UnevenEdge

Dan Stevens replaces Justin Roiland in Solar Opposites, no word on who will replace him for Rick and Morty

Jman

I appreciate making the change a gag at least. I don’t think this works for Rick though, so hopefully AS goes a different route

3 hours ago, [classic swim] said:

Oh yeah. Hulu really beat Adult Swim to the punch.

Maybe this will inspire them to buckle down and announce their new guy ASAP. The Annecy panel on this subject made them look unprepared.

Probably because they were unprepared. From what they said, they haven’t even made a decision yet. I assume they are torn between an impersonator or going full Tracey Morgan

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Uuuuuuuugh, 

I fucking hate this cockney bullshit. It's why I hated when AS bought a bunch of European shows and told us they were funny.

I can tolerate Ricky Gervais but this is gonna get grating fast for me.

Fuck you, Look Around You and Darkplace were great.

3 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

Probably because they were unprepared. From what they said, they haven’t even made a decision yet. I assume they are torn between an impersonator or going full Tracey Morgan

Isn’t it bad though that they’ve had this as a lingering possibility since December and possibly even before that, and they’re still lost?

Not that this show was ever a Picasso painting, but with how much money it’s worth you’d think they’d have something figured out by now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, [classic swim] said:

Isn’t it bad though that they’ve had this as a lingering possibility since December and possibly even before that, and they’re still lost?

Not that this show was ever a Picasso painting, but with how much money it’s worth you’d think they’d have something figured out by now.

Adult Swim was the last one to pull out of Roiland, they know how important this choice is for the network considering Rick and Morty is the only thing they have justifying their continued existence. And then they ended up with a curve ball where the case got thrown out so they also had to weigh the option of bringing him back in, which contrary to what they said at Annecy, I believe is an option they have not completely shut out yet. 

1 hour ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

Adult Swim was the last one to pull out of Roiland, they know how important this choice is for the network considering Rick and Morty is the only thing they have justifying their continued existence. And then they ended up with a curve ball where the case got thrown out so they also had to weigh the option of bringing him back in, which contrary to what they said at Annecy, I believe is an option they have not completely shut out yet. 

He’s finished. I don’t see them backing out on their firm termination and flipping the ultimate PR 180. His own personal resignations like with Squanch would be easier to reverse.

Don’t think even he himself would be that open to the option of returning on R&M. That’s considering the money he’s already made over the years.

Seems more probable for him to attempt suing if it really came to it. He’d be even more fucked if he tried, but he did spout “justice.” 

Or he’ll just continue on as the next John Kricfalusi and fade away.

2 hours ago, Sketch said:

And they say the new season is supposed to air this Fall and the only way they’re pulling that off is having someone dub over Roiland or keeping Roiland one more season. The animation has to be done soon.

I had kind of assumed when this all started that Season 7 would still have him. Even way back then, casting someone new would have been tight. If he wasn’t the two main characters it might have been doable.

41 minutes ago, [classic swim] said:

He’s finished. I don’t see them backing out on their firm termination and flipping the ultimate PR 180. His own personal resignations like with Squanch would be easier to reverse.

Don’t think even he himself would be that open to the option of returning on R&M. That’s considering the money he’s already made over the years.

Seems more probable for him to attempt suing if it really came to it. He’d be even more fucked if he tried, but he did spout “justice.” 

Or he’ll just continue on as the next John Kricfalusi and fade away.

I don’t think he will come back. But I do think AS has explored the option and gotten a feeler for what it would take to get him back. Hulu is gonna he just fine if this change kills Solar Opposites. AS has no back up plan if R&M fails with this change. So they are more nervous and methodical when it comes to their voice choice. 

Come to think of it...when they took King Star King earlier this year and made that derpy piece of shit, Roiland was all over that. They just let that drop as is after the termination, where both that cartoon and Ballmastrz Rubicon got zero promotion whatsoever. So there is at least one example of them letting his VA work stay in for a more recent product.

Rick & Morty isn’t King Star King though. Whether they’d bring him back under some crazy scenario or keep whatever he recorded on the current season, it’d only make things worse publicly.

• Like 2