UnevenEdge

Oh yeah, I bought my 20th vehicle

Rogue_Alphonse

Dooode, Chocolate Star Fish! Such a classic haha

And yea, all the latest gen trucks are pretty fast these days. I got a Silverado last year. Has the ten speed auto and that thing gets going when I give it the beans haha I wanna put a Whipple on it but it probably does not need it. 

Enjoy the new wheels man! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

Dooode, Chocolate Star Fish! Such a classic haha

And yea, all the latest gen trucks are pretty fast these days. I got a Silverado last year. Has the ten speed auto and that thing gets going when I give it the beans haha I wanna put a Whipple on it but it probably does not need it. 

Enjoy the new wheels man! 

I did a 3700 mile trip in 4 days in my stepdad's very similarly optioned 2019 Silverado 5.3 and while it did ride nice and was quick, I couldn't get comfortable in it. And something about this F150 is intimidating. It's an EcoBoost and I had driven a couple 5.0's but this (particular) truck shits and gets lmao. I tickle 100 by accident.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rogue_Alphonse said:

I did a 3700 mile trip in 4 days in my stepdad's very similarly optioned 2019 Silverado 5.3 and while it did ride nice and was quick, I couldn't get comfortable in it. And something about this F150 is intimidating. It's an EcoBoost and I had driven a couple 5.0's but this (particular) truck shits and gets lmao. I tickle 100 by accident.

Yea mine is the 5.3 too. I love it but everyone has their preferences haha the eco boosts are turbo, right? I test drove one of the Chevys last year before I bought mine and was surprised by how responsive it was but had basically already decided on the 5.3 haha 

Edited by atomicinumatt
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

Yea mine is the 5.3 too. I love it but everyone has their preferences haha the eco boosts are turbo, right? I test drove one of the Chevys last year before I bought mine and was surprised by how responsive it was but had basically already decided on the 5.3 haha 

I'm  big 5.3 fan. They will go forever and sip gas, all while providing adequate power. I'm just not a fan of the whole thing it is attached to XD

The Ecoboost is a twin turbo, and dangerously easily tunable >.>

1 minute ago, Rogue_Alphonse said:

My lifestyle needs practicality XD

And mine needs high heels but my feet are wide so finding a pair that's short and wide enough is a challenge I'm failing at meow...

I have no idea where I was going with that, but it's difficult to find pretty 9 4E shoes all the same. That has nothing to do with cars though.

2 hours ago, discolé monade said:

the question is, are you going to use it use it? or just UUUUSSE it?

Well let me lay it all out for you and you can decide on this.

Originally I wanted a 2007-2011 Explorer Sport Trac - strictly a v8 one. Decent towing capacity for an eventual bigger camper, has a usable rear seat, is midsize like my Jeep - which is really all I need in that department... but has a truck bed (the cargo area of my Jeep is fucking worked from treating it like a truck) and I really need 4x4 a lot. Snow, muddy yards, and mainly... beach. These happen to be hard to come by in decent shape with okay miles, and therefore are overpriced.

A 2018 and newer Ranger is comparable, but I don't want a $600+ note

I ended up test driving a couple trucks very similar to what I got, but they were 5.0 v8's... which is fine, but I don't *need* a v8 (the Sport Trac being an exception because the v6 had 9 miles of timing chains and fail points, hence my want for the v8). I ended up getting a 3.5 Ecoboost v6, which makes comparable horsepower and an ass slap more torque than the 5.0... BUT. I am managing decent miles per gallon with it. So when I'm not using it for truck purposes it drives like a big car, and I now have even more truck abilities than i would with that Sport Trac or a current Ranger. Which means not only can I get an even bigger camper (I am in the market for a fixer-upper, and the bigger ones are cheaper than the little ones like I had wanted for weight purposes), but also I camp in a couple places that allow golf carts... so I can haul that too.

But also, the second day I owned it I brought home 64 pavers to build a patio. If I have the tool, I use the tool.

4 minutes ago, Heshi said:

And mine needs high heels but my feet are wide so finding a pair that's short and wide enough is a challenge I'm failing at meow...

I have no idea where I was going with that, but it's difficult to find pretty 9 4E shoes all the same. That has nothing to do with cars though.

The real question is can you push a clutch with heels on x3

3 minutes ago, Rogue_Alphonse said:

The real question is can you push a clutch with heels on x3

My car is a 5 speed, so I'd hope so...

I've thought about keeping a pair of pink Sparco race shoes in there though meow (though Sparco are probably way too expensive)

2 minutes ago, Heshi said:

My car is a 5 speed, so I'd hope so...

I've thought about keeping a pair of pink Sparco race shoes in there though meow (though Sparco are probably way too expensive)

Probably easier than wearing slides and having the heel wedge against the floor and making you dump the clutch and fishtail through an intersection totally by accident

7 minutes ago, Rogue_Alphonse said:

Probably easier than wearing slides and having the heel wedge against the floor and making you dump the clutch and fishtail through an intersection totally by accident

That'd be bad meow,  I've done close to that from having done too many burnouts and balding the tread and having no traction in the rain meow...

10 hours ago, Rogue_Alphonse said:

Well let me lay it all out for you and you can decide on this.

Originally I wanted a 2007-2011 Explorer Sport Trac - strictly a v8 one. Decent towing capacity for an eventual bigger camper, has a usable rear seat, is midsize like my Jeep - which is really all I need in that department... but has a truck bed (the cargo area of my Jeep is fucking worked from treating it like a truck) and I really need 4x4 a lot. Snow, muddy yards, and mainly... beach. These happen to be hard to come by in decent shape with okay miles, and therefore are overpriced.

A 2018 and newer Ranger is comparable, but I don't want a $600+ note

I ended up test driving a couple trucks very similar to what I got, but they were 5.0 v8's... which is fine, but I don't *need* a v8 (the Sport Trac being an exception because the v6 had 9 miles of timing chains and fail points, hence my want for the v8). I ended up getting a 3.5 Ecoboost v6, which makes comparable horsepower and an ass slap more torque than the 5.0... BUT. I am managing decent miles per gallon with it. So when I'm not using it for truck purposes it drives like a big car, and I now have even more truck abilities than i would with that Sport Trac or a current Ranger. Which means not only can I get an even bigger camper (I am in the market for a fixer-upper, and the bigger ones are cheaper than the little ones like I had wanted for weight purposes), but also I camp in a couple places that allow golf carts... so I can haul that too.

But also, the second day I owned it I brought home 64 pavers to build a patio. If I have the tool, I use the tool.

um....i think vela was looking for you over a week ago. 

and yes you use use your tool. 

oh boy

• Haha 1