mystery.

And according to friends who read the manga, this "always more questions than answers" trend is prevalent even until now. That's a sign of bad writing from the mangaka, who's obviously making shit up as he goes along.

Well, that's not good.  I tend not to like creators who have a great idea but can't follow through.  Maybe the anime will continue to diverge and actually make answers on their own.  (I heard the Titan in the walls isn't in the manga).

Guess we don't get topicals or next-episode previews this time. That's unfortunate!

Man, that's a shame, it was really cool seeing them make those each week for season 1, though I guess it's not that shocking perhaps given that we're now watching only 3 weeks behind so maybe they can't get the footage from Funi a week ahead in order to make a ep preview promo. :(

Well, that's not good.  I tend not to like creators who have a great idea but can't follow through.  Maybe the anime will continue to diverge and actually make answers on their own.  (I heard the Titan in the walls isn't in the manga).

First good sign of a writer is one who: (1) Knows how the story begins, (2) knows how the story ends, and (3) knows what to do in-between. That's not the vibe I get from his work.

I still think Annie's crystal cocoon is bullshit.  This author really loves to drip feed progress on the information in this series.

Why is it a bigger deal that Wall Rose in particular was breached?  They need to show that map again.

The Titans are as delightfully weird and creepy looking as ever.  Whoa, they went into fast running zombie mode!

It's a... Bigfoot Titan?  It can talk?!  "We."  They're working together... collaborating?  Well, we kind of got that idea with Annie, but still...

Second best to Levi, my ass.  This dude is toast.

Annnnd it's over already.  Can't say the pacing feels much better to me.

I still think Annie's crystal cocoon is bullshit.  This author really loves to drip feed progress on the information in this series.

Why is it a bigger deal that Wall Rose in particular was breached?  They need to show that map again.

The Titans are as delightfully weird and creepy looking as ever.  Whoa, they went into fast running zombie mode!

It's a... Bigfoot Titan?  It can talk?!  "We."  They're working together... collaborating?  Well, we kind of got that idea with Annie, but still...

Second best to Levi, my ass.  This dude is toast.

Annnnd it's over already.  Can't say the pacing feels much better to me.

Wall Rose IIRC is one of the inner walls so if titans are within Wall Rose then things are getting worse and worse for human kind.

Whether it's that or the the author really just wants to draw these mysteries out it's still annoying as fuck.

First good sign of a writer is one who: (1) Knows how the story begins, (2) knows how the story ends, and (3) knows what to do in-between. That's not the vibe I get from his work.

That's why I tend to like works (anime, manga, books, TV show, movies, etc.) that have a beginning, middle, and end.  Not ones that go on and on and on and on...

Whether it's that or the the author really just wants to draw these mysteries out it's still annoying as fuck.

Either way, it's the sign of someone who's not very good at drawing people in. At least, that should be the case in theory. But the manga is still making gangbusters in Japan, so the junk story telling will continue.

The manga doesn't.  Apparently, it just goes on and on without any real plot development.  The author seems to have had a good idea with creating the series, but quickly ran out of steam.

It's possible he's trying to One Piece/ Naruto/ Fairy Tail this thing and draw it out for as long as he can.