UnevenEdge

Burger King facing lawsuit saying its Whoppers are 30% smaller than advertised

Jman

I haven't read this one but there are a lot of these floating around social Media. There is a class action one for taco Bell and their crunch wrap 

What I assume is it's one person who files it, let's it gain traction on social media, and eventually they settle with the plaintiff ( i think im using that word right). 

Because the taco bell one says class action but there is no way to join it that I'm aware of

I seem to recall, long ago, watching some of the tricks used in food photography. And, yeah, for things like burgers, they absolutely do primp and prep. I think it also involved cutting a wedge out of the back of the burger so it could be "opened" outwards to appear larger.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rpgamer said:

I seem to recall, long ago, watching some of the tricks used in food photography. And, yeah, for things like burgers, they absolutely do primp and prep. I think it also involved cutting a wedge out of the back of the burger so it could be "opened" outwards to appear larger.

it's true. and ice cream pics are usually dyed shortening. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, discolé monade said:

it's true. and ice cream pics are usually dyed shortening. 

See, I'd always heard it was mashed potatoes.

Shortening does sound more consistent and possibly cheaper, tho.

The other trick I remember is, for making things look steaming hot, microwaving a damp tampon and positioning that behind the food item.

• Like 1