UnevenEdge

ASMB Survivor, The Final Challenge: Vote for the Big Winner

Game Master

Vote for The Big Winner!  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who created the best team and individual challenges?

• Discolé monade
    • The Annoying One
    • Vela

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/16/23 at 03:59 AM

It’s been a thrilling challenge.  We’ve come along way:  teammates and friends were made,  a former janitor knew how to defeat the cabal, and we got some sexy back leg.  Our final three all stood above the rest.  Disco, the consummate storyteller, took us on a journey with Spike.  Vela produced the banana sticker hype video we didn’t know we needed.   The Annoying One braves parts of the internet others fear to tread.  All are the best of the best.

Now it’s time to choose the one that wins it all.  The challenge was to create… challenges.  The one who will have done it best will have crafted challenges that inspire the next survivors to push their teammates and themselves beyond their limits.  Here are the submissions:

Edited by Game Master
  • Thanks 2

On 8/8/2023 at 8:06 PM, discolé monade said:

TEAM CHALLENGE

As you settle in for the night,  you start to reminisce about days, long ago. It’s been 20 years;  you remember when you and your [asmb] pals would talk for HOURS on AIM  ; ]  about all the great shows the [as] lineup had. Suddenly, you jolt up! You hit the computer, and make your way to the “[asmb] 20th reunion” folder. The gang is all here! (your team) You send out your SOS, and share your plan!!

Challenge: compose a story that tells of how your team will  find a way to slip away from the Williams St. Studio tour, hack into the computer main frame,  and change the streaming lineup, to the 2003 lineup. (think Ocean’s Eleven, or ‘3000 miles to Graceland’ ), before the end of the tour, and not get caught. (Disguises are highly recommended)

1.  You can change up to the entire week’s  lineup, and you must use the 2003 [as] available shows. But the additions must be subtle enough as to not draw too much attention. (example: Monday-current show, current show, 2003 show, CS, CS, 2003.)  

2.  You may use any current, or past [as] personality (Eric A., Tim or Eric, Dr. Steve Brule…anyone) to run interference, or to place blame. 

3.  If you actually know how to hack mainframes; don’t do this for real. Bonus point, if your lineup can show some sort of theme. (i.e. robots, or witches, etc. )

SOLO CHALLENGE

You and your team were successful, maybe a little TOO successful, Mr. X, an unknown majority stockholder of Williams St. Studios, wants YOU to come up with a pilot show, about your shenanigans of breaking into Williams St. Studios. The stipulation is that you must find at least “4” items:

(1)  a catchy theme song, [you must come up with an intro song-bonus points if you record song and post]

(2) cast an anime  character OR live action character to play  you, and each of your team members, 

(3) create a press release ‘meme’, 

(“4”) find the exact correct time slot for your last challenge’s lineup. 

On 8/10/2023 at 8:34 PM, The_annoying_one said:

TEAM CHALLENGE

Your efforts to elect [classic_swim] as commissioner were unfortunately unsuccessful. Feeling somewhat defeated, you decide to crawl into bed. But first, you decide to check for any updates in the UEMB. You log in, and instantly see a PM from a somehow-unnamed user.

"Attention, Team! Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have determined that our current elected official is unfit for duty. He is, however, refusing to step down. That's where you come in. You must find a way to have him removed from office (legally) and have [classic_swim] elected in his place. You may do this however you see fit.

However, there are ground rules that you must follow.

1.) This is not a smear campaign. You are trying to remove someone from office, but you must not present damaging evidence against this official.

2.) You may use outside help, if needed. Any UEMBer or [as] star willing to help you, as long as you do the majority of the work.

3.) How you achieve this goal is entirely up to you. Write a lengthy letter to the higher-ups, make memes proving his inability to lead effectively, post a short video of unnamed sources who have the evidence you need. Full anonymity must be promised to those featured in these videos.

SOLO CHALLENGE

Your plan to shift the balance of power was an astounding success. Exhausted, you crawl into bed and turn on the TV.

The breaking news story immediately catches your attention. "[classic_swim] looking for someone to run as co-commissioner alongside him."

Your mind starts racing. You know you have what it takes to earn your rightful place in office. You do wonder how your teammates will react to this, but you know they'll support you all the way. That's just the kind of bond you have.

1.) Make your case for being elected co-commissioner.

2.) Tell a short story, make memes, gifs, or videos.

3.) You may use endorsements from any UEMB member or [as] character you choose.

4.) You may campaign all over the UEMB, but do it respectfully. 

On 8/11/2023 at 8:52 PM, Vela said:

TEAM CHALLENGE
As it turns out, Packard was not happy that the 96 Hours of Packard lost to Banana Stickers Day and has vowed to go on a porkchop toasting spree. Your mission as a team is to devise a plan to stop him.

1. Draw up blueprints to any elaborate traps you may conceive of.  (can be a description, pic of a hand drawing, there's a free website called sketch.io with no downloading required, pick one form that your entire team is comfortable with.)
2. Put the word out using any of the following: Flyers, mass email, social media, and even YouTube. Please be sure to include any [adult swim] or UEMB personality of your choice.
3. Lure Packard to said trap or traps. Please be sure to capture him ALIVE! Anything that results in Packard's death will disqualify your team.
4. ??????????????
5. PROFIT!

INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGE

Brought together by their love of SCIENCE! three deranged researchers who go by the names Insipid, atomicinumatt, and Lasty have been conducting experiments involving splicing and dielectric media.  Lured in by the promise of an indestructible Jeep that never needs suspension realignment, never experiences pinion seal or transfer box or A-pillar leakage, shifter cable never bushes, and whose throttle position sensor never fails, Rogue_Alphonse replied to their ad to be a test subject.  The result?:  he gained the superhuman ability to control photon energies (i.e. he can scramble radio waves all up and down the electromagnetic spectrum.  But don’t worry - he uses it mostly to spam your devices with endless walls of emoji.  But I mean, with his level of photonic energy you might as well just throw your device away and start over.)

THE CHALLENGE:  Space Ghost has caught wind of the new superhero on the rise.  Rogue has been called in for an interview. 

1. Come up with a quick sketch episode/interview showcasing rogues' new powers (what all he’s capable of and how he might use them.)

2. All questions must be in the form of a question.

3. Keep it classy.  There may be children listening. Any questions that result in the fictitious death of something (pets, persons) will be disqualified.

(extra points assigned for those who can get rogue to actually answer your questions himself.  You can mix up your fabricated answers with his actual answers and we can try to guess which ones are his.  BWAHAHAHA think of the PMs he'll get.)

• Thanks 1

On 8/14/2023 at 3:13 PM, The_annoying_one said:

That would honestly be awesome. I’m not really ready for this to end yet.

I'm not positive disco would do the same as me but there's a good chance we'd both drop out if there were a tie of any kind xD Not that this wasn't fun or that I wouldn't do it again,  I absolutely would, but I know she mentioned business picking up soon and I myself have two projects that I've recently started which will likely take me away from the boards quite often now.

Just throwing that out there :P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Vela said:

I'm not positive disco would do the same as me but there's a good chance we'd both drop out if there were a tie of any kind xD Not that this wasn't fun or that I wouldn't do it again,  I absolutely would, but I know she mentioned business picking up soon and I myself have two projects that I've recently started which will likely take me away from the boards quite often now.

There’s a very real possibility I may have to take some time away from the boards in the not-too-distant future myself, which means I would probably have to drop out myself. Why do I feel like we’re making things a lot harder for the challenge makers here? :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vela said:

The tie breaker would be tomorrow if it were to happen.  We're not doing a full challenge

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

Welp…..

IMG_3506.gif

Wow I didn't check in today until now and things really changed.  I thought you had it in the bag.

Unfortunate.  Well at least you were winning for awhile.  Seems like our team's fate was to do well and then have the rug

pulled out on us at the last minute.  It was still a fun experience despite that.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, blueraven1999 said:

Wow I didn't check in today until now and things really changed.  I thought you had it in the bag.

Unfortunate.  Well at least you were winning for awhile.  Seems like our team's fate was to do well and then have the rug

pulled out on us at the last minute.  It was still a fun experience despite that.

I had a feeling someone would come back to beat me, so I’m not too upset about it. I’m actually really proud of my submission in this round, even if it wasn’t quite enough.

You are absolutely right, though. It seems like every loss we endured in this game came at the last possible minute. I still had fun, though.

• Like 3