UnevenEdge

Copacabana

nameraka

This thread is dedicated to the 1978 Barry Manilow Disco classic "Copacabana."

Copacabana is a happy little number about a young showgirl who watches her boyfriend get brutally murdered and then spends the next 30 years in an alcohol fueled mental health spiral. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

We could also discuss hedgehogs. I like hedgehogs.  

• Haha 1

Her name was Lola she was a showgirl but that was thirty years ago when they used to have a show now it’s a disco, but not for Lola, still in the dress she used to wear faded feathers in her hair she sits there so refined and she drinks herself half blind. She lost her youth, she lost her Tony, now she’s lost her mind 

at the copa the Copacabana the hottest spot north of Havana at the copa the Copacabana 

music and dancing was always the fashion at the copa the Copacabana at the Copa don’t fall in love 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, discolé monade said:

you have no idea. i was in percussion.  this particular number called for the xylophone. 

that mf is hAF. and 1st year we didn't have the harness to lay them down, so we carried them notebook style. 

There’s a reason I didn’t do percussion.  My brother did like spring drum line in hs because his friends were on it, but he was a bass.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, scoobdog said:

There’s a reason I didn’t do percussion.  My brother did like spring drum line in hs because his friends were on it, but he was a bass.

i started to learn snare, but eventually, i just stuck to all the other percussion.  i remember not really liking the christmas orchestra stuff, because chimes have a SHIT ton of micro solos. 

and all the play time the ole glockenspeil gets. ugh. 

i just KNEW i'd be the person to hit TOO hard, and the mallet go flying into the horn section, or some shit. 

luckily, i came out unscathed. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, discolé monade said:

i started to learn snare, but eventually, i just stuck to all the other percussion.  i remember not really liking the christmas orchestra stuff, because chimes have a SHIT ton of micro solos. 

and all the play time the ole glockenspeil gets. ugh. 

i just KNEW i'd be the person to hit TOO hard, and the mallet go flying into the horn section, or some shit. 

luckily, i came out unscathed. 

I've been wondering this forever:

What is the difference between a xylophone and a glockenspiel?

23 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

That's what I always thought, but then someone pointed out to me the little metal "xylophones" used as young children's toys. Is it a misnomer to call those xylophones?

i would think, however, it's easier for association purposes. 

technically, those little toys would be in the metallophone (sp) family

• Thanks 2