UnevenEdge

Squirtle is the worst starter, and I'll tell you why:

Lasty

Blastoise's original concept did not have those stupid cannons. It ruined an otherwise awesome pokemon.

I would love to see a canonical version lacking those cannons. It could move way faster and not be able to learn higher tier water type moves...

10 minutes ago, Insipid said:

Nah, when you're a kid Charmander was the worst, as the first gym was rock type.

I'm not going to deny that Squirtle gives you an advantage strategically. That doesn't outweigh the ridiculousness of those cannons.

It was my younger brother's game so I'd just fool around with it a bit, but I think he wound up having BIte for anything that was strong against water, and Water Gun/Hydro Pump for anything that was weak to it. That thing was a steamroller.

6 hours ago, Top Gun said:

It was my younger brother's game so I'd just fool around with it a bit, but I think he wound up having BIte for anything that was strong against water, and Water Gun/Hydro Pump for anything that was weak to it. That thing was a steamroller.

I just remember because it was during Gameboy link days and my friend, who was a huge pokenerd, had moves on pokemon that didn't go together. I was thinking it was an egg move.

But in retrospect, you couldn't breed in gen 1 so I could totally be thinking gen 2-3.

23 hours ago, eklipse said:

But he’s the coolest because he has sunglasses and a squad.  😎

(only watched the tv show and play Pokémon go 😂)

You....  NEED... to go play the old gameboy games. Seriously, you're missing out, it's quintessential to the Pokemon experience.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2023 at 4:09 PM, Top Gun said:

I had a Typhlosion with Earthquake, Thunder Punch, Flamethrower, and an interchangeable 4th slot (Strength for a while, I think I replaced it with Bite or Crunch). It was funny, if impractical for playing against just about anyone who had any concept of using stats and status effects in any meaningful way.

• Like 1