UnevenEdge

Due at my $4/hour job in less than 8 hours

NaBarney

Gotta leave in 3 hours to get there, still on foot.

It's so bad. The customers are so bad, the job is shitty too of course, getting caught in the rain at 6am yesterday sucked, but it's the class of people who really ruin it. I was going to expand on this but I can't even get into it. People are just so crazy. Where I live is the trashville sector so it's like 800 micro transactions a shift. I did make one rookie mistake when busy which would've cost someone a whole $.80 and they went off, which I'm cool with, like yeah it's crazy to get that upset over exactly 80 cents but still, my bad. The manager made it right by basically giving them their .80 back via a convoluted discount because the dude kept crying and wouldn't leave when she told him there was nothing to be done. Idk what I would've done had it happened when I was on my own other than literally paying him a dollar out of the register to leave.

Every other crazy person getting angry had nothing to do with me being new or anything I did, that's just how they are every day out in the world responding to stimuli. I couldn't believe it was really happening at times, one lady was almost crying in frustration and blaming me and the manager because she couldn't figure out how to work something. The stories my coworkers have told me are actually unbelievable. Like I'm not sure they can possibly be accurate they're so headsplittingly insane. Not even just uber petty but dealing with actual mental problems. Let alone the various liars and shady people, that's an entirely separate and honestly not as bad set of bullshit.

I'm considering not going in this morning, calling and quitting since I got shit to do. I'm finally able to afford getting my car fixed tomorrow, and working with the lunatics + waiting on the car during the afternoon + going in to my second job at midnight is a recipe for feeling like shit and being up for Christ knows how many hours over 24, but I can't really justify quitting yet since training shifts are easy and I'm so broke.

I go full time at my enjoyable night job the last week of April but I have a lot of bills and literally no food until then. So I don't know what else I can do except this shit for another week + selling plasma.

This world is painful hell.

this job will eat whatever well being you have left.

3 hours and 45 minutes in yesterday morning I almost snapped legit at this old man who was threatening to take his business somewhere else for a fundamental aspect of the business well beyond anyone's control, yet not leaving, while a line formed behind him. Luckily the mgr happened to finally get back from wherever and took over and told me to take my break. I came back ready to be like "I can't handle this shit" but she said he's done that before/always does that because he's retarded. But yeah I feel like those moments are too inherently regular for me to put up with this for three more weeks.

It's real hard to feel bad for you man.........Like I am not even sure how having 2 jobs, even if you only work 3 days a week, is making life this rough.

Well if I stick w this I'll be working 6 days a week. If not, I'll be working 2 audits a week until the end of the month when I go full time audit, living the dream, but starving until then.

I don't want any pity, just cash.

some guy told me I suck at my job and he was going to report me because I wouldn't give him a discount on something that I couldn't do.

The mgr got reported the other day by a crazy person who made things up.

So, that person might actually do it.

But hopefully they'll be so blatantly unhinged their concerns will be dismissed out of hand.

I got a lot of people complaining about the old man who was working the previous day (who first trained me) being hateful, which he is. I just acted like I didnt know who they were talking about bc new. But I totally get why he's hateful.

3 hours and 45 minutes in yesterday morning I almost snapped legit at this old man who was threatening to take his business somewhere else for a fundamental aspect of the business well beyond anyone's control, yet not leaving, while a line formed behind him. Luckily the mgr happened to finally get back from wherever and took over and told me to take my break. I came back ready to be like "I can't handle this shit" but she said he's done that before/always does that because he's retarded. But yeah I feel like those moments are too inherently regular for me to put up with this for three more weeks.

when i used to work with customers, i made it clear that i did not give a shit. try doing that.

when i used to work with customers, i made it clear that i did not give a shit. try doing that.

I'll try harder to make this more apparent, but need to be careful to not be outright rude because these people don't​ have any pressing engagements or sense of scale and would relish the opportunity to get into a prolonged argument with me over disrespecting them.

I'll try harder to make this more apparent, but need to be careful to not be outright rude because these people don't​ have any pressing engagements or sense of scale and would relish the opportunity to get into a prolonged argument with me over disrespecting them.

I was seriously warned about this. These people are petty not for sport but as a lifestyle.

my most used line when i dealt with customers was "i only work here."

then i'd go on about pretending on doing something else.

Y'all I think I'm really about to call in and quit, and not *just* because I haven't slept in a very long time.

Like life would be easier with the $ because that's how you get food, but I'll survive without it, you know? And in two months I'll be relatively balling. So fuck it. I don't need this shit.

I don't need food. Who gives a fuck.

Well to update, I called out this morning right before my shift and was told to call back to talk to HR. I told them the position is wack but they'd heard I'd done a good job during training so I'm being moved to a completely different position where I won't have to deal with many if any customers, hopefully none at all ever.  Still pays the same and now I won't get rained on.

Since I'm treating this more as an emergency fund rather than a real job I'm basically just pretending this whole thing is one long tour of the place, kinda like one of those workplace reality shows -- Dirty Jobs, Undercover Boss. I come in, be like "oh so this is how that works" and "wow y'all really do this shit every day?", bank pay and then bail on it to go back to my better job.

What's funny is the position I'm being moved to is the one the fat guy who started with me was aspiring to be moved up into once he proved himself in the shitty spot they gave him. Hoping he sees me in the dept he wanted and asks how I got there so I can say "idk I tried to quit and they moved me here."

The thread title April fool's joke is good, especially glad it's not a There is No 4 joke.

so is this a joke then? If not I'm glad you got moved to a better position.

Nope, everything's 110% real. Thanks, I'm glad too. Very glad they didn't just fire me outright, but they're hurting for bodies everywhere so I didn't really expect that to happen. I actually would have chosen the dept I'm being moved into if it was one of the options given to me during the interview.

So glad I bailed on the shit job. Let some other desperate pos try to deal with that mess. This desperate pos is moving on to marginally better things.