UnevenEdge

North Korea launches another missile

fullmetal_pirate

27 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

Every time I hear about a NK missile test, my first thought is always "do they really have enough missiles to be wasting them on show launches?"

I thought the same thing. Does NK even have the means to produce for another country?  Does Russia have the capability, at the moment, to arm them?  

just seems like more of the same old shit. NK launches a missile so no one forgets about them. Putin has talks with another despot leader in an attempt to show, what?  Some sort of strength, I guess?  I’m not saying no one should worry about NK but it doesn’t seem like an immediate concern that they met with Russia. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

I'm pretty sure it's the reverse, NK offered to arm Russia for the war on Ukraine.

That was the first thing I said “does NK even have the means to produce for another country” 

I think the meeting and missile launch was mostly theater because neither country is doing great.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

When I read shit about NK, always somewhere, it will mention how their infrastructure sucks. It makes them hard to take that seriously. For all we know their nuclear warheads are really just armed with boxing gloves attached to springs and are manufactured by Acme

IMG_4481.gif.7bf31d1c82147a91b0a5e738ef38d1e4.gif

• Haha 5

27 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

apparently the last launch was favorable, despite lack of...everything.

still...one can't help but remember the early days....

giphy.gif

One can only assume that Russia, China, or both have been, up to this point, helping North Korea along at just enough of a pace to make it seem like they're advancing without giving them enough to pose a legitimate threat to either of them.  Russia is something of a wildcard now because they're desperate and Putin has already shown he has a perchance for making really bad decisions.

• Like 2

On 9/13/2023 at 11:19 AM, Raptorpat said:

Every time I hear about a NK missile test, my first thought is always "do they really have enough missiles to be wasting them on show launches?"

I will admit I’ve had that thought. There’s a hashtag on Twitter that is something like “things that last longer than NK’s missles” because they are all pretty much duds.

• Haha 1

On 9/13/2023 at 5:11 PM, scoobdog said:

One can only assume that Russia, China, or both have been, up to this point, helping North Korea along at just enough of a pace to make it seem like they're advancing without giving them enough to pose a legitimate threat to either of them.  Russia is something of a wildcard now because they're desperate and Putin has already shown he has a perchance for making really bad decisions.

The wildcard factor is the scary one. Putin is not just a bad guy, he’s a psychic megalomaniac. Dangerous in more ways than one, and apparently he’s the cult of personality, though I don’t see it.