UnevenEdge

Dr Stone episode 6 to air next week, with a rerun of 7 the following week

Maybe for those of us who bailed on the episode as soon as we figured out it was the wrong one, because we wanted to watch the story in its actual order?

But yes I'm sure it was some deliberate plotted-out conspiracy instead of the same type of dumbass mistake that the block has been making for 20 years. Totally.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yea man, it is totally a conspiracy by the lizard people. That is automatically the most logical conclusion. And not, you know, actual accidental human error. 

But I am glad Toonami doomers have more 'fuel' for the fires of their stupid delusions. 

Edited by atomicinumatt
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Top Gun said:

Maybe for those of us who bailed on the episode as soon as we figured out it was the wrong one, because we wanted to watch the story in its actual order?

But yes I'm sure it was some deliberate plotted-out conspiracy instead of the same type of dumbass mistake that the block has been making for 20 years. Totally.

And those of who stuck around get shafted with a rerun in 2 weeks. 

40 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

Yea man, it is totally a conspiracy by the lizard people. That is automatically the most logical conclusion. And not, you know, actual accidental human error. 

But I am glad Toonami doomers have more 'fuel' for the fires of their stupid delusions. 

Weird how schedule mistakes never happen outside of Toonami, isn’t it? Plus, this isn’t about the mistake. That’s done and there’s no helping it. This is about the moronic response to the mistake. If they are insistent on running it again, next week should look like this

12 - Superman

12:30 - Stone 6

1 - Stone 7

1:30 - FLCL

2 - One Piece

2:30 - Naruto

Im so tired of their attitude that if shows shift around 30 mins for one week that the entire block will burn down. This was their fuck up, own it and deal with it, not use it to pad out an extra week of time. 

18 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

Weird how schedule mistakes never happen outside of Toonami, isn’t it? Plus, this isn’t about the mistake. That’s done and there’s no helping it. This is about the moronic response to the mistake. If they are insistent on running it again, next week should look like this

12 - Superman

1 - Stone 7

2 - One Piece

Im so tired of their attitude that if shows shift around 30 mins for one week that the entire block will burn down. This was their fuck up, own it and deal with it, not use it to pad out an extra week of time. 

According to the responses it was not even Toonami's fault. Unless you have direct proof that it was their fault, then there is no reason to not believe them. 

You are foolish to believe that they purposely did this to push back one show by a week or two. 

If people do not like what is happening with Toonami then they can just stop watching and concerning themselves with it. Yes it is annoying that this error happened but it is not the end of the world and it is not some big conspiracy. 

And also, they are owning it haha you just do not like what they are doing. 

Edited by atomicinumatt
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

12 - Superman

1 - Stone 7

2 - One Piece

Dude who gives a shit. Just don't fucking watch for a week then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, atomicinumatt said:

According to the responses it was not even Toonami's fault. Unless you have direct proof that it was their fault, then there is no reason to not believe them. 

You are foolish to believe that they purposely did this to push back one show by a week or two. 

If people do not like what is happening with Toonami then they can just stop watching and concerning themselves with it. Yes it is annoying that this error happened but it is not the end of the world and it is not some big conspiracy. 

And also, they are owning it haha you just do not like what they are doing. 

It’s never their fault according to them. And no, using their own mistake to buy an extra week of not having to buy a new show isn’t owning it. Owning it is doing my suggestion that doesn’t offset the release schedule. 

56 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

Dude who gives a shit. Just don't fucking watch for a week then.

I give a shit, as does the majority of the audience that watched the episode because unless you watched the sub, you could barely tell an episode was skipped. Not really sure why you believe your own situation on the matter is the only one that matters. You chose to tune out, the rest of us shouldn’t be punished for your decision. 

Just did the math btw. At normal pace, Dr Stone was set to run out of episodes two weeks prior to Labor Day. With this hiccup, it now ends the week before Labor Day. Really gets the ol noggin joggin, doesn’t it? And how convenient that the Toonami Facebook page was able to announce their plan for it on a Sunday morning. 

• D'oh 3

2 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

It’s never their fault according to them. And no, using their own mistake to buy an extra week of not having to buy a new show isn’t owning it. Owning it is doing my suggestion that doesn’t offset the release schedule. 

I give a shit, as does the majority of the audience that watched the episode because unless you watched the sub, you could barely tell an episode was skipped. Not really sure why you believe your own situation on the matter is the only one that matters. You chose to tune out, the rest of us shouldn’t be punished for your decision. 

Just did the math btw. At normal pace, Dr Stone was set to run out of episodes two weeks prior to Labor Day. With this hiccup, it now ends the week before Labor Day. Really gets the ol noggin joggin, doesn’t it? And how convenient that the Toonami Facebook page was able to announce their plan for it on a Sunday morning. 

Christ almighty we already have more than enough autists in here, now this is overload

• Haha 2

Let’s thank the hard working staff at TV Passport who came in on a Sunday afternoon to update their schedule to omit Dr Stone, and only Dr Stone, from their lineup for the next two weeks. So courteous of them to work overtime for Adult Swim’s totally not planned mistake.IMG_0552.thumb.jpeg.8eef30c44d4c602a7575b502d6be491d.jpeg

Edited by Toonamiguy321
  • Haha 1
  • D'oh 1

5 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

II give a shit, as does the majority of the audience that watched the episode because unless you watched the sub, you could barely tell an episode was skipped. Not really sure why you believe your own situation on the matter is the only one that matters. You chose to tune out, the rest of us shouldn’t be punished for your decision.

"Could barely tell"? No more than two minutes in and I was asking myself, "Wait did we skip something here?" Did the fact that the ship was just leaving Japan at the end of the last episode and was suddenly at the island without any context not raise any flags for you? Or Senku talking about a specific material he needed from the Soyuz capsule as if the whole crew knew about it, when it was the first we were hearing of it? Or, I dunno, the prominent new character who showed up out of nowhere? Or most tellingly of all, the way that everyone was casually dropping the fact that there were people on the island?  The show has never lurched ahead like that without filling in any details, and it stuck out like a sore thumb. Someone I know confirmed it was the wrong episode, and so I bailed right away, figuring in the worst case I could go back on my own and watch episode 6 first. Only I don't have to now, because the block made the right call and decided to air things in their proper order. How is this a hard concept for you to grasp?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

Let’s thank the hard working staff at TV Passport who came in on a Sunday afternoon to update their schedule to omit Dr Stone, and only Dr Stone, from their lineup for the next two weeks. So courteous of them to work overtime for Adult Swim’s totally not planned mistake.IMG_0552.thumb.jpeg.8eef30c44d4c602a7575b502d6be491d.jpeg

Mitty, Dr. Stone has been listed generically on zap2it, and the last couple episodes have been recorded on my dvr and others' under Stone Wars.

• Thanks 1

Am I the only other person in here who feels like this could be intentional? I don't have a very good opinion of DeMarco nowadays, although I do respect him, so this seems like something the block could do and pass off as an "oopsie". On the other hand, this being a legit accident that just so happens to give them two extra weeks to scrounge up a replacement for Dr. Stone is funnier, and nowadays I will always root for the funniest possible outcome to a situation, so I believe it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think this was intentional, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was. Bottom line, they have an extra week to try and find its eventual replacement, though considering the state of the block right now, my hopes are even lower than they were back in '09 when we got no new shows, just the remaining 16 eps of Moribito.

• Confused 1

Occam's Razor. 

The simplest explanation here is....

They dumb.

While I'm here I'll debunk some other conspiracy theories for you guys.

911 was not an inside job.

We landed on the moon.

The earth isn't flat.

Vaccines work and have saved billions of lives.

OJ murdered those people.

• Thanks 3