UnevenEdge

Were you a proverbial Mama's boy/Daddy's girl

André Toulon

Or any other combination of those terms.

I was raised solely by my mom, so I guess you can call me a Mama's boy by default but technically I raised myself since she worked all the time....We have a good relationship but she hardly coddled me.

This question is fueled by experience as a parent though. I may elaborate organically if the conversation drives that way but honestly I'm just wondering about us, as "adults" now.

Edited by André Toulon

i was certainly not a daddy's girl, i never really felt close to my dad growing up. i loved him but he was gone a lot (Navy) and we never really got the chance. when I was very little though I was very attached to my mom, but that faded between the ages of 8-10. she was very

I was forced to be the proverbial grandma's boy until my demented grandmother ended up in the nursing home where she died, but I guess I was mainly raised by a self entitled single alcoholic mother who regularly admits she regets divorcing the father I've never met in person because she didn't expect him to leave that entire side of united states after their falling out /divorce all the time.   :confuse:

So not sure I guess.

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

30 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

......yeah? Very?

lol no idea where the rest of that went. 

she was very neglectful and emotionally abusive in a lot of ways. it was hard to remain close to her at times.

but i was still close in ways my sister didn't get to be. i feel both lucky and a bit guilty for that. i think she saw herself in me and that made her a little nicer to me. 

Edited by Lynnrael
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Ok, while I don't mind that you came to vent, the answer to the thread would just be "no"

Dually noted I guess. I barely realized Op said daddy's boy/mamas girl though, and the question wasn't 'were you one or the other' though.

I didn't really come to vent, and now I feel bad. :LithiumSmileySad:

edit: I feel like that op leaves out the admittedly rare but totally possible option of daddys boy/ mamas girl now that I'm thinking about it though. 

4 minutes ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

Duly noted I guess. I barely realized Op said daddy's boy/mamas girl, and the question wasn't 'were you one or the other' though.

I didn't really come to vent, and now I feel bad. :LithiumSmileySad:

edit: I feel like that op leaves out the admittedly rare but totally possible option of daddys boy/ mamas girl now that I'm thinking about it though. 

2 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

i know you're daughter is a daddy's girl. 

is the boy a mama's boy? 

my son is a mama's boy. i know it. 

Pretty much in the way that she protects me from disciplining him. But if he wants something, here his ass comes.

But yeah, I let neff get away with murder and I promise I'm gonna do better but....I dunno, she was here before him....which I know is a shitty excuse, but I can't stay mad at her.

Plus she doesn't talk back....Buddy has to have the last word and....well...ugh

• Like 1

I don't really remember for me, was the middle of three and then there was a divorce and later on a bonus kid.

But there is a dramatic toddler here who has been waking up in the middle of the night and sobs "daddy? daddy where are you? daddy I need you where are you?" Never a cry for mommy.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

I don't really remember for me, was the middle of three and then there was a divorce and later on a bonus kid.

But there is a dramatic toddler here who has been waking up in the middle of the night and sobs "daddy? daddy where are you? daddy I need you where are you?" Never a cry for mommy.

My grandson will do this with me over his mother. I pretend not to love it.

• Like 1

no I don’t think so. My mother and I have been estranged for a long time. Now she’s on hospice so I’m in a sense…forced to deal with that? My older brother isn’t really the ‘decisions’ type. So he basically was like “I trust your judgement”.

as for my father. When my grandfather died he threatened to disown me. And then told me that his family never thought I was his kid to begin with…so…needless to say that fuckin ship has sailed…

I don’t talk to anyone really but my brother. So maybe I’m a…siblings person? A brothers sister? A…eh I give up whatever