UnevenEdge

Purchased WB-Discovery content being removed from PlayStation video libraries

matrixman124

Due to the content licensing agreement between WB-Discovery and Sony, all WBD videos are being forcibly removed from PlayStation consoles without their end users' consent. WBD has just opened the floodgates for not only a potential class action lawsuit, but also a huge potential surge in piracy.

one-piece-piracy.gif

Edited by matrixman124
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• matrixman124 changed the title to Purchased WB-Discovery content being removed from PlayStation video libraries
36 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

If I purchase something, I own it. Pure and simple. Ripping it out of someone's digital library is no different than robbing someone's house physically. 

The problem is that companies think they can get away with selling just a license and not the actual videos, if people don't even bother to buy the licenses then it's their fault for being anti-consumer.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, matrixman124 said:

The problem is that companies think they can get away with selling just a license and not the actual videos, if people don't even bother to buy the licenses then it's their fault for being anti-consumer.

Whatever product they are selling, they sold it. They shouldn't be able to try to redefine what exactly they sold after the fact and they can't repossess it just because they've decided to cheat on their taxes. 

This is seriously another reason why I prefer buying physical books and real DVDs/CDs/games on cartridge/disc.

• Like 4

I'm not going to pretend to know how this actually works, but I mean, I've lost many games just due to support of the game ending. I own games that I just plain cannot play digitally anymore.

Shonen jump comes to mind....

My point in even posting is I'm not sure what that long ass legalese shit says when I buy games but I just assume I'm agreeing to the content just disappearing on a whim.

EDIT: Jump Force is what it's called...I asked Buddy and he said Shonen Jump but I was kinda sure that was something else

Edited by André Toulon
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

I'm not going to pretend to know how this actually works, but I mean, I've lost many games just due to support of the game ending. I own games that I just plain cannot play digitally anymore.

Shonen jump comes to mind....

My point in even posting is I'm not sure what that long ass legalese shit says when I buy games but I just assume I'm agreeing to the content just disappearing on a whim.

EDIT: Jump Force is what it's called...I asked Buddy and he said Shonen Jump but I was kinda sure that was something else

In that case, it's usually because the games are online only and they shut down the servers. It's also very fucked

• Like 2

1 hour ago, katt_goddess said:

Whatever product they are selling, they sold it. They shouldn't be able to try to redefine what exactly they sold after the fact and they can't repossess it just because they've decided to cheat on their taxes. 

This is seriously another reason why I prefer buying physical books and real DVDs/CDs/games on cartridge/disc.

I feel like a class action could definitely be filed for this. It feels like this practice had the potential to be anti-consumer but nobody thought they'd be dumb enough to pull the trigger

• Like 2

1 minute ago, matrixman124 said:

I feel like a class action could definitely be filed for this. It feels like this practice had the potential to be anti-consumer but nobody thought they'd be dumb enough to pull the trigger

There's always someone somewhere willing to pull the trigger if they think they are going to make money on it, no matter how stupid it is. 

• Like 3