UnevenEdge

My Adventures with Superman Episode 7 - “Kiss Kiss Fall in Portal”

Jman

Clark tries to plan a normal date without any Superman problems - but gets interrupted when Mr. Mxyzptlk sweeps him, Jimmy, and Lois into a high-stakes, multiverse-hoping chase!

This one is going to be a rough one.  Mxy’s new design is considered emblematic of the issues with the design philosophy, and this is his first appearance post Gilbert Gottfried’s passing.  Ironically enough, his Bat-counterpart Bat-Mite?  Most recently played by the late Paul Reubens.

Edited by Jman
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I see no problems with Mxy's design, personally, but I have no great opinions/attachments to the character.

Going full chaos god mode tho, he did have a proper moment of terrifying and sinister.

Overall, I enjoyed it. Good way to set itself apart from usual stories, establishing we're off on (yet another) alternate dimension Earth. Dropped probably a couple dozen DC references. Set itself up as a little bit bigger than the otherwise simple day-in-the-life of learning-his-powers Superman. Maybe a bit of a distraction from Cadmus, but that's probably a good thing.

• Like 1

Mr. Blah blah blah NOT now.

Hah nice cameos there of other Super...men.

She got kidnapped already?!  Well, she is now!

A League of Lois Lanes, really?!  You gotta be kidding me...

So who are the bad guys here?  I guess Mr. Blah Bkah Blah is as usual.  Or at least a troublemaker.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hah looks like Janela Olsen helped them.

The thumbs up from Jimmy. 🤣

They can still do the last part of the date lol.

Mr. Mixy already escaped?!

Of course she grabbed the file about all the evil Supermen.  But she has to know her Superman would never go that way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

Okay, what's Sir Myx a lot up to here? Really he's just stealing stuff? Why bother when he can snap his fingers and have whatever he wants? Wait, was that Dr. Fate's helmet back there?

The helmet, a Green Lantern ring, Hawkman's mace, a Mister Terrific T-sphere, and probably a dozen or more I didn't notice or couldn't identify.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MCPissPants said:

So is this show Beware the Batman tier kiddy shit, or actually worth watching? Unicorn Warriors Eternal kinda sucked.

If you expect something like Superman TAS you will hate this.  If you expect something adult, you will hate this.  If you’re here for the Clark/Lois relationship, you’ll enjoy it.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

No getting him to say his name backwards? LOL And he's loose again. Being a prisoner didn't take. Hah. Dun dun dun. There's bad supermans, too. Not that that comes as much of a surprise really if you're much of a fan of the DC universe.

I believe at this point it must be referred to as the "DC Multiverse!" :D 

3 hours ago, Jman said:

If you expect something like Superman TAS you will hate this.  If you expect something adult, you will hate this.  If you’re here for the Clark/Lois relationship, you’ll enjoy it.

I've gathered it's essentially an American shojo. Very different from the testosterone soaked stereotypical Toonami programming. Probably why 4chan seems like's split 50/50 as to what they think of it.